Author Topic: Blockbuster Ivermectin trial suddenly cancelled…  (Read 291 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Blockbuster Ivermectin trial suddenly cancelled…
« on: December 17, 2021, 12:43:14 am »
UncoverDC By Michelle Edwards -December 16, 2021

In late June, the University of Oxford announced that PRINCIPLE, one of the U.K. Government’s national priority platform trials of COVID-19 treatments, would be evaluating Ivermectin, the seventh treatment to be investigated in the PRINCIPLE trial. Along with the influenza antiviral drug favipiravir, Ivermectin, the “safe, broad-spectrum antiparasitic drug,” was added as part of the trial’s focus on treatment for people in the U.K. who have recently developed symptoms of COVID-19. Yet, suddenly, without an explanation from Merck—who is a key manufacturer of the generic, readily available drug Ivermectin—MedPage Today reports that PRINCIPLE’s trial on the drug is paused, stating:

“The Ivermectin arm of the U.K.’s PRINCIPLE trial is “currently paused due to temporary supply issues.”

With over 5,000 people signed up for the study, participants were randomly assigned to receive a three-day course of Ivermectin treatment. The trial was set to offer meaningful and much-anticipated data. And despite the current demand for Ivermectin, a robust supply is typically available, making the supply issue challenging to understand. Without question, the market caused by off-label usage has been substantial as prescriptions in the U.S. went from a few thousand per week pre-pandemic to nearly 90,000 per week during the pandemic. Nonetheless, this drug is straightforward to produce, and there are multiple suppliers.

Notably, as multiple experts proclaim the extremely positive benefits of early treatment with Ivermectin in COVID-19, Merck’s declaration that the probability of effective treatment with Ivermectin is “low” is suspicious. It would be careless to neglect to mention that Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics recently signed a $2.2 billion agreement with the U.S. government to purchase 3.1 million courses of molnupiravir, which the company began focusing on in April 2021 after the discontinuation of the development of MK-7110 for the treatment of COVID-19 patients in the hospital. In a Nov. 9, 2021 press release to announce the agreement, Merck declared:

“We’re honored that the U.S. government has chosen to purchase more than 3 million courses of molnupiravir, our promising oral antiviral, so that molnupiravir, if authorized, will be among the vaccines and medicines available to fight COVID-19 as part of our collective efforts to bring this pandemic to an end. In light of the continued impact of the pandemic on hundreds of thousands of people every day, all of us at Merck are moving with urgency and rigor to bring molnupiravir, with its compelling data showing a significant reduction in death and hospitalizations, to patients as quickly as we can.”

More: https://uncoverdc.com/2021/12/16/supply-issues-pause-uk-ivermectin-trial-as-merck-lands-2-2b-us-govt-contract-for-new-drug/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Blockbuster Ivermectin trial suddenly cancelled…
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 12:46:31 am »
Total bullshit. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 12:59:36 am »
Total bullshit.

Only because it's cheap and much more effective and has less side effects then any of the vaccines.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 01:24:36 am »
Only because it's cheap and much more effective and has less side effects then any of the vaccines.

Yup. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 01:32:33 am »
Precisely!

(Back to the feed store...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 01:41:32 am »

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 02:16:57 am »
I got a tube at Rural King and hope never to need it!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 02:28:52 am »
I know my 500ml of Ivomec has to be way past its shelf life, but I'll still take if if I need to. No tellin' what it would cost to get a new bottle now.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 02:38:12 am »
I got a tube at Rural King and hope never to need it!

From Texas Yellow rose.

Save these links:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

You can also make your own hydroxacloroquine.  sp?  On internet. Better than nothing. I make homemade Elderberry tincture to improve immune system.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwPeeagXiM&t=130s

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2021, 03:38:46 am »
I know my 500ml of Ivomec has to be way past its shelf life, but I'll still take if if I need to. No tellin' what it would cost to get a new bottle now.
From what I recall expiration dates on meds is not written in stone, pharmaceutical companies simply stop spending money on testing at some point and that point isn't when the drug loses efficacy. I am constantly having this this discussion with my wife when she starts tossing meds the day after their expiration dates.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 04:14:27 am »
That's my understanding, too, Gt. Drugs aren't like milk that definitely goes bad around its use-by date. If properly stored, drugs will be effective for a good while after stated date.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 04:19:50 am »
That's my understanding, too, Gt. Drugs aren't like milk that definitely goes bad around its use-by date. If properly stored, drugs will be effective for a good while after stated date.

True.  Then in a dry climate like SW...even longer.  All it means is,  less potent. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 07:12:42 am »
Be careful. S0me drugs don't decay rapidly and only lose a little efficacy, depending on proper storage..

Others, like nitroglycerine, tetracycline, and insulin, will decay into toxic byproducts and should be discarded after their use-by date.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160303192906/https://slep.dmsbfda.army.mil/slep/slep_info_paper_JAN_2006.doc
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis