Author Topic: McConnell, Emblematic of Republicans’ Past, Is The Least Popular Politician In America  (Read 111 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 McConnell, Emblematic of Republicans’ Past, Is The Least Popular Politician In America
December 15, 2021 By Tristan Justice

Even with bad approval ratings, the nation’s top four Democratic leaders are more popular than Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

According to an aggregate of polls maintained by RealClearPolitics, just 24 percent of Americans view McConnell favorably, compared to 59 percent who say otherwise for a net negative of 35 percent. McConnell’s Democratic counterpart in the upper chamber, Sen. Chuck Schumer, enjoys a 32 percent favorability rating, while Nancy Pelosi’s stands at 34 percent, Vice President Kamala Harris at 40 percent, and President Joe Biden at 43 percent.

The low ratings signal a challenge for McConnell in the GOP leader’s effort to maintain control of the Republican conference beyond next year’s midterms. With one seat needing to flip in a hostile year for Democrats, Republicans hold the advantage to reclaim a Senate majority. The season’s primary battles, however, showcase McConnell’s simmering unpopularity in a changing Republican Party outside the Beltway.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/15/mcconnell-emblematic-of-republicans-past-is-the-least-popular-politician-in-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And yet, he will be the Majority Leader when the GOP takes over.  McCarthy is just as bad, but is more likely to be beaten out when it's time to elect a new Speaker.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

McConnell is emblematic of a large snapping turtle in the middle of the road.  Not small enough to drive around.  Too big to run over.  Too mean and too heavy to move.  Just an immovable obstacle that impedes progress.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 05:12:02 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And yet, he will be the Majority Leader when the GOP takes over.  McCarthy is just as bad, but is more likely to be beaten out when it's time to elect a new Speaker.

We need to pay attention now ... and prepare for primaries in 2022.  There are 14 Democrats and 20 Republicans up for reelection in the Senate.  We need to choose wisely and vote like our lives depend on it.

Neither McCarthy nor McConnell can remain at the helm ---- whether we achieve the majority or not.

Offline rustynail

Unfortunately Mitch is like Honey Badger, he don't care.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
All the incumbents protect all the incumbents, as long as they all agree to cozy up to their K Street masters.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien