Author Topic: God Gives Freewill; Satan Mandates ‘Force’  (Read 117 times)

rangerrebew

God Gives Freewill; Satan Mandates ‘Force’
« on: December 14, 2021, 06:44:42 pm »
God Gives Freewill; Satan Mandates ‘Force’

by Rob Pue

December 12, 2021

The lessons that have proven most valuable in my life have seldom been learned in school or any formal setting.  School can provide you with valuable knowledge, but knowledge does not equal wisdom.  The greatest lessons seem to consist of a small pinch of knowledge, a healthy portion of common sense and a generous helping of wisdom.  The latter comes only with God’s blessing, maturity, patience and time.

Take, for example, something my Dad taught me when I was just a kid; something that took me repeated reminders to fully learn.  I understand, now, that it was because of my strong-willed, stubborn nature.  At the time, his advice was just frustrating to me, but certainly no less true.  The lesson?  “DON’T FORCE IT!”  This was advice and direction he gave as I was working on a model ship as a youngster.  I was following the directions that came with the model to the best of my young ability, but the pieces didn’t fit just right.  I could MAKE them fit, if I pressed hard enough, but the project would not be done properly.  “Don’t force it,” was good advice.  Because sure enough, something was wrong; when I looked closer, I discovered I was trying to put two of the wrong pieces together.  When I used the right ones, they went together easily.

I found that advice to be valuable later in my teen years as well, whether I was dealing with a woodworking project or a minor car repair… whenever I’d hit a snag in the process I had a choice to make — in my stubborn, willful manner, I could FORCE the pieces together, and try to MAKE them work the way I thought was right.  But instinctively, I knew it wasn’t right… my Dad had taught me, and I knew from experience, that if it WAS right, it would go together easily and naturally.  No force was ever needed.  Forcing it would never turn out well.  In fact, the use of force would ruin the whole thing.

https://newswithviews.com/god-gives-freewill-satan-mandates-force/

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: God Gives Freewill; Satan Mandates ‘Force’
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 08:16:09 pm »
Don't tell Calvinists that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024