Author Topic: Wisconsin Democratic governor vetoes restrictive abortion bills  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wisconsin Democratic governor vetoes restrictive abortion bills
« on: December 04, 2021, 01:44:32 am »
Wisconsin Democratic governor vetoes restrictive abortion bills
By Brad Dress - 12/03/21 06:00 PM EST

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D) vetoed five bills on Friday that would have made abortion access more restrictive in the state.

In a press release and a statement on Twitter, Evers said he was firmly opposed to all five bills, which would have restricted abortion by providing more stringent reporting requirements on patients and providers, and by allowing third parties to press for damage claims in the case of an unwanted abortion.

“I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again today: as long as I’m governor, I will veto any legislation that turns back the clock on reproductive rights in this state—and that’s a promise,” he said. “We cannot go backwards, and I will never stop working to make sure every Wisconsinite has access to quality, affordable healthcare, including reproductive healthcare in this state.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/healthcare/584299-wisconsin-democratic-governor-vetoes-restrictive-abortion-bills
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34