Author Topic: Trump claims would-be running mates ‘begging’ for spot on 2024 ticket  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump claims would-be running mates ‘begging’ for spot on 2024 ticket
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2021, 12:13:06 am »
So not Trump himself, huh.

I find it very telling that so many have chosen to just ignore that little fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2021, 12:15:41 am »
Not painful at all @sneakypete , it's simply a fact.  I voted for him in 2020.

I have no problem with Trump being rude to the Ds, they have more than earned it.  My problem with him is he thinks anyone who doesn't flatter his ego is his enemy, so he makes everything about himself.  That's piss poor leadership; the R party and the country deserve a lot better.

@HoustonSam

Ok,put a name on " a lot better".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2021, 12:16:51 am »
Because it's not.  Leadership of this country is not a sales commission or an academy award.

@HoustonSam

Well,it's not Trumps fault you think "too small".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2021, 12:19:43 am »
What it is you don’t like hearing any criticism of Donald Trump.

It would be repetitive if Donald Trump wasn’t planning on running for anything anymore but the fact is he is tossing around the idea of running in 2024
Don’t you think that it’s proper or even required to critique somebody who wants the highest office in the land?
That’s why some of us are critiquing him the way we are. What will he do different, for example, when it comes to deficits and debt should he get the nomination again?

I find it boring and useless to keep hitting the best president we ever had!  MOST of what is written,  about him is a lie and slander.  So when, some on here, keep saying that same LEFT MEDIA ROT....IT IS BORING.  Unless POTUS TRUMP IS REINSTATED, HE WAS OUR LAST PRESIDENT.  You still believe in a vote?  lol  you love biden?

MANDATES with killing vaccines. BORDERS WIDE OPEN, bringing in all kind of disease, killers.  GAS PRICES and grocery's going up. NO FLY LISTS. INNOCENT MEN IN PRISON AS POLITICAL PRISONERS. You want to critique POTUS TRUMP.  Are you all out of your minds?  I AM ASKING. IN SOME TIME WARP? These aren't the old days. Wake up!

Ah, deficit, that great talking point by LEFTS.  No one told you about ONE TRILLION COMING INTO OUR TREASURY, right?
(Under Trump)  No one told you, about the BILLIONS coming in from CHINA...under tariffs.  !7 billion given to farmers, as they were targeted.  YOU DON'T THINK, MEDIA, would ever, say something positive about him do you? Does it ever occur to you, that MEDIA HAS SLANDERED HIM FOR 24/7?

According to MEDIA...NOTHING HE DOES IS EVER CORRECT.  A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS MAN.  WAS A BILLIONAIRE.  HE, HE..according to media, and YOU ...can do NOTHING..RIGHT! 

Then you all just go along and think, you had an original idea.  You all, have been brainwashed. Even now with all the NEWS how CCP is taking over our country....you talk about...votes.   All the marxists in office!  AUSTIN LLOYD, TOP DOG IN PENTAGON,  promoting BLM, CRT, and gays in the military.  Making us weak.  You want to bad mouth, the only man, trying to save our country! 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2021, 12:23:18 am »

Jealousy is never pretty,or flattering.

I can see there is no reasoning with you,so I will TRY to stop responding to your inane posts.
@HoustonSam

6666kiss 999999999999

Offline LMAO

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2021, 12:24:59 am »
I find it boring and useless to keep hitting the best president we ever had!  MOST of what is written,  about him is a lie and slander.  So when, some on here, keep saying that same LEFT MEDIA ROT....IT IS BORING.  Unless POTUS TRUMP IS REINSTATED, HE WAS OUR LAST PRESIDENT.  You still believe in a vote?  lol  you love biden?

MANDATES with killing vaccines. BORDERS WIDE OPEN, bringing in all kind of disease, killers.  GAS PRICES and grocery's going up. NO FLY LISTS. INNOCENT MEN IN PRISON AS POLITICAL PRISONERS. You want to critique POTUS TRUMP.  Are you all out of your minds?  I AM ASKING. IN SOME TIME WARP? These aren't the old days. Wake up!

Ah, deficit, that great talking point by LEFTS.  No one told you about ONE TRILLION COMING INTO OUR TREASURY, right?
(Under Trump)  No one told you, about the BILLIONS coming in from CHINA...under tariffs.  !7 billion given to farmers, as they were targeted.  YOU DON'T THINK, MEDIA, would ever, say something positive about him do you? Does it ever occur to you, that MEDIA HAS SLANDERED HIM FOR 24/7?

According to MEDIA...NOTHING HE DOES IS EVER CORRECT.  A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS MAN.  WAS A BILLIONAIRE.  HE, HE..according to media, and YOU ...can do NOTHING..RIGHT! 

Then you all just go along and think, you had an original idea.  You all, have been brainwashed. Even now with all the NEWS how CCP is taking over our country....you talk about...votes.   All the marxists in office!  AUSTIN LLOYD, TOP DOG IN PENTAGON,  promoting BLM, CRT, and gays in the military.  Making us weak.  You want to bad mouth, the only man, trying to save our country!

And here’s one that I spoke of earlier being on one end of the Trump extreme

Friendly advice. Have your arguments have some substance and quit with the strawman arguments

The  “you hate America because you’re  critical of Donald Trump” is not a counterpoint

Oh, and learn about deficits and how they affect debt. I have a link in my tagline to the debt clock to assist you

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:26:56 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2021, 12:25:23 am »

To rehash his accomplishments and his faults are futile IMO at this point.

Let's move this country forward whether it be with Trump or someone else.  At this point, no one else has come forward, except for Pence hinting that he's running, which is a joke, nor do I see anyone in their right mind challenging him should he decide to run.  He still represents the voice of over 75 million.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:28:22 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2021, 01:39:32 am »
skeeter wrote:
"Trump was good for the country. That is all that matters to me."

Of course he was, and even the ne'ertrumpers who remain in the Briefing Room know this, although they'll jump through hoops before they'll admit it.

I started reading this thread, but skeeter's post says it all for me, as well.
No need to read further.
The "usual suspects" will just be moaning and complaining, with their usual moans and complaints.

Trump was the ONLY Republican who could have beaten Hillary in 2016.

He will again be the ONLY Republican with a chance of beating the dem-communist "underground election apparatus" in 2024 (and that's gonna be a tough row to hoe, in any case).

Not really much more to say...

Online corbe

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2021, 01:46:58 am »
   @LegalAmerican Please go back to the MAGAPILL link and refrain from posting the whole dam laundry list here.

Signed: Envious
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2021, 01:56:17 am »
skeeter wrote:

Of course he was, and even the ne'ertrumpers who remain in the Briefing Room know this, although they'll jump through hoops before they'll admit it.

No need to read further.
The "usual suspects" will just be moaning and complaining, with their usual moans and complaints.

He will again be the ONLY Republican with a chance of beating the dem-communist "underground election apparatus" in 2024 (and that's gonna be a tough row to hoe, in any case).

I do disagree that Trump was the only candidate who could beat Hillary, but I do agree that President Donald J. Trump with all his supposed character flaws, (narcissistic and sometimes bombastic behavior) was indeed good for this country.  He made some mistakes. He wasn't perfect., but he was patriotic and  definitely a leader. Though I've said it many times, it bears repeating; he has the absolute ability to connect with people. He made people realize that the MSM was not good for our country and exposed the deep state.

My hope is, should he run again, that he doesn't focus on his past accomplishments vs. Biden's blunders but rather he focuses on how he will lead this country forward again .... America must come first!!!!! 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2021, 02:03:10 am »
   @LegalAmerican Please go back to the MAGAPILL link and refrain from posting the whole dam laundry list here.

Signed: Envious

I second that emotion!!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2021, 02:30:10 am »
Most of us at TBR are at neither extreme. We would be the ones who supported another candidate until Trump became the nominee, then we (reluctantly) supported him because he still was better than the disastrous Hilldebeaste. Then, when we saw him doing some good things and keeping some promises, we were pleasantly surprised - especially when it came to the economy and unemployment. We're not worshiping him when we acknowledge that he did some good during his four years in the White House, and we are not despising him when we acknowledge that his personality is annoying and counterproductive.

888high58888 Good post.

If Trump manages to win the nomination in 2024, I will vote for him, period.  Any Democrat alternative would insure chaos and ultimately, carnage. But I also know that it will take more than a single term to repair the damage that has been done to this nation, and I would prefer a younger candidate without Trump's largely self-imposed baggage. And oh.... if that person were to make Donald Trump the Secretary of State, or the American representative to the United Nations, I would absolutely love it because heads would not only be exploding in the US, but throughout the world.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2021, 02:39:35 am »
888high58888 Good post.

If Trump manages to win the nomination in 2024, I will vote for him, period.  Any Democrat alternative would insure chaos and ultimately, carnage. But I also know that it will take more than a single term to repair the damage that has been done to this nation, and I would prefer a younger candidate without Trump's largely self-imposed baggage. And oh.... if that person were to make Donald Trump the Secretary of State, or the American representative to the United Nations, I would absolutely love it because heads would not only be exploding in the US, but throughout the world.

I believe that the U.S. needs to get out of the U.N.  I agree. DJT as Secretary of State would indeed make heads explode.  happy77

Online corbe

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2021, 02:44:23 am »
    I couldn't think of any Cabinet post more suitable for Trump than State in the DeSantis/Cruz Administration, that place has needed an enema since Haig.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2021, 02:47:44 am »
    I couldn't think of any Cabinet post more suitable for Trump than State in the DeSantis/Cruz Administration, that place has needed an enema since Haig.

Cruz and DeSantis could not withstand the wrath that Trump would bring down.  They would fire him in days...

Online corbe

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2021, 02:58:19 am »
   Usually the President dispatches his VP to handle that task.  Cruz would say (swallowing a grin) 'Your Fired' Donald.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2021, 03:21:18 am »
skeeter wrote:

No need to read further.

There will be no 2024.   He is POTUS....now, as elected, or we are done.   

Online corbe

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2021, 03:34:23 am »
    Trump the Great Emancipator v2.0   He freed so many otherwise boring people into a great Religion rivaling Manicheism (the only Major Religion, that DIED).

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2021, 06:09:44 am »
skeeter wrote:

No need to read further.

Wow, Trump was the only one that could beat Hillary? Really, Trump was the only candidate that came close to matching her dislike ratings. Roy Moore could of beat Hillary with two more fake scandals piled on top of him. The MSM knew this thus why they propped him up to be running against her.

I love how Trump talked tough and then caved like a little girl at most every budget. Talk tough, back down. Shut down PP, opps, they do great things the next debate. Sure, go ahead Trans Jenner, use any restroom you want. There was no cut in abortion funds that was not back-doored another way. Lets ban bump stocks and bad mouth the NRA right in front of the commies. The list goes on and on. Then the sex scandel (while married to the most beautiful first lady, wife number what?) that played out in the middle of it all (yeah, that high ground the republican claimed went crashing out the window). Trump was a walking train wreck. And Heck no, I will not vote for the son of a populist gun this time either.

The only hope Trump would have of winning is if Biden keeps pushing commie stuff up the American noses that they have no other choice than to vote for Trump. I think the pride issue with some folks here is they had rather go down twice with Trump than actually admit he was a horrible president (with exceptions that I gladly cheered with the rest of the group here).

So once again, I will not vote for him (write-in again)... I will say nice things if he wins over Biden (and root for Trump to win).... but no, Trump is no where close to being presidential material.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 06:15:25 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2021, 06:20:23 am »
I second that emotion!!

3rd...  She's a spammer.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2021, 12:16:23 pm »
Wow, Trump was the only one that could beat Hillary? Really, Trump was the only candidate that came close to matching her dislike ratings. Roy Moore could of beat Hillary with two more fake scandals piled on top of him. The MSM knew this thus why they propped him up to be running against her.

I love how Trump talked tough and then caved like a little girl at most every budget. Talk tough, back down. Shut down PP, opps, they do great things the next debate. Sure, go ahead Trans Jenner, use any restroom you want. There was no cut in abortion funds that was not back-doored another way. Lets ban bump stocks and bad mouth the NRA right in front of the commies. The list goes on and on. Then the sex scandel (while married to the most beautiful first lady, wife number what?) that played out in the middle of it all (yeah, that high ground the republican claimed went crashing out the window). Trump was a walking train wreck. And Heck no, I will not vote for the son of a populist gun this time either.

The only hope Trump would have of winning is if Biden keeps pushing commie stuff up the American noses that they have no other choice than to vote for Trump. I think the pride issue with some folks here is they had rather go down twice with Trump than actually admit he was a horrible president (with exceptions that I gladly cheered with the rest of the group here).

So once again, I will not vote for him (write-in again)... I will say nice things if he wins over Biden (and root for Trump to win).... but no, Trump is no where close to being presidential material.

I think the bolded describes two or three people here the best. That’s why they react the way they do to any critique of him.

I would add that he let Democratic mayors intimidate him out of utilizing the Insurrection Act while their cities burned and riots raged in Summer of 2020

@Sighlass
You can expect the charges from some of “Trump envy” and how you are  “jealous of Trump” and “orange man bad.”  What they won’t and can’t do is tell you you where you are wrong

Too many of his supporters overlooked issues or even defended Trump over things they wouldn’t do for Congressional Republicans

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:49:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2021, 02:49:10 pm »
I never voted for Trump until 2020 and if he chooses to run in 2024 I'll do it again twice (Primary and general) he's more than earned that. Otherwise, there will be no federal GOP candidate on my ballot who will receive my vote.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 02:52:33 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2021, 02:55:15 pm »
I never voted for Trump until 2020 and if he chooses to run in 2024 I'll do it again twice (Primary and general) he's more than earned that unlike most others in the GOP.
As always I concur, @Bigun. As difficult as it will no doubt be for some to do we're all just gonna have to accept each other's choices in 2024.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2021, 03:07:15 pm »
[...]   Too many of his supporters overlooked issues or even defended Trump over things they wouldn’t do for Congressional Republicans

@LMAO   I'm inviting you to let it rip .....  tell me what I overlooked.

Online corbe

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2021, 03:10:36 pm »
   The Almighty Trump who handled everything they threw at him (according to you, RiV) couldn't even handle Megan Kelly for a second debate.