Author Topic: AT&T Gets Woke: 'White People, You are the Problem'  (Read 539 times)

rangerrebew

AT&T Gets Woke: 'White People, You are the Problem'
« on: November 30, 2021, 02:42:50 pm »
Keely Sharp
November 28, 2021

AT&T is getting woke....step two is to go broke...which is exactly what is going to happen if they keep up this nonsense.

In Christopher Rufo's latest article for City Journal, he exposed the communication company for teaching ideas that “racism is a uniquely white trait” and that white people are “the problem.”

Rufo is a leading reporter on the CRT-takeover of American companies and education.

He reported that AT&T’s CEO John Stankey launched a CRT-based program last year that sought to teach employees that the company has an “obligation to engage on this issue of racial injustice” and to agitate for “systemic reforms in police departments across the country.”

“According to a senior employee, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity, managers at AT&T are now assessed annually on diversity issues, with mandatory participation in programs such as discussion groups, book clubs, mentorship programs, and race reeducation exercises. White employees, the source said, are tacitly expected to confess their complicity in “white privilege” and “systemic racism,” or they will be penalized in their performance reviews. As part of the overall initiative, employees are asked to sign a loyalty pledge to “keep pushing for change,” with suggested “intentions” such as “reading more about systemic racism” and “challenging others’ language that is hateful.” “If you don’t do it,” the senior employee says, “you’re [considered] a racist.” AT&T did not respond when asked for comment," Rufo wrote.

https://dailypatriotreport.com/att-gets-woke-white-people-you-are-the-problem/

Offline skeeter

Re: AT&T Gets Woke: 'White People, You are the Problem'
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 02:49:25 pm »
White people in general tend to still cling to principles like the sovereignty of the individual and, frankly, tend to vote the wrong way.

The Corporate/government cabal just won't have it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:51:22 pm by skeeter »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 02:55:20 pm »
AT&T should concentrate on fixing their corporate acquisitions department before lecturing the rest of us on how we should embrace racism against people born to white parents.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 02:59:12 pm »
Keely Sharp
November 28, 2021

AT&T is getting woke....step two is to go broke...which is exactly what is going to happen if they keep up this nonsense.

.... AT&T’s CEO John Stankey launched a CRT-based program last year that sought to teach employees that the company has an “obligation to engage on this issue of racial injustice” and to agitate for “systemic reforms in police departments across the country.”

The only obligation any company has is to return maximum value to shareholders without violating the law.  Fiduciary misfeasance lawsuits will sooner or later put this to rest as investors expect their capital to produce an actual return, not to fund moralizing sermons.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 03:07:41 pm »
The only obligation any company has is to return maximum value to shareholders without violating the law.  Fiduciary misfeasance lawsuits will sooner or later put this to rest as investors expect their capital to produce an actual return, not to fund moralizing sermons.
IMO this entire woke farce is aimed at enhancing the company's influence within the federal government, which goes to value. As with everything else the left does, it has very little to do with any perverse principle and everything to do with money & power.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 03:33:37 pm »
Funny because AT&T is known to have difficulty competing in a number of markets it's in that have lots of rivals.

But I guess shoot your hand off is the strategy here.

The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 04:07:36 pm »
AT&T's CEO CRT nonsense is to distract shareholders from its poor stock price performance under his leadership.

This is what makes the Nonsense and the Stupid is dangerous - it destroys value and wealth  to achieve less than nothing.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 04:17:36 pm »
AT&T's CEO CRT nonsense is to distract shareholders from its poor stock price performance under his leadership.

This is what makes the Nonsense and the Stupid is dangerous - it destroys value and wealth  to achieve less than nothing.

Just another corporate suicide. Lately, there seems to be at least one a day.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 04:38:12 pm »
Just another corporate suicide. Lately, there seems to be at least one a day.
Its a mistake to ascribe this to stupidity, IMO. There is a method at work here.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 04:51:49 pm »
It's not stupidity, it's The Stupid.

The Stupid is ... the GE Board allowing Jeffrey Immelt destroy shareholder value for over a decade.

The Stupid is ... bankrupting the fossil fuel industry that could provide America with cheap energy as a global competitive advantage.

The Stupid is ... law enforcement officials publicly proclaiming they will not punish low-level offenses, such as shop lifting, just as retail starts to recover.

The Stupid is ... repeatedly doubling down on poor, self-destructive behavior.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 04:54:11 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 05:20:47 pm »
It's not stupidity, it's The Stupid.

The Stupid is ... the GE Board allowing Jeffrey Immelt destroy shareholder value for over a decade.

The Stupid is ... bankrupting the fossil fuel industry that could provide America with cheap energy as a global competitive advantage.

The Stupid is ... law enforcement officials publicly proclaiming they will not punish low-level offenses, such as shop lifting, just as retail starts to recover.

The Stupid is ... repeatedly doubling down on poor, self-destructive behavior.
The subject is, specifically, AT&T getting "woke".

Its about catering to an increasingly authoritarian government & hoping for a seat at the table.

Its cynical and devious, its not stupid.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:22:20 pm by skeeter »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 05:22:57 pm »
No money for you, either, ATT.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 06:27:09 pm »
When wokeness pervades private corporations, it has the potential to destroy enterprise value.  Management distracted by wokeness forgets that its core competency is to create greater enterpise value to benefit stakeholders and to grow GDP.

Why should shareholders suffer because social justice warriors are unwilling to hold their own limousine liberal civic leaders accountable for their 50 years of failure, half-measures, lip service, and unfulfilled promises that contributed the growing wealth gap?

Wokeness doesn't hold the correct parties accountable for the decades of underinvestment in social infrastructure and misallocation of public funds, especially in states dominated by Democrats.

The nonsense solves nothing and decreases the GDP contribution of private businesses.

Punishing corporate stakeholders does nothing to hold public officials to account.  It destroys enterprise value to achieve nothing and to solve nothing.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 09:00:51 pm »
No money for you, either, ATT.
The day I left ATT was a very happy day indeed, and that was lots of years before this BS started.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 10:31:57 pm »
All the invective and lecturing directed at white people by virtue-signaling nabobs in high positions must cause a tremendous amount of bewilderment among many millions of white people who just about never have contact with black people.
In the upper Midwest where I reside outside of the major metropolitan cities many areas are virtually devoid of black people. While there's a lot more black people in my hometown  than when I lived there 50 years ago (one black family in a population of 50,000 then, now 2% of the population), many white people in the upper Midwest still spend most of their lives rarely encountering any black people. So how are we going to oppress them if they're not around for us to oppress?
I would guess many or most white people in America go well out of their way to either avoid blacks (if possible) or when they're around them not say or do anything to irritate them knowing the consequences.
Corporate America has decided to chase the chimera of White Racism which they know exists but never seems to be able to pin down its whereabouts. But they know it exists. Who needs evidence?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:33:02 pm by goatprairie »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 10:50:36 pm »
IMO this entire woke farce is aimed at enhancing the company's influence within the federal government, which goes to value. As with everything else the left does, it has very little to do with any perverse principle and everything to do with money & power.

THE WHITE FOUNDING FATHERS.....are turning in their graves.  THEY CREATED AN AMERICA.

The rest of minorities ....did what?  Why didn't THEY create an America?  WRITE OUR CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS?   Those basics came from the Bible.  Those who are unhappy living in America, can leave it.  This is why we have millions crashing our borders to GET IT.   NOT FOR WOKENESS,  but our constitution, which they now, want to destroy and America be like any other turd world country.  SUCH AN AMBITION. 

This all went downhill, with Hart/Celler act 1964.   JFK wanted it and LBJ & TEDDY pushed it through.  Still love JFK? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 10:56:51 pm »
A lot of muslims are at the top.......C.E.O'S.  BLAME MY MEMORY.  And Chinese. Killing America. This has gone on a long time. I think BILL CLINTON, put in the final blade in our backs. But he didn't send mean tweets and isn't a NARCISSIST.  HA!

Oh, look what I just got sent to me.

DEMOCRATS   PUBLISHED: 6:04 PM 29 NOV 2021
Biden Regime Fed Chair Linked To Communist China Party
Of course.

by April Matthews

https://conservativedailypost.com/biden-regime-fed-chair-linked-to-communist-china-party/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:35:59 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2021, 11:10:50 pm »
In Christopher Rufo's latest article for City Journal, he exposed the communication company for teaching ideas that “racism is a uniquely white trait” and that white people are “the problem.”

And THERE it is!

ANYBODY stupid enough to believe that doesn't deserve to have an opinion,never mind get it published and supported.

I honestly believe that Soros and his globalist co-conspirators want to start a race war in order to have the excuse they need to suspend the US Constitution "for the duration of the emergency",and THEY,of course will be the only ones in a position to make that decision.

Martial Law for thee and me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2021, 11:37:26 pm »
And THERE it is!

ANYBODY stupid enough to believe that doesn't deserve to have an opinion,never mind get it published and supported.

I honestly believe that Soros and his globalist co-conspirators want to start a race war in order to have the excuse they need to suspend the US Constitution "for the duration of the emergency",and THEY,of course will be the only ones in a position to make that decision.

Martial Law for thee and me.

:bingo:  And we know who SOROS is.   :hattip:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 01:26:36 am »
THE WHITE FOUNDING FATHERS.....are turning in their graves.  THEY CREATED AN AMERICA.

The rest of minorities ....did what?  Why didn't THEY create an America?  WRITE OUR CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS?   Those basics came from the Bible.  Those who are unhappy living in America, can leave it.  This is why we have millions crashing our borders to GET IT.   NOT FOR WOKENESS,  but our constitution, which they now, want to destroy and America be like any other turd world country.  SUCH AN AMBITION. 

This all went downhill, with Hart/Celler act 1964.   JFK wanted it and LBJ & TEDDY pushed it through.  Still love JFK?
"Why didn't THEY create an America?"

What!!!! didn't you get the message?  America "was built on the backs of blacks (slaves)."
That little trope has been going around for a few decades now uttered by many ignorant blacks and white liberals like Samantha Bee. Yes, even though blacks were a tiny minority in the North where most of the industrialization of the country took place before and after the Civil War, many blacks firmly believe that they built the entire country.
Some believe it because cotton, mostly picked by black slaves, was the number one export of the country before the CW.
So that's why many blacks think they are owed.  Despite the fact that the country would run perfectly fine without them (a lot less violent crime for one thing), they still persist in the delusion that the America as we know it now just couldn't have existed without them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 01:27:23 am by goatprairie »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2021, 04:28:43 pm »
The day I left ATT was a very happy day indeed, and that was lots of years before this BS started.

So you weren't a fan of the Time-Warner acquisition?  No company can piss away profit like AT&T.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2021, 04:57:56 pm »
Funny because AT&T is known to have difficulty competing in a number of markets it's in that have lots of rivals.

But I guess shoot your hand off is the strategy here.
I dumped them years ago. I could use their coverage map to tell where to drill for oil (where I worked they had no coverage). Verizon, as aggravating as they can be, provided far superior service.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2021, 05:11:38 pm »
I dumped them years ago. I could use their coverage map to tell where to drill for oil (where I worked they had no coverage). Verizon, as aggravating as they can be, provided far superior service.

Twenty years ago, I started out with AT&T Wireless.  It worked fine, UNTIL they got bought out by BellSouth, at which point it completely went into the toilet.  It stayed that way until BellSouth got bought out by AT&T.  Go figure.

We are back with AT&T now because we have U-verse.  But when AT&T acquired Direct TV (yet another bonehead AT&T acquisition) we started getting bombarded with Direct TV sales calls.  At least the Direct TV folks figured out that they would be competing with AT&T again in the near future, so they got a hold of their entire customer base and tried to get them to switch over before the inevitable split came.

We are now working on stepping away from paid TV entirely and switching land line, cell service, and internet to another company.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2021, 06:51:54 pm »

"Everything woke turns to shit" ~~ DJT

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2021, 10:56:03 pm »
So you weren't a fan of the Time-Warner acquisition?  No company can piss away profit like AT&T.
A funny thing, I get my cell service from Spectrum formerly Time-Warner and get to use the Verizon(so I'm told) cellular system and pay $14 a month for one gig and unlimited texting and calling. Compared to AT&T that's dirt cheap and I don't get the drop offs and dead zones like I did with AT&T.