Author Topic: Media ignoring the utter weirdness of Biden’s Nantucket stay at a billionaire’s estate  (Read 96 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 28, 2021
Media ignoring the utter weirdness of Biden’s Nantucket stay at a billionaire’s estate
By Thomas Lifson

Normally, when going to stay at a friend’s house, etiquette requires bringing a gift – say, flowers, some wine, or something to eat. But what about the strange circumstances Joe and Dr. Jill Biden face while staying at the Nantucket estate of multi-billionaire hedge fund founder David Rubenstein? It’s a really, really long (since Tuesday night) weekend stay, so one might wonder if Benjamin Franklin’s famous aphorism, that guests, like fish, start to smell after 3 days, comes into play. But nope, not a chance.

You see, while “visiting” their “friend’s” estate, Joe and Dr. Jill are not going to see the Rubensteins at all. They’ve cleared out. Traveling overseas, doncha know. I very much doubt that they had booked a non-refundable airfare when Joe’s staff called up and asked about “visiting” over Thanksgiving weekend. They no doubt have at least one private jet at their disposal. So, they cleared out of their estate to make room for Mr. and Dr. POTUS. How thoughtful!

But isn’t that what AirBnB and VRBO are for?

I don’t know what a lavish multi-room estate on Nantucket would rent for on those sites, but it has to be a substantial sum per night.  So, doesn’t this amount to a lavish gift to a sitting president, one worth many thousands of dollars?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/11/media_ignoring_the_utter_weirdness_of_bidens_nantucket_stay_at_a_billionaires_estate.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

I'm sure they're paying market price to rent the estate. Must be at least a dollar or two per fortnight.
We've visited the island twice. I'm sure that's all we paid for our B&Bs.  *****rollingeyes*****

Meanwhile, Joe wanders the streets of lovely Nantucket:

Stephen L. Miller
@redsteeze
59m
Walks down the street with a mask on. Takes it off when he gets close to people to talk. Coughs openly into his hand. Amazing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Looks like Jill got tired of babysitting and wiping Joe's rear end. A girl's gotta have a little drinkie now and again, doesn't she?
Nantucket Current
@ACKCurrent
Nov 27
First Lady Jill Biden was living it up behind the bar Saturday afternoon at Slip 14 on Old South Wharf on Nantucket. Biden was asked by one of the restaurant’s owners to take a shot, to which she replied “No, my grandkids are here!” #Nantucket #BidenWatch

4:02 PM · Nov 27, 2021

Offline mountaineer