Author Topic: Afghan translator expresses gratitude for daughters' education, first Thanksgiving in America  (Read 64 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Afghan translator expresses gratitude for daughters' education, first Thanksgiving in America
Zabiullah escaped from Kabul in August
By Jennifer Griffin , Kim Anderson | Fox News

Three months ago, Zabiullah R., who served as a combat translator for the 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan, did not know what would happen to him and his family after the U.S. military withdrawal.   

Zabiullah, affectionately known by troops as Johnny, was able to escape Kabul in August, with the help of a U.S. senator, a private veterans group, and members of the 82nd Airborne. Johnny arrived with his family at his new North Carolina home back in October.   

Today, his young daughters are already getting something they never would have received under the Taliban: an education.   

"They’re happy and they’re excited," said Johnny. "Every morning … 6 o'clock in the morning, my two daughters, they wake up and get ready … just come into my room and wake up us." 

Johnny says the girls even ask to go on weekends. 

"I tell them, like 'two days off, you have to stay home'," said Johnny. "They keep asking, 'We want to go to school, we like school. We have friends back school. We want to play with them. We want to meet them.'" 

His daughters have been welcomed at their new school in Weddington, North Carolina, and embraced by the community, where many of the soldiers Johnny once served alongside now live.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/afghan-translator-gratitude-daughters-education-first-thanksgiving-america
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34