Author Topic: Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism  (Read 4146 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
No more White Santas! From now on Santa can only be Black, Mexican, or Transgender.
Good Luck on finding enough of their beloved 'persecuted minorities' to ring the bell this year.
In my life experience, 90+ bell ringers were White.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Salvation Army Withdraws Controversial Guide, Which Urged Donors to ‘Repent’ for Racism

The Salvation Army’s International Social Justice Commission has withdrawn a controversial guidance on race, which urged donors to offer a “sincere apology” and ask for forgiveness for white supremacy and white-dominated culture after its contents went viral. However, despite originally issuing the guidance, which urged donors to “lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed,” the charitable organization denies the word-for-word reports on the contents of the guide, describing them as “simply false.”

Hannah Bleau29 Nov 2021, 12:48 PM PST

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/29/salvation-army-withdraws-controversial-guide-urged-donors-repent-racism/

To late..... They dropped the curtain for all to see..

Offline LegalAmerican

No more White Santas! From now on Santa can only be Black, Mexican, or Transgender.
Good Luck on finding enough of their beloved 'persecuted minorities' to ring the bell this year.
In my life experience, 90+ bell ringers were White.

lol. Most of them...don't do volunteer work.

Offline Hoodat

The link to the pamphlet has finally been removed from their website, but the cover is still there.

It stayed out there for seven months.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Racist much?  Oh nevermind you are a resident furry foreigner racist who claims to be an American.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

Racist much?  Oh nevermind you are a resident furry foreigner racist who claims to be an American.

lol. Truth telling is not RACIST.  240B JUST SAID 90% + are white volunteers. I just agreed.  I am a legal immigrant, who is A NATURALIZED CITIZEN.  AMERICAN. LEGAL AMERICAN. Pick on 240B. Correction...."You are being racist." is about WINGNUT, NOT 240B

In my life experience, 90+ bell ringers were White.=240B
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:08:35 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
lol. Truth telling is not RACIST.  240B JUST SAID 90% + are white volunteers. I just agreed.  I am a legal immigrant, who is A NATURALIZED CITIZEN.  AMERICAN. LEGAL AMERICAN. Pick on 240B. You are being racist.

You weren't fully vetted.  How did you slip thru.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My comment was not specifically about race, it was based on my own personal life experience.
I honestly, "telling the truth" cannot remember ever seeing a Black person ringing the bell at Christmas time.
If that is 'racist' then so be it. It is the truth. That is just how it was for me growing up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

It's pretty common for bellringers to be paid, nowadays.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

My comment was not specifically about race, it was based on my own personal life experience.
I honestly, "telling the truth" cannot remember ever seeing a Black person ringing the bell at Christmas time.
If that is 'racist' then so be it. It is the truth. That is just how it was for me growing up.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

Evidence?

I seen plenty of black  bell ringers in my time.

I’ve seen plenty of both black and Native American people volunteer their time at food shelves and soup kitchens
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

The race card has been overly used over the years but in LA’s case it is applicable
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The race card has been overly used over the years but in LA’s case it is applicable

Honestly, almost nothing this person says is defendable.  She's an embarassment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mod2

Please stay on topic, which isn't other members.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
It's surprising to me that there are those who never see people of color ringing the bell. Maybe they're from one of those mostly white states, so there are mostly only whites to fill those positions.  :shrug: On the Texas Gulf Coast, we have people of all flavors manning the kettle. I find myself wondering if they know what has happened within their organization and how they feel about it once they understand what the upper echelon has set in motion.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Hoodat

I have only noticed the color of the bell, not the color of the person ringing it.  It's the bell that get's a person's attention.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have only noticed the color of the bell, not the color of the person ringing it.  It's the bell that get's a person's attention.

I know that I have never paid the slightest bit of attention to the person ringing the bell.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.  I donated twice this past weekend (grrrrr!) and I couldn't tell you what color either person was. 
 :shrug:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Are they afraid that whites would be less likely to make a donation if the bellringer was a minority?

Is that their unconscious bias or mine?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I want the Salvation Army to apologize to me, and to return my donations ... with compounded interest.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Come on, who cares about the skin tone of the bell ringer? Many of them are paid, some are volunteers, but I suspect they represent the demographics, more or less, of the community in which the kettle is located.

The real issue is what Salvation Army is doing with the donations - and it seems to have way too little to do with William Booth's original goal and too much to do with faux social justice and demonizing a particular group of people. That's what I no longer will support.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Come on, who cares about the skin tone of the bell ringer? Many of them are paid, some are volunteers, but I suspect they represent the demographics, more or less, of the community in which the kettle is located.

The real issue is what Salvation Army is doing with the donations - and it seems to have way too little to do with William Booth's original goal and too much to do with faux social justice and demonizing a particular group of people. That's what I no longer will support.

:yowsa: Agree 100% and for a long time SA was the most efficiently run charitable organization out there. More donor money got to people in need than any of them. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

goopo
Couldn't agree more.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

This is why I give to local charities. Our church has a food shelf I give to. I also donate to the local speech clinic where my autistic son went when he was younger. There’s also a woman I work with who is part of a local charity that works with mothers whose newborns are born premature. Oh and also my local toys for tots drive

Never given  to the Salvation Army and I guess now I have more of a reason not to. The worst thing for charities to do is delve into politics. Just be a charitable organization. Why is that so difficult?

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Salvation Army Withdraws Controversial Guide, Which Urged Donors to ‘Repent’ for Racism

@EdinVA

That was awful white of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!