Author Topic: Joe Biden Spending Thanksgiving Holiday in Nantucket  (Read 431 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Spending Thanksgiving Holiday in Nantucket
« on: November 23, 2021, 03:06:44 pm »
Joe Biden Spending Thanksgiving Holiday in Nantucket

Charlie Spiering 23 Nov 2021

President Joe Biden will spend his extended Thanksgiving weekend in Nantucket, Massachusetts, a traditional gathering place for the elites.

The president and First Lady Jill Biden are scheduled to leave Tuesday evening for their trip where they will meet up with their family.

The Bidens appear to be staying at the Abrams Point compound of Carlyle Group co-founder and prominent Washington, DC, philanthropist David Rubenstein, according to the Nantucket newspaper Inquirer and Mirror.

Since 1975, the Biden family has spent Thanksgiving on the island but did not do so last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

In 2020, Biden spent Thanksgiving in Delaware with just his wife and his daughter and his son-in-law.

“Last Thanksgiving, I sat down with my wife, my daughter, and my son-in-law,” he recalled during a press conference at the beginning of the month. “This Thanksgiving, we’re all in a very different circumstance. Things are a hell of a lot better.”

Biden even wrote an “Ode to Nantucket” in the Nantucket magazine in 2020, calling his first decision to spend the holiday on the island an “act of diplomacy” in order to satisfy both family’s wishes on Thanksgiving.

He described the family tradition of spending time on the island, that grew to host all of his children and grandchildren.

“We had some great years in that span, and we had some lousy years, but whatever was happening, whatever bumps and bruises we were suffering, we put it all aside and celebrated Thanksgiving in Nantucket,” he wrote.

Biden has repeatedly reminded Americans that Thanksgiving in 2021 will be much better than a year ago when the country was locked down the help stop the spread of the coronavirus.

“Later this month, our tables and our hearts are gonna be full, thanks to the vaccines,” he said during a speech.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/23/joe-biden-spending-thanksgiving-holiday-in-nantucket/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Joe Biden Spending Thanksgiving Holiday in Nantucket
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 03:12:59 pm »
Really?  God awful optics as people have to scale back Thanksgiving becuase of inflation and shortages.  Another poor decision that will bite him in press conferences.

Man, this White House is terrible at media optics.  Academic hubris.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 03:14:07 pm »
How nice, flying off to a lavish holiday retreat, while us "little folk" shiver in the cold of a Biden-induced economic shortage.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 05:46:06 pm »
There once went a man to Nantucket
To feast while telling others to.....

Okay I'm stuck, there is only one rhyming word I can think of that's also fitting but I like it here and don't want a time out.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 05:50:27 pm »

Okay I'm stuck, there is only one rhyming word I can think of that's also fitting but I like it here and don't want a time out.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 05:52:29 pm »
How nice, flying off to a lavish holiday retreat, while us "little folk" shiver in the cold of a Biden-induced economic shortage.

Who cares where the heck Joe flies off to.  Let him stay at that retreat as long as he wants. Keeping him away is best for our country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 05:57:36 pm »

Much like Joe's accomplishments  ...the Man from Nantucket "gifts" were highly exaggerated!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 06:27:40 pm »
I hope he freezes his butt off.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 06:38:14 pm »
Nantucket is actually one of the warmer spots in the Winter because of the moderating effect of the ocean.

But, there's always a chance of a Nor'easter.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online rustynail

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 08:10:23 pm »

You could also work the VP in there because she could......

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 02:50:05 pm »
Here's a link to the Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror newspaper for those who want to keep up with the Bidens and their Thanksgiving on Nantucket:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 08:48:25 pm »
MaskVirtue signaling upon arrival

The family — including Biden’s son, Hunter Biden and his wife Melissa Cohen, daughter Ashley Biden, and several of their grandchildren — arrived at the Nantucket Memorial Airport on Air Force One around 7 p.m., according to White House pool reporters.

Before they boarded AF One. No mask.

More at Boston.com

Well, at least there will be grandchildren there to keep his hands occupied.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2021, 11:19:24 pm »
This bum has been spending the past 46 Thanksgivings on Nantucket, but always mooches off others. This year they claim he's paying "rent," although I suspect it's more like a little "in kind" contribution from the fat cat homeowner.
EXCLUSIVE: Scranton Joe ups his game! President 'rents' his billionaire private equity 'friend' David Rubenstein's $30M Nantucket compound for Thanksgiving - where a rock on the front lawn reads 'I'd rather be working'

President Joe Biden, his wife Jill and the extended Biden clan have camped out at the luxurious Nantucket compound owned by billionaire businessman turned philanthropist David Rubenstein
    Like Biden, Rubenstein grew up in a middle-class, blue-collar family but made his fortune in private equity 
    His rich and powerful friends include Jimmy Carter, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos
    He practices 'patriotic philanthropy' - giving away millions to save historic artifacts - and pledge to give most of his $4.5 billion fortune away
    House sits on private 13-acre compound on posh island - DailyMail.com has exclusive pics

By Emily Goodin, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com On Nantucket
Published: 17:27 EST, 24 November 2021 | Updated: 18:06 EST, 24 November 2021

...   The Bidens are staying at Rubenstein's $20million 13-acre compound on Nantucket Harbor. Biden has previously stayed at Rubenstein's place on Nantucket, including in 2014 when he was vice president. The Bidens are paying rent but it's unclear how much.    ...
Full story and more photos at Daily Mail

Politico reports on the whole "he's paying rent, honest!" situation.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 12:39:37 am »
This bum has been spending the past 46 Thanksgivings on Nantucket, but always mooches off others. This year they claim he's paying "rent," although I suspect it's more like a little "in kind" contribution from the fat cat homeowner.Full story and more photos at Daily Mail

Politico reports on the whole "he's paying rent, honest!" situation.
And just what might the going rate be for, what the better part of a week at an exclusive 13 acre compound right on Nantucket Harbor with all the amenities? I'm guessing for Joe about a buck.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 03:52:33 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 04:10:28 pm »
Scott Walker
38m

President Ronald Reagan spent each of his 8 Thanksgivings at his beloved Rancho del Cielo with his family. We are honored to protect the Reagan Ranch and share his legacy with the next generation of freedom fighters! 
Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 06:54:39 pm »
Biden approval hits single digit: Nantucket man reportedly gives POTUS the finger
By Steven Nelson   
November 25, 2021 1:44pm

President Biden’s approval ratings have been epically low, but on a Thanksgiving Day stop at a New England Coast Guard station they suddenly reached the single digits.

A Nantucket man presented Biden’s motorcade with the middle finger Thursday as the unpopular commander in chief made the holiday stop during his stay at a billionaire’s island compound.

Biden’s approval ratings are in collapse amid the highest inflation in 31 years, which has driven up the costs of everything from turkey dinners to gas, and he’s increasingly been greeted with vulgar gestures and chants even when visiting deep-blue states. ... NY Post

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 10:53:42 pm »
Biden’s approval ratings are in collapse amid the highest inflation in 31 years, which has driven up the costs of everything from turkey dinners to gas, and he’s increasingly been greeted with vulgar well earned appropriate gestures and chants even when visiting deep-blue states. ... NY Post

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 11:57:36 pm »
Biden Welcomed to Nantucket on Thanksgiving Day with the Middle Finger

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 25 Nov 2021

A Nantucket man reportedly gave President Joe Biden’s motorcade the middle finger as Biden made a stop on Thanksgiving during his stay at billionaire David Rubinstein’s compound.

Biden and first lady Jill greeted the U.S. Coast Guard members before retiring to their vacation home on Rubenstein’s island. Biden gave “challenge coins” to Coast Guard members as a way to commemorate their service.

The President said to Coast Guard members:

I’m not joking when I say I’m thankful for these guys – I’m thankful for them, and everybody, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I’ve watched them in the South China Sea, I’ve watched them in Afghanistan, Iraq. I’ve watched them in South America … Wherever they are.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/25/biden-welcomed-to-nantucket-on-thanksgiving-day-with-the-middle-finger/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2021, 11:59:37 pm »
Biden tells Al Roker 'America is back' in surprise Thanksgiving parade call as they offer glimpse inside their $20m Nantucket retreat while granddaughter Naomi and new fiancé go for bike ride

*The President and First Lady called in NBC's Today show where they spoke with host Al Roker first
    *Biden told him: ‘My message is after two years, we're back, America is back, there's nothing we're unable to overcome, Al, you're one of the reasons for that, pal. You're always up, always rooting'
    *The couple then released a video on Twitter thanking the country's troops and commiserating those who died from COVID-19
    *They then ventured out to the US Coast Guard Station Brant Point on Nantucket to virtually call troops
    *The pair also greeted members of the Coast Guard; Biden gave out challenge coins with the Presidential insignia printed on them
    *Naomi Biden was spotted on the compound on a bicycle train with her new fiance Peter Neal
    *The entire family is staying on the $20million compound that belongs to Biden friend David Rubenstein

By Emily Goodin Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com and Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com
Published: 13:13 EST, 25 November 2021 | Updated: 17:44 EST, 25 November 2021   ...  Full story and photos at Daily Mail

President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden phoned in to the Today show on Thursday morning to speak with host Al Roker, who was broadcasting from the Macy's parade. The President told him: 'My message is after two years, we're back, America is back, there's nothing we're unable to overcome, Al, you're one of the reasons for that, pal. You're always up, always rooting'. Jill is wearing a pair of $495 Chloe sneakers

Why does she wear a mask while no one else does?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2021, 04:27:18 am »

Well, at least there will be grandchildren there to keep his hands occupied.

@mountaineer

OUCH!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2021, 05:29:30 am »
Biden tells Al Roker 'America is back' in surprise Thanksgiving parade call as they offer glimpse inside their $20m Nantucket retreat while granddaughter Naomi and new fiancé go for bike ride

*The President and First Lady called in NBC's Today show where they spoke with host Al Roker first
    *Biden told him: ‘My message is after two years, we're back, America is back, there's nothing we're unable to overcome, Al, you're one of the reasons for that, pal. You're always up, always rooting'
    *The couple then released a video on Twitter thanking the country's troops and commiserating those who died from COVID-19
    *They then ventured out to the US Coast Guard Station Brant Point on Nantucket to virtually call troops
    *The pair also greeted members of the Coast Guard; Biden gave out challenge coins with the Presidential insignia printed on them
    *Naomi Biden was spotted on the compound on a bicycle train with her new fiance Peter Neal
    *The entire family is staying on the $20million compound that belongs to Biden friend David Rubenstein

By Emily Goodin Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com and Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com
Published: 13:13 EST, 25 November 2021 | Updated: 17:44 EST, 25 November 2021   ...  Full story and photos at Daily Mail

President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden phoned in to the Today show on Thursday morning to speak with host Al Roker, who was broadcasting from the Macy's parade. The President told him: 'My message is after two years, we're back, America is back, there's nothing we're unable to overcome, Al, you're one of the reasons for that, pal. You're always up, always rooting'. Jill is wearing a pair of $495 Chloe sneakers

Why does she wear a mask while no one else does?
Why the heck does it look like she's wearing Army Boots? I bet the rags will all be praising her for her fashion sense while they ignored Melania and her wonderful outfits for four years.........and counting

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2021, 05:06:41 pm »
Really?  God awful optics as people have to scale back Thanksgiving becuase of inflation and shortages.  Another poor decision that will bite him in press conferences.

Man, this White House is terrible at media optics.  Academic hubris.

Agree with everything except it’ll bite him in the press conferences.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy