Author Topic: Long Island ER Temporarily Closes Due To Lack Of Nurses  (Read 312 times)

Offline Hoodat

Long Island ER Temporarily Closes Due To Lack Of Nurses
« on: November 23, 2021, 03:31:19 am »
Long Island ER Temporarily Closes Due To Lack Of Nurses

Jerry Barmash  |  Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 2:13 pm ET  |  4:02 pm ET

LONG BEACH, NY — The emergency department in Long Beach, operated by Mount Sinai South Nassau, is closing temporarily due to nursing staff shortages related to the state vaccine mandate, the hospital announced.

It will shutter as of 3 p.m. on Monday.

Patients in Long Beach in need of emergency care will be directed to the hospital's main campus in Oceanside.

An ambulance will be stationed around the clock at the Long Beach Emergency Department during the closure.

"We regret having to take this step but the safety of our patients is always our No. 1 priority," Adhi Sharma, President, said in a statement.  .  .

https://patch.com/new-york/longbeach/long-beach-er-temporarily-closes-due-lack-nurses
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline AARguy

Re: Long Island ER Temporarily Closes Due To Lack Of Nurses
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 05:48:48 am »
Come on down to Texas where we are free of the tyrannical left wing China Virus tyranny, aka as "mandates". C'mon DOWN! Have a life filled with freedom in work and play where your kids can actually go to school... you can eat out anywhere/anytime... you can shop and go to the beach!
C'mon down!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 03:57:06 pm »
Come on down to Texas where we are free of the tyrannical left wing China Virus tyranny, aka as "mandates". C'mon DOWN! Have a life filled with freedom in work and play where your kids can actually go to school... you can eat out anywhere/anytime... you can shop and go to the beach!
C'mon down!
Sorry, but I will NEVER go to Texas after the way Rick Perry swarmed our area like vultures trying to pick away everyone trying to make this place better.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 04:24:00 pm »
Those that lose their jobs for failing to comply with mandates are creating new job opportunities for those entering the effected professions.  There will be short-term pain, but it will cull the pain-in-the-ass union hardliners with seniority from the workforce.

Sounds like a win for management.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 04:38:14 pm »
There will be short-term pain

Such as people dying because they couldn't make it in time to another ER?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 04:55:05 pm »
Maybe.

The long-term benefit is that the pain-in-the-ass union hardliners are purging themselves from these organizations.  The organizations will be better off in the long run.

People who really wanted or needed to keep their jobs would get vaccinated.  Those who choose to not get vaccinated must not really want or need their jobs.

Every day, students and workers have to comply with vaccination mandates to obtain and keep their jobs.  What makes these malcontents so special?

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 05:02:24 pm »
Maybe.

The long-term benefit is that the pain-in-the-ass union hardliners are purging themselves from these organizations.  The organizations will be better off in the long run.

If PITA union hardliners are the problem, then why not simply allow non-union workers to be employed.  Seems a lot more effective than forcing people to take a totally unrelated experimental medical treatment (when they aren't even sick).

People who really wanted or needed to keep their jobs would get vaccinated.  Those who choose to not get vaccinated must not really want or need their jobs.

Seriously?  I heard this same type argument back when Obamacare was being forced down our throats.  When I objected to being taxed for simply breathing, I was told that I didn't have to breathe.

So what happens when the government comes to you and demands that you quarter troops in your house in order to keep your job?  If you say 'no', it must mean you really didn't want or need that job?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 06:18:28 pm »
The Bill of Rights protects us from tyrannical government, but not tyrannical employers.

It's no different than the Texas Taliban abortion ban - as long as its not the Government doing the enforcement, it's okay.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 06:20:40 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 12:43:38 am »
The Bill of Rights protects us from tyrannical government, but not tyrannical employers.

It is the "tyrannical government" of New York that is mandating jabs for health care workers to keep their jobs.

It's no different than the Texas Taliban abortion ban -

Actually, it is a lot different.  The Texas law was passed by the Texas State Legislature and signed by the Governor.  The New York mandates were never voted on by the legislature, but are edicts of the governor.

- as long as its not the Government doing the enforcement, it's okay.

In New York, Government IS the one doing the enforcing.  In Texas, people have the freedom to choose whether or not they will implement the law.  No one is forcing anyone to do anything, or taking away their ability to earn a living if they don't comply.