Author Topic: Bill to confer Congressional Gold Medal on troops killed in Kabul airport attack goes to Biden for  (Read 77 times)

rangerrebew

Bill to confer Congressional Gold Medal on troops killed in Kabul airport attack goes to Biden for signature

By Melissa Quinn

November 18, 2021 / 9:13 AM / CBS News

Washington — The Senate on Wednesday unanimously approved legislation posthumously awarding the Congressional Gold Medal to the 13 U.S. service members killed in the attack outside the main airport in Kabul this summer.

With the Senate's passage of the bill, the measure now heads to President Biden's desk for his signature. The House approved the bill last month.

The legislation praises the 13 service members for their "extreme bravery and valor against armed enemy combatants."

"The American servicemembers went above and beyond the call of duty to protect citizens of the United States and our allies to ensure they are brought to safety in an extremely dangerous situation as the Taliban regained control over Afghanistan," the bill reads.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/congressional-gold-medal-troops-killed-kabul-airport-attack-biden/

rangerrebew

This is pure virtue signalling by the democrat congress.  What about all the other people in the military who were killed, where is the medal for their families?  Were all the others killed not as dead so they don't deserve it too?  This actually is more of a slap in the face for all the others who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country. :im waiting:

Offline skeeter

The Congressional Gold Medal is the only award I'd happily throw over the White House fence.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I'd wait to the next GOP POTUS.

Allowing Brandon to convey these awards would be a slap in those family's faces.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.