Author Topic: With Recent Price Increase, Tyson Foods Successfully Passes Inflation Costs On To Consumers  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
With Recent Price Increase, Tyson Foods Successfully Passes Inflation Costs On To Consumers
By  Ben Zeisloft

Nov 16, 2021   DailyWire.com

Tyson Foods — the second-largest meat and poultry producer in the United States — is seeing improved margins by passing inflation costs on to consumers.

The Daily Wire reported in August that the company raised prices on beef, chicken, and pork to deal with “accelerating and unprecedented inflation” threatening all of its business units.

Tyson’s strategy has resulted in higher revenues. Following the company’s most recent earnings call, The Wall Street Journal summarized:

Rising prices helped lift Tyson’s revenue by 12% to $12.8 billion in the company’s fiscal fourth quarter, while earnings increased to $1.36 billion, more than doubling from the same quarter last year. The results topped analysts’ expectations. Tyson shares increased 2.7% in midday trading Monday.

Tyson’s profit margins also improved, the company said. Operating margins in Tyson’s beef business jumped to 22.9% in the most recent quarter, compared with 9.7% in the same quarter in 2019. Its pork business improved over that period to 4.7% and its prepared-foods operating margins increased to 36.5%, from 4.8% in 2019.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/with-recent-price-increase-tyson-foods-successfully-passes-inflation-costs-on-to-consumers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Despite what the nitwit Psaki thinks companies always pass on increases directly to their customers, either by direct price increase and very often by shrinking package sizes or smaller quantities in the same packaging. When was the last time anyone bought a half gallon of ice cream?

Offline EdinVA

Doesn't anyone take basic economics anymore  :facepalm2:

Offline roamer_1

Well, DUH.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline LMAO

Doesn't anyone take basic economics anymore  :facepalm2:

Policy decisions are being made currently by people who don’t believe that devaluing currency requires more of that currency to purchase goods and services, that cutting the supply of fossil fuels will bring up the price of oil, and that increasing costs and regulations on businesses don’t cause those businesses to pass on the cost to consumers

In summary, we are screwed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DefiantMassRINO

The last half gallon of ice cream I bought was 1.5 quart (48 oz).  Is this the new math from the CORE curriculum taught in schools today?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline EdinVA

The last half gallon of ice cream I bought was 1.5 quart (48 oz).  Is this the new math from the CORE curriculum taught in schools today?

We used to call it creative accounting

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I fully expect that ice cream packaging will continue it's downsizing trend 2 quarts became 1.75 and then 1.5 and by next year it'll be 1.25 quarts with the manufactures and stores touting that the price has stayed the same. And the ignorant(democrats) will all say but look ice cream still costs the same and smile at what smart shoppers they are, you know like Donna Brazile. And they shall all be known as Brazile nuts.