Author Topic: Conservatives Deserve Better Than The GOP  (Read 370 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Conservatives Deserve Better Than The GOP
« on: November 13, 2021, 05:21:03 pm »
Conservatives Deserve Better Than The GOP

Parker Beauregard
November 13, 2021

I have voted Republican my entire life. What other choice have I had? In the last few elections, Democrats have trotted out John Kerry, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden. You might as well vote for Trotsky.

Sadly, what has my lesser-of-two evils approach gained? Except for Trump, who they openly hated, Establishment Republicans have returned the favor by running deep state neocons dating back to Herbert Walker. Dole? McCain? Romney? What the actual hell?...

Excerpt; rest at above link.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Re: Conservatives Deserve Better Than The GOP
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 05:29:52 pm »
I keep waiting for someone to name a viable alternative superior to Trump. DeSantis, perhaps.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 05:34:34 pm »
I keep waiting for someone to name a viable alternative superior to Trump. DeSantis, perhaps.

I don't think this is just about who we run for president @skeeter at least I didn't read it that way. More about the GOP in toto.  You know, the turn coat bastards in the house and senate who invariably enable the democrats.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 05:40:39 pm »
I don't think this is just about who we run for president @skeeter at least I didn't read it that way. More about the GOP in toto.  You know, the turn coat bastards in the house and senate who invariably enable the democrats.
no but the president leads the party. The jist of the article is indicative of the long in coming realization by many that the gop is merely the default alternative to the batshit crazy leftists and that is just no longer satisfactory.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 05:59:29 pm »
no but the president leads the party. The jist of the article is indicative of the long in coming realization by many that the gop is merely the default alternative to the batshit crazy leftists and that is just no longer satisfactory.

We have recent hard evidence that the president leads the party ONLY when he continues to toe the Chamber of Commerce/ K Street line.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 06:12:41 pm »
We have recent hard evidence that the president leads the party ONLY when he continues to toe the Chamber of Commerce/ K Street line.
What we don't yet know is what can result in a relatively free country when enough people realize that.

Maybe nothing. But maybe not.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 06:13:47 pm by skeeter »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 06:20:46 pm »
The first obstacle to overcome is the 50% of the population that receives some sort of federal money, they will always vote for big government.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 06:32:22 pm »
It has been pointed out repeatedly that the Republican party knows they own the conservative vote because the alternative party is worse and they have nowhere to go. And as long as Republicans continue to reward the party for being only slightly less evil than the alternative nothing will change. The ONLY way to make the party change is by forcing them to by withholding your vote and resources until they actually provide a path to smaller government and fiscal restraint.

Every election fear takes over about the how bad the other party is and no matter what they have to be stopped at the expense of the lesser evil.

And quit demanding that withholding your vote is voting for a Democrat. It isn't. Currently both parties are evil and voting for it only gets you more of it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 06:53:59 pm »
You sound like Ms. Ocasio-Cortez and her "if you don't like the Green New Deal, come up with your own plan that does exactly what mine does!"

No. You want an alternative? Fine. I'll run. But if I don't get support, it's all your fault for not supporting the guy we need. Or maybe you do want corrupt, lying billionaire charlatans.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 07:06:11 pm »
I think just as much of our problem is who we put up as leaders in senate and house.  These are the ones who put the rubber on the road legislatively.

Look at this list of turds for the past 20 years...

House
------------

McCarthy
Ryan
Boehner
Hastert

Senate
-----------
McConnell
Frist

I really have trouble believing this is the best we can do.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 07:19:52 pm »
I think just as much of our problem is who we put up as leaders in senate and house.  These are the ones who put the rubber on the road legislatively.

House
------------

McCarthy
Ryan
Boehner
Hastert

Senate
-----------
McConnell
Frist

Amen!!  I believe Trump would have been much more successful without Ryan and McConnell.  Ryan handed the DEMS the House and McConnell is a RINO as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 08:03:55 pm »
You sound like Ms. Ocasio-Cortez and her "if you don't like the Green New Deal, come up with your own plan that does exactly what mine does!"

No. You want an alternative? Fine. I'll run. But if I don't get support, it's all your fault for not supporting the guy we need. Or maybe you do want corrupt, lying billionaire charlatans.
One thing is certain, I ain’t gonna vote for you. Cause you make NO sense.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 08:04:56 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 09:15:20 pm »
Let's face it:  America deserves better than the GOP..  At the congressional level the leadership is stale, self-absorbed, lazy, cowardly ​and completely out of touch with its membership.

We've got a shot next year to make inroads in both chambers  ---- and the further the inroads, the greater our influence on who's filling those top leadership positions ---- especially in the Speaker position.

I encourage folks to listen to candidates with the Trump endorsement.  The media will tag them "MAGA" but behind the label are conservative ideas and proposals .... with MAGA guts.

The name that jumps out front for me for Speaker is Jim Jordan.  I'd include Scalise in the 2023 top tier, but as Whip he's fallen in my estimation after the disasterous infrastructure vote.  In the Senate top leadership spot I like Rand Paul.  He's principled, not afraid of a fight and comes across surprisingly personable for a Senator (yes, it matters).

We are not powerless.  If we pay attention and mobilize locally for our preferred candidates we just might be formidable.    happy77

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 03:41:25 am »
The Rinos enable the Dems in order to enable themselves with wealth and power.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2021, 03:44:17 am »

House
------------

McCarthy
Ryan
Boehner
Hastert

Senate
-----------
McConnell
Frist

Add Cornyn to the list as he succeeds the octogenarian McConnell soon.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 06:34:18 pm »

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 06:35:41 pm »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2021, 09:36:09 pm »

:yowsa:   :beer: You've got my vote.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 10:40:00 pm »
So do the state GOP's, many of whom are kicking a** and taking names while the Nat'l keeps the inept status quo.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 11:30:13 pm »
Needed:
The "American Restoration" Party...

Offline Absalom

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 11:51:22 pm »
Suggestion for the bewildered.
Open Oxford to Letter P, write down the meaning
of Politics, then Principle and contrast them.
You'll have the answer to our demise!!!