Author Topic: Jayapal: We Don’t ‘Have to Reduce’ Gas Prices, We Can Lower Other Costs with Spending Bill  (Read 194 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jayapal: We Don’t ‘Have to Reduce’ Gas Prices, We Can Lower Other Costs with Spending Bill

Ian Hanchett 11 Nov 2021

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “MTP Daily,” Congressional Progressive Caucus Chair Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) responded to a question on what the administration or Congress should do on gas prices by stating that “It isn’t really that you have to reduce the gas price, what you have to do is reduce the costs for families” and that reducing cost “doesn’t have to be through lowering gas prices. That’s what I’m saying with Build Back Better. If we lower costs, that’s what a family is looking at.”

Jayapal said that her constituents “are not talking about inflation, by the way. They’re talking about, hey, I don’t have enough money in my budget to pay for the things I need to pay for. And the reason I say it that way is because it’s really important to understand that if you’re on a fixed budget, as many people are, as I have been in my life, then what you’re always trying to do is balance what you have to spend with what you have in that budget. The way that we can fix that immediately while the supply chain issues are being worked out, while the economy recovers from COVID and the worst economic downturn we’ve seen in recent history is we can actually help families cut their costs. How do we do that? We pass the Build Back Better Act.”

She continued that provisions in the bill “are the things that are going to immediately affect people’s pocketbooks, and that is why it is so important to pass the Build Back Better Act, which, I think, is actually going to help people survive through this time of recovery. Let’s be clear, it is going to take time to recover. We knew that. We have made tremendous progress on COVID. But my families are telling me, look, I still don’t have child care. My kids are just starting to get vaccinated and go back to school. That’s the uncertainty that families are living with, and we have to respond by cutting their costs, which is exactly what we do in Build Back Better.”

Later, host Chuck Todd asked, “Is there anything you think the administration or you in Congress should attempt to do to alleviate the gas price pain temporarily?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/11/jayapal-we-dont-have-to-reduce-gas-prices-we-can-lower-other-costs-with-spending-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article….

Jayapal said that her constituents “are not talking about inflation, by the way. They’re talking about, hey, I don’t have enough money in my budget to pay for the things I need to pay for.

Um…they’re talking about inflation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I love when the Marxists talk about economics. They are like petulant, spoiled, bratty children who think they can spin and command their narcissitic little wills into reality with their word circles of BS.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

She's as intelligent as she is lovely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"She's as intelligent as she is lovely."

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wow, She really is an idiot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

She's as intelligent as she is lovely.

Bless her heart.  :laugh: