Author Topic: Biodiversity does NOT shrink with climate change or CO2  (Read 115 times)

rangerrebew

Biodiversity does NOT shrink with climate change or CO2
« on: November 09, 2021, 03:24:28 pm »

Biodiversity does NOT shrink with climate change or CO2
By Dr. Jay Lehr |November 7th, 2021|Climate|150 Comments

How will the ongoing rise in the air’s CO2 content affect the biodiversity of Earth’s many ecosystems? The answer after evaluating dozens of studies cited in Climate Change Revisited II: Fossil Fuels, edited by Joe and Diane Bast, is a resounding “Not At All”.

The research clearly stated in the aforementioned book and articles contained therein shows with that increasing quantities of carbon dioxide in our planet’s atmosphere, has been in the past, and will be in the future, beneficial to biodiversity. More CO2 expands the ranges of nearly all our life forms and increases their security. The record shows few cases of a negative effect on biodiversity brought on by climate warming, even when temperature increases were far greater than those predicted without substantiation by alarmists.

Jaramillo et.al. (2010) studied an abrupt change in Earth temperature 56 million years ago in the Paleocene/Eocene where over a 5 degree centigrade temperature increase was experienced in less than 20,000 years. It was thought by many that our tropical ecosystems would have suffered considerably with such a change in heat but their analysis proved that not to be the case. How do they know this? Jaramillo and colleagues analyzed pollen and spore counts and stable carbon isotope composition in sites in Columbia and Venezuela. That may seem complicated to the average reader but it is basic and accurate science for paleoclimatologists.

https://www.cfact.org/2021/11/07/biodiversity-does-not-shrink-with-climate-change-or-co2/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biodiversity does NOT shrink with climate change or CO2
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 03:54:46 pm »

If anything, Climate Change will force animals and plants to evolve to adapt to new climates for survival.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.