Author Topic: Joe Biden Delays Signing Infrastructure Bill so Republicans Can Join Ceremony  (Read 228 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Delays Signing Infrastructure Bill so Republicans Can Join Ceremony

Charlie Spiering 8 Nov 2021

President Joe Biden still has not signed his $1.2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill, citing his desire to wait until Republicans can join him for the signing ceremony.

The more than 1,200-page bill was passed in the House Friday night.

The president told reporters Friday night he would sign the bill “soon” but said he wanted to time it right so more members of Congress could join him for the signing ceremony.

“I’m not doing it this weekend because I want people who worked so hard to get this done — Democrats and Republicans — to be here when we sign it,” he said.

After the bill passed, Biden left the White House for a weekend at his vacation home at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware:

The president will return to the White House on Monday, but his schedule does not include a signing ceremony for the bill. The only public event for Biden on Monday will be welcoming the Milwaukee Bucks at the White House to honor them for their 2021 NBA championship.

It is unclear which Republicans will join Biden at the White House to celebrate the bill.

Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Rob Portman (R-OH), Mitt Romney (R-UT), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Bill Cassidy (R-LA) were actively involved in negotiating the bill with Senate Democrats, giving Biden a major bipartisan victory.

Ultimately, 19 Republican senators were criticized for the infrastructure bill in the Senate, and 13 Republican representatives supported it in the House.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/08/joe-biden-delays-signing-infrastructure-bill-republicans-can-join-him-ceremony/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Perp walk them up for the signing so we have a picture of these traitors.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Perp walk them up for the signing so we have a picture of these traitors.
McConnell and McCarthy should have the b*lls to take a public bow for this monstrosity of a slush fund, because they helped pass it.

Offline LMAO

This is not being done so those Republicans can join in the celebration but to be able to have a part in the blame down the road

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

This is not being done so those Republicans can join in the celebration but to be able to have a part in the blame down the road
Biden is doing this to further demoralize the GOP base.

Offline Killer Clouds

Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Rob Portman (R-OH), Mitt Romney (R-UT), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Bill Cassidy (R-LA) were actively involved in negotiating the bill with Senate Democrats, giving Biden a major bipartisan victory.
Those are DCP disciples. They are NOT republicans.

Offline Hoodat

McConnell and McCarthy should have the b*lls to take a public bow for this monstrosity of a slush fund, because they helped pass it.

Yep.  And don't forget the 89,000 new IRS agents, $450k cash payouts for illegals, and new natural gas taxes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

And then there's this:

Article I, Sec 7

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

And then there's this:

Article I, Sec 7

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives

That was one of the arguments for Obummer care. The corrupt SCOTUS didn't want to hear it then and won't hear it now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:51:50 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden is doing this to further demoralize the GOP base.

Yes, and with a double dose of gloating @skeeter

After all, Mitch McConnell gave the democrats the gift of time to work out their differences.