Author Topic: Derek Hunter: Beware Grifters Bearing Purity Demands  (Read 71 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: Beware Grifters Bearing Purity Demands
« on: November 07, 2021, 02:08:31 pm »
Beware Grifters Bearing Purity Demands
Derek Hunter

Posted: Nov 07, 2021 12:01 AM

Maybe this happens on the left – I don’t know because I don’t follow their insane inner workings, focusing instead on their crazy end results – but there are an inordinate number of people on the right who insist they are the only true conservatives in the world and everyone else is impure. If there are corresponding progressives engaging in some kind of kabuki theater about what is really progressive or who isn’t progressive enough, they’ve managed to keep it quiet. But, for some reason, the right it lousy with people insisting their way is the only way, their thoughts are the only thoughts, and they’re generally coupled with wild insecurity and incredibly thin skin.

There are plenty of examples, and you can read any name you want into this and probably be right, but for purposes of this column, I’ll use Bill Kristol. He doesn’t have a TV show, a radio show, or even a column anywhere regularly (though he does have a podcast, which is now like the old joke about opinions and certain body parts – every one of those certain body parts has one), but he was a Fox News contributor for years. That’s why anyone knows who he is.

The Weekly Standard, which Kristol founded, had its day, but its relevance ended soon after calendars flipped years from 19s to 20s, even though the magazine limped along for many more years. Fox made Bill, not his stint working for Vice President Dan Quayle, because who cares about that?

While Fox made Bill, it also aided in making him what he is now. By all accounts, and I know quite a few people who either know or knew him back then, he was a decent guy. Think what you will of his politics, and I don’t think much now, but being a decent person in politics is exceedingly rare these days. He’s not anymore.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/11/07/beware-grifters-bearing-purity-demands-n2598689
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Derek Hunter: Beware Grifters Bearing Purity Demands
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 11:28:04 pm »
Mr. Hunter:
"Maybe this happens on the left – I don’t know because I don’t follow their insane inner workings, focusing instead on their crazy end results – but there are an inordinate number of people on the right who insist they are the only true conservatives in the world and everyone else is impure."

That statement certainly applies to at least one member here, perhaps more.

The ones best kept on "ignore"...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Derek Hunter: Beware Grifters Bearing Purity Demands
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 11:32:59 pm »
There are ridiculously few true conservatives in this country, far too few to actually get enough conservative things done to fix the problems that our world's leftward lurch have caused. It would also require a lot of not-at-all-conservative tactics to break down the inevitable institutional resistance preventing such reforms from happening.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024