Author Topic: In Discussing Massive Infrastructure Bill, Pete Buttigieg Shows Off How Little He Knows  (Read 120 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 In Discussing Massive Infrastructure Bill, Pete Buttigieg Shows Off How Little He Knows

The Transportation Secretary repeats the administration’s denial of the true causes of inflation and port congestion.

By Dominick Sansone
November 4, 2021

As the United States careens off the economic tracks towards stagflation, the Biden administration and Democrats in Congress continue to posit that their proposed massive spending bill will counterintuitively decrease rates of inflation.

This was the argument recently articulated by Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg during his conversation with Chris Wallace on the most recent “Fox News Sunday.”

After Buttigieg praised the “historic” plan’s focus on providing “action on climate before its too late” and massive increased spending on “finally [getting] preschool for every child in this country” and “making childcare affordable for every family,” Wallace pressed Buttigieg on “the issues Americans care about the most,” including inflation.

Gas prices have jumped from an average of $2.14 a year ago to $3.41 today. The price of natural gas, essential to heating U.S. homes, has doubled since June to more than $6. Coal will subsequently generate nearly a quarter of U.S. electricity this year. Use of the much dirtier, higher carbon-emitting fuel has already grown by 22 percent in 2021. This latter issue was not brought up when Buttigieg referenced the “transformational” bill’s focus on climate challenges.

To Wallace’s statement that consumer prices have risen at their highest rate in 30 years, Buttigieg’s answer was simple: the economic package’s massive spending hike will actually provide the tools for fighting future inflation.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/04/in-discussing-massive-infrastructure-bill-pete-buttigieg-shows-off-how-little-he-knows/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When he was mayor of Bendover he couldn't fix the potholes.  So this is no surprise that the guy is in over his head. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

From the article……

To Wallace’s statement that consumer prices have risen at their highest rate in 30 years, Buttigieg’s answer was simple: the economic package’s massive spending hike will actually provide the tools for fighting future inflation.

When those in power say something that is so blatantly untrue and stupid, I wonder if they really believe it themselves are they hoping to convince  the rest of us

Nobody buys this. And Biden supporters don’t care if it triggers more inflation so who is he trying to convince?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

He's no more competent at his job than his chief executive. It's an entire administration of incompetents.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

C'mon, he doesn't have a clue. He was only chosen because he's a homo who ran for president and supported Biden. Everybody knows that including most Dems I would wager. He's a perfect example of identity politics. But virtually everybody in the Biden cabinet is incompetent except for maybe Yellen.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"In Discussing Massive Infrastructure Bill, Pete Buttigieg Shows Off How Little He Knows"

No one -- in The Party or elsewhere -- expects Buttplug to "know anything".
He was put into the position he occupies for entirely different reasons.