Author Topic: The Red Wave, and the Democratic Suicide Strategy... Ben Shapiro  (Read 238 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Red Wave, and the Democratic Suicide Strategy... Ben Shapiro
« on: November 04, 2021, 03:10:06 pm »
The Red Wave, and the Democratic Suicide Strategy
Ben Shapiro

Posted: Nov 04, 2021 12:01 AM

This week, reality struck back against Democratic electoral utopianism. Since 2012, Democrats have been convinced that a new, durable, near-unbeatable political coalition was in the making: a coalition largely comprised of college-educated white voters, women, younger Americans and racial minorities. This coalition would overtake the demographically shrinking "old, white majority" and win victory after victory. As Ruy Teixeira and John Halpin wrote for the Center for American Progress in the aftermath of Obama's reelection, "Obama's strong progressive majority -- built on a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, cross-class coalition in support of an activist ... is real and growing and it reflects the face and beliefs of the United States in the early part of the 21st Century." CAP called this new strategy "the culmination of a decades-long project to build an electorally viable and ideologically coherent progressive coalition in national politics."

Ever since 2012, Democrats have been chasing that chimera. Instead of seeing Obama's 2012 victory as a testament to Obama's unique political skill, they have doubled down on the CAP strategy: more progressivism, more race-based politics. When that strategy failed in 2016, they chalked it up to Russian election interference and Facebook propaganda. When President Joe Biden won election in 2020, they announced that their strategy had been vindicated -- even though the election was rather obviously a referendum on former President Donald Trump personally, not proof of their strategic brilliance.
CARTOONS | Gary Varvel
View Cartoon

And so, Democrats misread the tea leaves. Biden was elected to do two things: be Not Trump and restore a sense of moderation and stability to the White House. He has succeeded in the first, mainly because nobody is Trump. He has utterly failed in the second. That's because Biden rejected the central premise of his own candidacy, calling for more social spending than any president in history, abandoning Afghanistan to the Taliban for no apparent geostrategic reason, embracing the radical language of anti-racist activists, cramming down the restrictive COVID-19 policies via the administrative state and characterizing his opponents as bigots and Jan. 6-adjacent domestic terrorists. Biden Mini-Me's like Terry McAuliffe in Virginia have imitated the strategy.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2021/11/04/the-red-wave-and-the-democratic-suicide-strategy-n2598543
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: The Red Wave, and the Democratic Suicide Strategy... Ben Shapiro
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 04:59:25 pm »
When President Joe Biden won election in 2020, they announced that their strategy had been vindicated -- even though the election was rather obviously a referendum on former President Donald Trump personally, not proof of their strategic brilliance.

Their 2020 election 'victory' was based solely on fraud.  They didn't even try to make it a referendum on anything because Biden didn't bother to campaign.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 05:57:15 pm »
Their 2020 election 'victory' was based solely on fraud.  They didn't even try to make it a referendum on anything because Biden didn't bother to campaign.

The 2020 "strategy" was to keep Brandon in the basement, mixing up the medicine. Now we're all on the pavement worrying about the government.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 06:03:06 pm »
The 2020 "strategy" was to keep Brandon in the basement, mixing up the medicine. Now we're all on the pavement worrying about the government.

It worked

But Brandon can’t hide in the basement in 2024 if things continue as they are

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 06:06:58 pm »

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 06:08:59 pm »
I think I’m the last one on this site to find out why he’s called Brandon
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 10:02:07 pm »
I think I’m the last one on this site to find out why he’s called Brandon
Short answer: a crowd at a NASCAR race broke out into a chant of "bleep Joe Biden" after the race was finished, the NBC crew picked up the audio, and the pit reporter tried to brush it off as them saying "let's go Brandon" (I think the winner of the race was named Brandon but I don't remember). Then it got picked up as a meme.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 10:42:22 pm »
Short answer: a crowd at a NASCAR race broke out into a chant of "bleep Joe Biden" after the race was finished, the NBC crew picked up the audio, and the pit reporter tried to brush it off as them saying "let's go Brandon" (I think the winner of the race was named Brandon but I don't remember). Then it got picked up as a meme.

That’s actually kind of funny

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 11:31:52 pm »
I have a very deep feeling in my gut that we may be seeing the beginning of a second Reagan Revolution

Is there anything that indicates that things are gonna get better in the next two or four years? Is there any indication that the Democrat Party will start to become more centrist?

Biden is doubling down on his vaccine mandate and the squad that controls the Democratic Party thinks they didn’t call Americans racist enough

Barry Goldwater

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2021, 12:08:50 am »
I have a very deep feeling in my gut that we may be seeing the beginning of a second Reagan Revolution

Perhaps, but (in part) that depends on who is chosen by the GOP to carry the mantle toward the goal of rejecting our national decent into Brandonia.

Comparatively speaking, the difference in opposition between Jimmy Carter and Joe Biden is that Jimmy was still relatively young, actually served in the military, had a real job, and had obtained executive experience before he got in over his head as President, whereas Joe Biden is old even beyond his years, never served, never had a real job, lacked any prior executive experience, and has always been in over his head. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2021, 01:10:22 am »
Perhaps, but (in part) that depends on who is chosen by the GOP to carry the mantle toward the goal of rejecting our national decent into Brandonia.

Comparatively speaking, the difference in opposition between Jimmy Carter and Joe Biden is that Jimmy was still relatively young, actually served in the military, had a real job, and had obtained executive experience before he got in over his head as President, whereas Joe Biden is old even beyond his years, never served, never had a real job, lacked any prior executive experience, and has always been in over his head.
The difference in our bench is that Carter defeated Gerald Ford, who wasn't so much hated as much as he was a symbol of the Nixon scandals. The GOP stayed the course with Ford instead of going with Reagan, learned from that lesson in 1980, and Reagan won.

Biden defeated Donald Trump, who, let's face it, was hated. You can talk about vote fraud all you want, but it was his public health officials who whipped up the panic that led the Democrats to push for the measures that defeated him. Yet there remains a huge component of the electorate that is wedded, ride or die, to Trump. You didn't have that with Ford.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2021, 03:30:48 am »
The difference in our bench is that Carter defeated Gerald Ford, who wasn't so much hated as much as he was a symbol of the Nixon scandals. The GOP stayed the course with Ford instead of going with Reagan, learned from that lesson in 1980, and Reagan won.

Biden defeated Donald Trump, who, let's face it, was hated. You can talk about vote fraud all you want, but it was his public health officials who whipped up the panic that led the Democrats to push for the measures that defeated him. Yet there remains a huge component of the electorate that is wedded, ride or die, to Trump. You didn't have that with Ford.

Carter ran on change. After Vietnam, Nixon, and Watergate, it was inviting to people

And I agree with what you posted. Ford was the face of all that. I think that if Reagan was nominated in 1976 he would’ve lost

How things have changed. Ford carried California and I believe Jimmy Carter carried Texas
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 03:31:42 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater