Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday  (Read 22572 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday
« Reply #951 on: November 19, 2021, 12:08:12 am »
When I lived up north, opening day was a legal absence day, for anyone that went hunting. If you did not get a deer opening day, the administration would turn a blind eye to up to 3 more days. This was a poor rural community and a deer or two in the freezer went a long way to preventing a skinny Christmas.

It's that way in the 'Boro, but we only got one day.  I think Augusta Co. schools may have gotten more.  The principal at our Jr. High (now a middle school) was a bigtime duck hunter, and even he would take an excused day off to go hunting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #952 on: November 19, 2021, 01:17:04 am »

https://mobile.twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1461387301356032009

Have people always been this EVIL?  I keep getting shocked at people's behaviors.  I.e. Joy Reid. Accomplished liar. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #955 on: November 19, 2021, 01:52:53 am »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1461508268874944512

That's a shame.  However, it will, ultimately, force the judge to rule on the motions for a mistrial.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #956 on: November 19, 2021, 02:03:10 am »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
2m
MSNBC's position is seriously that they weren't intimidating the jurors, they were just stalking them. For now.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #957 on: November 19, 2021, 02:09:57 am »
Has Jury Foreperson Gone Rogue And Holding Back Acquittal?

Legal Insurrection  by Andrew Branca Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 08:03pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/rittenhouse-verdict-watch-has-jury-foreperson-gone-rogue-and-holding-back-acquittal/

Judge allowing the jury to take home instructions raises concerns they’ll play the “dictionary game”

Today completed the third day of jury deliberations in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, with no verdict being achieved before the jury was sent home for the day.

There wasn’t much real action today, with the exception of a couple of notable events, and my own increasing belief that we’re dealing with a single hold-out juror for guilt, and that this juror is #54, the foreperson.

When the jury was brought into the courtroom for purposes of dismissal, shortly after 4:00 p.m. Wisconsin time, Judge Schroeder imprudently asked if any of them had any questions for him.  One did.  A woman juror asked if she could be permitted to take home a copy of the 36 or so pages of jury instructions.

The judge looked over at the parties, and although the State appeared to make no particular signal, defense Attorney Marc Richards shook his head slightly but observably in the negative.

Despite this, Judge Schroeder announced that he would agree to the request and that the same option would be extended to all the jurors.  Whether only the one juror who made the request ultimately took home the instructions, or whether multiple or even all jurors did so, is unknown.

Frankly, it’s rather remarkable that any juror who had already been struggling with the instructions for more than 7 hours today alone, as well as the two prior days, would be interested in continuing to work with that at home in the evenings.

----

My Suspicion: Juror #54, Foreperson, Is the Holdout Against Acquittal

I have a growing suspicion that this jury has not yet arrived at a unanimous verdict of acquittal only because of the resistance of juror #54, a woman who also happens to be the foreperson, who seems to be the hold-out against acquittal.

The jury selection risk to Kyle was always going to be that a “mask Karen” type, usually of leftist political persuasion, bossy, entitled, and status-sensitive, would be seated on the jury.  Such a person would be most unlikely to ever vote for acquittal—her social group would necessarily know she had done so, given the unanimous nature of an acquittal.

In addition, this type of person is likely to seize the leadership position of foreperson on a jury, to suit their bossy and entitled nature.  Such a person also tends to be outspoken and forward in circumstances where other people would defer to apparently higher authority.

There has been one apparently female juror who on several occasions can be overheard being unusually familiar with Judge Schroeder—not in the sense of knowing him personally, but in the sense of engaging in a relaxed discussion that one does not usually find between a juror and a trial judge.

Then we have the jury note from yesterday asking for access to the Exhibit #5 drone video footage and related evidence.  It was written by juror #54, the jury foreperson, and an apparent woman:

The tone of that note suggests to me that the person who wrote it is accustomed to giving orders to underlings—personal assistants, staff, household help—and here the note is being addressed in this tone to the trial judge as if the judge were a staffer to the jury foreperson.

Then this evening we had the very unusual request to be permitted to take the jury instructions home, made by a single juror—a female juror.

I suspect that all of this conduct is that of juror #54, the female foreperson of this jury—who I suspect is precisely the kind of “mask Karen,” left-leaning, bossy, entitled, and status-sensitive juror that would be most likely to hold out against acquittal.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #958 on: November 19, 2021, 02:14:38 am »
I suspect that all of this conduct is that of juror #54, the female foreperson of this jury—who I suspect is precisely the kind of “mask Karen,” left-leaning, bossy, entitled, and status-sensitive juror that would be most likely to hold out against acquittal.

Interesting...I think it is a woman that is the hold-out here too....a *Karen*...probably.
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #959 on: November 19, 2021, 02:23:17 am »
Interesting...I think it is a woman that is the hold-out here too....a *Karen*...probably.

To be honest, I really think the rules on acquittal and conviction should be modified.  There should be no such thing as a hung jury in a criminal trial.  There should only be two options:  conviction, based on a unanimous vote of the jurors, or acquittal if a conviction cannot be obtained.  The fact that not all jurors will vote for conviction should mean that the prosecution clearly did not meet its obligation to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Anything else simply incentivizes prosecutors to use the first trial as a test-bed, to try out various theories and hobby-horses, secure in the knowledge that they can get a mulligan and get a second trial even if they can't get a conviction, so long as at least one juror is willing to vote for conviction instead of acquittal.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #960 on: November 19, 2021, 02:29:45 am »
I agree, @Kamaji
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #961 on: November 19, 2021, 03:48:01 am »
OMG Why does he think that?.....yikes!

Based on another tweet/article I read earlier, it was just his gut feeling from how they looked when they came in to be dismissed at the end of the day. They didn't he had anything more concrete to go on other than that ... but who knows.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #962 on: November 19, 2021, 03:50:41 am »
To be honest, I really think the rules on acquittal and conviction should be modified.  There should be no such thing as a hung jury in a criminal trial.  There should only be two options:  conviction, based on a unanimous vote of the jurors, or acquittal if a conviction cannot be obtained.  The fact that not all jurors will vote for conviction should mean that the prosecution clearly did not meet its obligation to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Anything else simply incentivizes prosecutors to use the first trial as a test-bed, to try out various theories and hobby-horses, secure in the knowledge that they can get a mulligan and get a second trial even if they can't get a conviction, so long as at least one juror is willing to vote for conviction instead of acquittal.

That would certainly add weight to the presumption of innocence.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline skeeter

« Reply #963 on: November 19, 2021, 04:18:04 am »
That's a shame.  However, it will, ultimately, force the judge to rule on the motions for a mistrial.
Add trial by jury of ones peers to the growing list of institution destroyed by the left.

They’re batting a thousand.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #964 on: November 19, 2021, 05:00:03 am »
OMG Why does he think that?.....yikes!

It's really not a "yikes".  Whether it's 11-1 or 6-6; it's a hung jury.  And we'll get to know the  judge's verdict on a mistrial with prejudice.

@mystery-ak

Offline verga

« Reply #966 on: November 19, 2021, 01:06:09 pm »
@verga @Hoodat

I have mentioned before that when I was going to high school,I would go duck hunting before school began,and then walk into the school carrying my 12 gauge double barrel shotgun and lock it away in my hall locker until school had ended.

AFAIK,nobody even paid any attention to either me or the shotgun.

Granted,it was a rural school where pretty much every kid in the counter knew every other kid in the county,as well as their mothers and fathers.

Just accepting responsibility without even thinking about it was normal for rural kids. They also piloted boats and operated heavy machinery. It was just a  part of normal life for them.

City kids might have gotten away with pointing toy guns at other kids and shouting "bang,bang,you're dead!",but that's because they didn't have real guns. Rural kids had real guns,and lived in fear of somebody telling their mother they had been pointing them at someone. They knew not only would their gun be taken away,but they also knew their mama's would just fry their asses at random times with no warning if they caught them playing games with their guns.

BTW,I got that 12 gauge from my father by winning a bet on who would be elected President,Eisenhower,or some Dim loser. I picked Ike,and got a 12 gauge out of it.
@sneakypete  :thumbsup: Pretty much the same at the school I worked at. The only difference was the kids kept the shot guns locked in the rifle rack, in a locked truck in the parking lot.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #967 on: November 19, 2021, 02:02:51 pm »
Running towards the police may have been a bad idea.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #968 on: November 19, 2021, 02:16:32 pm »
@sneakypete  :thumbsup: Pretty much the same at the school I worked at. The only difference was the kids kept the shot guns locked in the rifle rack, in a locked truck in the parking lot.

In high school, many of us boys would go ruffed grouse hunting after school. The principal didn’t care if we had the guns in our cars while parked on the school parking lot. His only rule was he didn’t want to see people waving guns out during school hours in the parking lot. As long as they were locked in your vehicle, there was no problem

I think the schools today are more “feminine” from when I was in high school.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #969 on: November 19, 2021, 02:17:21 pm »
Jurors’ Verdict Count Overheard; May Be Closer Than Expected According To Newsmax
Martin Walsh November 19, 2021

The trial of Kyle Rittenhouse has taken another concerning turn.

A new report from Newsmax alleges that the jurors’ verdict count is a lot closer than many might have thought.

Newsmax reported that sources said the current verdict count is split — 6 to 6.

The Newsmax reporter said he overheard Mark Richards, one of the attorneys for Rittenhouse, say that he believes the jury is at a “6-6 split.”

WATCH:

https://rumble.com/embed/vmu7nb/?pub=4

more
https://conservativebrief.com/count-54822/
Support the USO

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #970 on: November 19, 2021, 02:50:22 pm »
6-6 is Close?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #971 on: November 19, 2021, 03:09:52 pm »
Suburban Black Man Flag of United States
@goodblackdude
·
9m
BREAKING: Day 4 of deliberations in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial are officially underway in Kenosha.
Support the USO

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #972 on: November 19, 2021, 03:12:01 pm »
No Live Videos Yet. I read that they are starting @ 9:30 Today.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 03:16:14 pm by Elderberry »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #973 on: November 19, 2021, 03:19:46 pm »
Subornation of Perjury? Photographic Evidence Emerges Online Contradicting Rittenhouse Prosecutors’ Witnesses

https://amgreatness.com/2021/11/18/subornation-of-perjury-photographic-evidence-emerges-online-contradicting-rittenhouse-prosecutors-witnesses/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #974 on: November 19, 2021, 03:20:43 pm »
6-6 is Close?

I don't think anyone knows..it's just a guessing game filled with dis-information...
Support the USO