Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday  (Read 22334 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday
« Reply #925 on: November 18, 2021, 10:05:30 pm »
Jack Posobiec Flag of United States
@JackPosobiec
·
5m
Hearing jury is done deliberations for the day, per courtroom member
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #926 on: November 18, 2021, 10:08:29 pm »
@JackPosobiec
·
5m
Must be aiming for a Friday PM verdict. A great idea.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #927 on: November 18, 2021, 10:09:05 pm »
@JackPosobiec
·
5m

This damn jury should have been sequestered from day one.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #928 on: November 18, 2021, 10:18:31 pm »
@JackPosobiec
·
5m

One of the jurors asked to take their jury instructions home with them tonight, and the judge allowed it.

The Rekieta panel is almost certain there's a rogue juror (at least one) hell-bent on conviction, who is refusing to give in.
Let it burn.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #929 on: November 18, 2021, 10:18:46 pm »
If I was on the Rittenhouse defense team, I'd consider asking the judge to dismiss the jury and issue a bench/directed verdict on his own.

Although it's possible for a defendant to choose a "bench trial" (trial conducted by a judge without a jury, who hears the case and then issues a verdict), I DON'T know if a defendant can request "a switch" [to one] in the middle of the trial, or while the jury is deliberating.

I sense that the judge would either acquit Rittenhouse or else issue a "mistrial with prejudice" based on the prosecution's misbehavior.

Again, don't know if such a switch can be done once a jury trial has commenced.
Of course, the judge could declare a mistrial in any case...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #930 on: November 18, 2021, 10:20:53 pm »
This damn jury should have been sequestered from day one.

Exactly! 

Just glad it's a week before Thanksgiving and not a week before Easter.  (weather)

Can imagine it's no fun rioting and looting in below freezing temperatures.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #931 on: November 18, 2021, 10:31:29 pm »

« Reply #932 on: November 18, 2021, 10:35:28 pm »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 10:36:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #934 on: November 18, 2021, 10:49:44 pm »
Must be aiming for a Friday PM verdict. A great idea.

Along with a big announcement earlier that afternoon that the verdict will be announced just before it starts getting dark.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #935 on: November 18, 2021, 10:50:33 pm »
One of the jurors asked to take their jury instructions home with them tonight, and the judge allowed it.

The Rekieta panel is almost certain there's a rogue juror (at least one) hell-bent on conviction, who is refusing to give in.

In which case the result will be a hung jury, and the judge will have to rule on the mistrial motions.

« Reply #936 on: November 18, 2021, 10:59:48 pm »
Sorry I had to laugh... :silly:

Don't apologize, I did too.   

@mystery-ak

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:00:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #937 on: November 18, 2021, 11:02:16 pm »
In which case the result will be a hung jury, and the judge will have to rule on the mistrial motions.

Which is what he should have done on day one! He has already provided the media much more of a circus than was necessary if you ask me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #938 on: November 18, 2021, 11:02:19 pm »
Along with a big announcement earlier that afternoon that the verdict will be announced just before it starts getting dark.

And all businesses will close at noon and the police departments will close at 4:00 pm.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #939 on: November 18, 2021, 11:05:34 pm »
And all businesses will close at noon and the police departments will close at 4:00 pm.

Schools already went to all remote learning.
Mob rule is becoming the norm.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #940 on: November 18, 2021, 11:05:36 pm »
I am guessing from the handwriting that they probably didn't go to Catholic school.
(No idea.)
 :shrug:
Dunno. Between texting and typing, I write so little longhand I am appalled at my own penmanship any more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #942 on: November 18, 2021, 11:10:50 pm »

For their own safety, national guard troops will be kept in reserve at least 8 miles from the downtown area, in case the riot spills over into the suburbs.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #943 on: November 18, 2021, 11:16:55 pm »
Dunno. Between texting and typing, I write so little longhand I am appalled at my own penmanship any more.

And to be fair, s/he probably would have put more effort into it if s/he had known the entire internet would be looking at it and trying to glean some possibly-sinister connotations from how s/he dotted the i's and crossed the t's.   :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #944 on: November 18, 2021, 11:34:45 pm »
NBC and MSNBC BANNED From Rittenhouse Trial for Following Jury Bus. They want to intimidate the jury so bad they can taste it.

https://thelibertydaily.com/msnbc-banned-from-rittenhouse-trial-for-following-jury-bus/

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:36:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #945 on: November 18, 2021, 11:37:57 pm »
Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
The seriousness of this incident cannot be overstated. It is not simply because the police suspected MSNBC was trying to take their pictures. If the jurors believed that they were being followed, it could add to their unease about voting in the case.

@txradioguy

And you can bet the farm there has been anoynmous threats to murder the jury members and their familes.

The media just hasn't mentioned it.

You can bet your ass the media would have mentioned death threats to the jury and their families if it were a black man on trial for murdering a white man.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:38:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

« Reply #946 on: November 18, 2021, 11:39:34 pm »

I can barely write (hand write) at all anymore I do it so rarely...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #947 on: November 18, 2021, 11:45:26 pm »
I can barely write (hand write) at all anymore I do it so rarely...
I recently realized I'm losing handwriting as well. When I do it it feels like I'm using someone else's hand.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #948 on: November 18, 2021, 11:47:57 pm »
When I lived up north, opening day was a legal absence day, for anyone that went hunting. If you did not get a deer opening day, the administration would turn a blind eye to up to 3 more days. This was a poor rural community and a deer or two in the freezer went a long way to preventing a skinny Christmas.

@verga @Hoodat

I have mentioned before that when I was going to high school,I would go duck hunting before school began,and then walk into the school carrying my 12 gauge double barrel shotgun and lock it away in my hall locker until school had ended.

AFAIK,nobody even paid any attention to either me or the shotgun.

Granted,it was a rural school where pretty much every kid in the counter knew every other kid in the county,as well as their mothers and fathers.

Just accepting responsibility without even thinking about it was normal for rural kids. They also piloted boats and operated heavy machinery. It was just a  part of normal life for them.

City kids might have gotten away with pointing toy guns at other kids and shouting "bang,bang,you're dead!",but that's because they didn't have real guns. Rural kids had real guns,and lived in fear of somebody telling their mother they had been pointing them at someone. They knew not only would their gun be taken away,but they also knew their mama's would just fry their asses at random times with no warning if they caught them playing games with their guns.

BTW,I got that 12 gauge from my father by winning a bet on who would be elected President,Eisenhower,or some Dim loser. I picked Ike,and got a 12 gauge out of it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #949 on: November 19, 2021, 12:01:18 am »

Considering the current parlous state of the FBI, I wouldn't completely discount the possibility that the Brownshirts have one or more moles within the FBI (or other agencies) who can quickly obtain the necessary dirt and compromat needed to turn a juror.

@Kamaji

I would bet money on it,and I am NOT a "betting man".