Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday  (Read 22454 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday
« Reply #750 on: November 17, 2021, 07:55:07 pm »
True.  Assuming for the sake of argument that they did not know that a low-res version had been submitted as evidence, once they became aware of that fact they had an obligation to withdraw the submitted version, inform the court and the defense of the facts, and do so in a manner calculated to give the court as much of a chance as possible to mitigate the damage flowing from the admission of the improper evidence, including, for example, curative instructions to the jury.

Instead of doing that they double down, and double down again like good little Soviets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #751 on: November 17, 2021, 07:59:14 pm »
Rittenhouse Prosecutor: We Did Not Alter the Video Evidence

Joel B. Pollak 17 Nov 2021

The prosecution and defense attorneys clashed Wednesday afternoon  in the Kenosha County Court before Judge Bruce Schroeder over disputed video evidence as jurors continued a second day of deliberations.

The dispute involved several videos, especially a high-definition video that the prosecution used in closing arguments on Friday, but which had not been provided to the defense, which only received a low-definition version. The defense moved for a mistrial Tuesday on that basis.

Assistant District Attorney John Kraus told the judge that the prosecution had not intentionally withheld video evidence from the defense, but that there was an accidental compression involved in moving video between iPhone and Android devices.

The person who took the footage, according to Kraus, had earlier provided it to Rittenhouse’s former attorney, John Pierce, who had shown it last year on the Tucker Carlson Show on Fox News.

When it was emailed to the defense, there was a compression, he said, which had not been deliberate.

“If I knew how to compress files, and do all these technology things, I’d have a much better job,” Kraus said, claiming that the prosecution had done nothing to alter the video file.

The defense countered that the files appeared to be different, and the “metadata” accompanying the video appeared different. It also said that the video provided to Carlson — which Carlson’s show apparently bought — was different, as it was black-and-white. The prosecutor’s video was in color; that had not been the problem, but rather the superior quality of the prosecution’s video.

“At this point, your Honor, they have not requested what we’re fighting about,” defense lawyers Mark Richards observed at one stage.”

“You are correct,” the judge replied.

Earlier Wednesday, the jury sent a question to the judge about whether it would be permitted to review video evidence in the courtroom, or in private. The judge, while ruling that the video would have to be viewed in the courtroom — with no others present — added that this was his “nightmare” scenario, where disputes about the video evidence could consume the trial.

The court reconvened after the jury had asked two more questions about reviewing video evidence, focusing on three videos in particular, relating to the shooting of Gaige Grosskreutz (who was armed, and who was wounded and survived).

The prosecutors argued that the jurors should be able to watch videos as many times as they want, while the defense only wanted the jury to be able to watch once, as in court proceedings.

The lawyers argued over the applicable legal precedents, and Judge Schroeder expressed concern that earlier legal problems with the artificial intelligence technology used to enhance zoomed-in video evidence would only be amplified if the jury were able to watch those videos repeatedly.

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/11/17/rittenhouse-prosecutor-we-did-not-alter-the-video-evidence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #753 on: November 17, 2021, 08:00:20 pm »
Jacek Posobiec 🇺🇸🇵🇱
@JackPosobiec
·
1h
BREAKING: Prosecution is apparently blaming Fox News and Tucker Carlson for withholding video from defense team
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #754 on: November 17, 2021, 08:03:01 pm »

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #755 on: November 17, 2021, 08:03:41 pm »
Jacek Posobiec 🇺🇸🇵🇱
@JackPosobiec
·
1h
BREAKING: Prosecution is apparently blaming Fox News and Tucker Carlson for withholding video from defense team

When you've run out of people to blame...blame Fox News.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #756 on: November 17, 2021, 08:04:13 pm »
So apparently they're still going to punt the question of what to do about the low-res vs. hi-res video since the jury has not (yet?) requested it, presumably in the hopes that they never do request it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #758 on: November 17, 2021, 08:04:34 pm »
Jacek Posobiec 🇺🇸🇵🇱
@JackPosobiec
·
1h

:facepalm2:

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #760 on: November 17, 2021, 08:05:21 pm »
Louis vil LeGun ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
@LouisvilleGun
·
58m
Defense saying they asked for EXACT FORENSIC COPY.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #761 on: November 17, 2021, 08:06:00 pm »
Rittenhouse Jury Asks About Videos; Judge: ‘My Nightmare Has Come True’
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021/11/17/rittenhouse-jury-asks-about-videos-judge-my-nightmare-has-come-true/
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #762 on: November 17, 2021, 08:10:34 pm »

Joel B. Pollak 17 Nov 2021

The "It was an accident!!" defense.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #763 on: November 17, 2021, 08:13:47 pm »
I don’t understand why it matters if the jury has asked to see it again. They have already seen an exhibit that should not have been entered. The deliberations are already tainted by ever seeing it and it is not being withdrawn now.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #764 on: November 17, 2021, 08:14:10 pm »
Hopefully this is a career-ending exercise for the prosecution.

Are you kidding?  This guy is building up a helluva resume' for a dimocratic U.S Attorney General.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #765 on: November 17, 2021, 08:16:49 pm »
I hate the defense! Why ask for no prejudice!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #766 on: November 17, 2021, 08:18:31 pm »
I hate the defense! Why ask for no prejudice!

Every Motion for Mistrial I've heard about were "with prejudice."  Is this a third Motion?
I will NOT comply.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #767 on: November 17, 2021, 08:19:00 pm »
The judge does not want to rule on it until the jury asks for it again or comes back with a verdict.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #768 on: November 17, 2021, 08:20:31 pm »
Every Motion for Mistrial I've heard about were "with prejudice."  Is this a third Motion?
The defense said in order to compromise. Compromise with Kyles life in jeopardy makes me sick.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #769 on: November 17, 2021, 08:22:22 pm »
The defense said in order to compromise. Compromise with Kyles life in jeopardy makes me sick.

Me too. That would be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Polly Ticks

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #771 on: November 17, 2021, 08:24:47 pm »

:facepalm2:

Someone needs to call the guys in white suits and straight jackets for Binger.  He has gone insane.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #772 on: November 17, 2021, 08:26:09 pm »
Someone needs to call the guys in white suits and straight jackets for Binger.  He has gone insane.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #773 on: November 17, 2021, 08:30:58 pm »
Jacek Posobiec 🇺🇸🇵🇱
@JackPosobiec
·
1h

Wait .... wasn't Lunchbox just blaming an Android phone for the problem??   :laugh:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #774 on: November 17, 2021, 08:32:03 pm »
Judge says he has forewarned the prosecution about the problematic nature of the unicorn video, but they continued to press for it and he allowed it.  He says that there is a "day of reckoning" coming about the drone video issue and "it's going to be ugly".