Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday  (Read 22269 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday
« Reply #626 on: November 16, 2021, 10:58:54 pm »
TheQuartering
@TheQuartering
If the reports are true, of 2 jurors afraid to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse over doxxing threats and potential harassment this is of grave concern.

Not that half the country will care..
5:42 PM · Nov 16, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #627 on: November 16, 2021, 11:01:13 pm »
TheQuartering
@TheQuartering
If the reports are true, of 2 jurors afraid to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse over doxxing threats and potential harassment this is of grave concern.

:yowsa: Very grave concern!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #628 on: November 16, 2021, 11:03:02 pm »
TheQuartering
@TheQuartering

Living proof our criminal justice system has been hijacked by left wing BLM and Antifa terrorist.  Of course Garland and Biden are probably egging them on.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #629 on: November 16, 2021, 11:04:26 pm »
:yowsa: Very grave concern!

Sounds also like 10 brave souls who had the courage to do the right thing.   Acquit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #630 on: November 16, 2021, 11:05:03 pm »
Living proof our criminal justice system has been hijacked by left wing BLM and Antifa terrorist.  Of course Garland and Biden are probably egging them on.
Where is the FBI? At a school board meeting?

Jury intimidation is domestic terrorism.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #631 on: November 16, 2021, 11:07:19 pm »
TheQuartering
@TheQuartering

My last understanding (perhaps erroneous) was that alternate jurors are still available, and that the defense motion for a mistrial with prejudice is still before the judge.

I have no understanding of legal procedure; could jurors who openly identify fear of mob retribution be replaced even now by alternates?  Or do these fears by jurors indicate that Rittenhouse cannot get a fair trial, and mistrial with prejudice is all the more fully justified?
James 1:20

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #632 on: November 16, 2021, 11:12:20 pm »
I've never heard of a federal marshal having access to the jury room in a state/county courthouse, let alone listening in on their conversations. Something hinky about this report. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if jurors were nervous about their safety, post-verdict.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #633 on: November 16, 2021, 11:14:48 pm »
My last understanding (perhaps erroneous) was that alternate jurors are still available, and that the defense motion for a mistrial with prejudice is still before the judge.

I have no understanding of legal procedure; could jurors who openly identify fear of mob retribution be replaced even now by alternates?  Or do these fears by jurors indicate that Rittenhouse cannot get a fair trial, and mistrial with prejudice is all the more fully justified?

IMHO what SHOULD have happened on the first day of the trial is dismissal of the case with prejudice citing prosecutorial misconduct and severe sanctions for the entire prosecution team. IF that is possible under Wisconsin law.

And if not then, during the prosecution's closing arguments for sure when the again tried to admit evidence already barred and lied about the law in several instances!

Edit to add: This fiasco never should have gotten to a courtroom to begin with.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:25:18 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #634 on: November 16, 2021, 11:53:46 pm »
Jury has informed the judge that there will be no decision today. They will reconvene tomorrow morning.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #635 on: November 16, 2021, 11:58:38 pm »
The two jurors holding things up should be replaced with alternates.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #636 on: November 17, 2021, 12:01:27 am »

Could they request to be replaced with alternates if they are too afraid to make a decision?

I fear a hung jury..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #637 on: November 17, 2021, 12:01:46 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #638 on: November 17, 2021, 12:06:39 am »
We slip closer to third world status every day.  Corruption of the justice system is about as basic as it gets.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #639 on: November 17, 2021, 12:07:34 am »
We slip closer to third world status every day.  Corruption of the justice system is about as basic as it gets.

That, and sham elections.
James 1:20

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2021, 12:12:42 am »

Hope you don't mind...since the jury has it now.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #641 on: November 17, 2021, 12:13:21 am »

Hope you don't mind...since the jury has it now.   :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #642 on: November 17, 2021, 12:14:50 am »
 Jury going home for the night, no verdict yet.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #643 on: November 17, 2021, 12:25:11 am »
Where is the FBI? At a school board meeting?

Jury intimidation is domestic terrorism.
The FBI has been thoroughly politicized, as have been most other Federal government agencies.

They serve the state, not the people.

If they still served the people, they would be busy arresting BLM thugs and their lackeys who are actively and intentionally intimidating the jurors in Wisconsin with threats of violence.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #645 on: November 17, 2021, 01:21:01 am »
MSNBC’s Reid: Rittenhouse Trial Judge ‘Has Done Everything But Offer to Adopt Kyle’

MSNBC anchor Joy Reid said Tuesday on her show “The ReidOut” that Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder’s behavior during the Kyle Rittenhouse murder trial shows he is clearly on the side of the defense.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/16/msnbcs-reid-rittenhouse-trial-judge-has-done-everything-but-offer-to-adopt-kyle/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #646 on: November 17, 2021, 01:38:16 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2021, 04:19:19 am »
What part do you not get that Rittenhouse was not in compliance with 29.304 and 29.593?

Clearly, you didn't bother reading 29.304 or 29.593 before posting.

Was Rittenhouse under the age of 16?

Was Rittenhouse seeking a certificate of accomplishment for securing a hunting permit?

Once again, you have simply made this up out of your own imagination.  And once again, you come out looking like a complete fool.  And a dishonest one at that.  After getting called out on it, you double-down by doing it again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2021, 04:24:48 am »
I was listening to a live stream of protesters outside Kenosha court house. They were chanting their usual no Justice, no peace chant. There was one about burning the courthouse down which sounded like a terrorist threat to me. Then they started the say their name chant and the crowd chanted Anthony and Jojo. At first I was like what? Those people have no respect for Joseph Rosenbaum. They reduced his name to Jojo so it would fit in their ridiculous chant. I’m not mad about it. It made me chuckle.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2021, 10:35:02 am »
I was listening to a live stream of protesters outside Kenosha court house. They were chanting their usual no Justice, no peace chant. There was one about burning the courthouse down which sounded like a terrorist threat to me. Then they started the say their name chant and the crowd chanted Anthony and Jojo. At first I was like what? Those people have no respect for Joseph Rosenbaum. They reduced his name to Jojo so it would fit in their ridiculous chant. I’m not mad about it. It made me chuckle.
Chances are that most of that crowd are imports from out of town. They always seem to make the best unbridled 'protesters", because they don't have to go home, face the neighbors and others in the community afterwards, and hear grandma chew their asses for being idiots.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis