Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday  (Read 22414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2021, 01:48:23 am »
Prosecutor in Rittenhouse Trial Is Immediately Debunked After Making Wild ‘Heroic’ BLM Protesters Claim
By Sister Toldjah | Nov 15, 2021 6:15 PM ET

Closing arguments are being made today in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial as the jury prepares to begin their deliberations on what was presented over the last two weeks by both sides in the courtroom.

As we previously reported, the prosecution is making some pretty wild, demonstrably false statements in their closing argument, including the preposterous suggestion that once you’re carrying a gun you no longer have a right to claim self-defense.

My colleague Nick Arama correctly pointed out that what Assistant D.A. Thomas Binger said “is just flat-out wrong under the law. If it were true, then you could never have a self-defense case, no one who has a gun could ever claim self-defense. And perhaps that’s the aim here — to impugn the right to self-defense with a gun in general. Binger also told them you can’t claim self-defense if the person is unarmed. That’s also untrue.”

But something else Binger said today raised a lot of eyebrows, specifically as it related to proclaiming the Kenosha rioters including the mobs that ran after Rittenhouse as a “crowd full of heroes.” Watch:

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1460329580942745603

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/11/15/prosecutor-in-rittenhouse-trial-is-immediately-debunked-after-making-wild-heroic-blm-protesters-claim-n476278
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2021, 02:01:04 am »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2021, 02:31:08 am »
[quote author=mystery-ak link=topic=452804.msg2530520#msg2530520 date=1637027234
So without further ado, I present to you things that absolutely did not happen, by Cori Bush.

https://twitter.com/CoriBush/status/1460335492415819786

So, how many of 'your people' as you say, were shot and killed? You had White Supremacists hiding in the bush shooting at you. These are obviously highly trained marksmen. How many did they shoot? Who was injured? (other than the obvious White people; who deserved it anyway)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2021, 02:44:08 am »
Rittenhouse Trial:  Defense Delivers Disappointingly Weak Closing Argument

Legal Insurrection by Andrew Branca Monday, November 15, 2021 at 09:35pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/rittenhouse-trial-defense-delivers-a-disappointingly-weak-closing-argument/#respond

Rittenhouse deserved a great deal more than Attorney Mark Richards delivered.

The closing statements are now done in the Rittenhouse trial, and the jury will now begin deliberations—although not until tomorrow morning.  That means, of course, that we’ll be launching or VERDICT WATCH blog post in the morning at Legal Insurrection, so keep your eyes there for breaking news on a verdict.

And with that, let’s dive into the unpleasant task of noting the poor closing argument presented by the defense in this case.
Defense Delivers Disappointingly Weak Closing Argument

This is an unpleasant task because on the legal merits Kyle Rittenhouse ought to be acquitted by a unanimous jury on every one of the five felony accounts against him, with the State having failed to prove provocation beyond a reasonable doubt and having failed to have disproven self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt.

And that may still happen. I hope it does. He deserves those acquittals.

That said, I’m well aware that sometimes defendants who deserve acquittal end up getting convicted, regardless.  There might be many reasons that could occur.  One of those reasons is a weak legal defense, and particularly a weak defense in the critical closing argument, the last opportunity the defense team has to plead their narrative of innocence to the jury.

Poor Choice of Tone if Goal is Persuasion of Jurors to Defense Narrative

Perhaps the single biggest weakness I saw in the defense closing argument was apparent from the first moments of Attorney Mark Richard’s speaking to the jury, and which I suppose was predictable by his generally gruff manner—and why I would have preferred to have Attorney Core Chirafisi do the defense closing argument.

And that was the angry and personal tone Richards took to the prosecution.

Let me make clear, there’s no question to my mind that the prosecution, in this case, has earned every bit of that anger.  The State has played fast and loose with both the facts and law in this case, trying to gin up a conviction from crumbs left on the bakery floor, all with the goal of putting Kyle Rittenhouse into a cage for the rest of his life by legal means not soundly based on facts and law.

Drive a Narrative of Innocence Consistent with, not Contrary to, the Jurors’ Sympathies

If this jury convicts on any of these charges—and they well might—it will be because the prosecution has been successful in fostering some degree of sympathy among the jurors for the people killed, maimed, and purportedly endangered at the hands of Kyle Rittenhouse.

To put it another way, unless that’s happened an acquittal is already secured, and the defense need not engage in the fire-and-brimstone display at all.  But we can’t know that, of course, so we must assume that some degree of sympathy for the “victims” has been successfully fostered by the prosecution.

If that’s so, you don’t make ground with those jurors in particular by shouting your outrage about those horrible people. Instead, you just come across as unsympathetic—which, of course, reflects on your client.

Failure to Step Methodically Through the Elements of Self-Defense

My next point may be more a reflection of my own temperament, and is perhaps just a personal or professional preference on my part—but I would have been far more detailed and specific in stepping through the elements of self-defense as applied to each of these felony charges.

For each count, I would have made clear in plain language exactly what circumstances would lead Kyle to believe he was facing an unlawful forcible attack (Innocence), that the harm feared from that attack was either already being inflicted or apparently immediately about to occur (Imminence), how the nature of the threat presented an apparent risk of death or serious bodily injury (Proportionality), and how all of this was not just genuinely believed but objective reasonable (Reasonableness).

More at link.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #530 on: November 16, 2021, 03:10:16 am »
He did not get the firearm from a relative. He had a friend buy the firearm for him because he couldn't. He was a 17yo Illinois resident. It was a straw purchase and that is a federal felony.  Black loaning the firearm to Rittenhouse who is a minor is a felony.

Is your last name Binger per chance?
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #533 on: November 16, 2021, 03:24:04 am »
There is no right to self-defense if you provoke.  This means he'll be found guilty of homicide.

@Right_in_Virginia

*I* say the crowd that chased them down,throwing rocks and trying to beat his brains in with skateboards were the ones doing the provoking.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #534 on: November 16, 2021, 03:26:45 am »
Judge had done a pretty good job of slapping prosectution down for their silly bull shit.  Can't beleive he is allowing them to stake the kid's freedom on what appears to be a 768K pixel digitial camera shot at 500 feet away.

@catfish1957

Can you say "Grounds for appeal!"?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #536 on: November 16, 2021, 03:32:20 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

*I* say the crowd that chased them down,throwing rocks and trying to beat his brains in with skateboards were the ones doing the provoking.

I think the defense in its closing did quite a good job blowing holes in the "provoke" charge @sneakypete   happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #537 on: November 16, 2021, 03:48:39 am »
@DB
It will be recharged. He was in illegal possesion. The Wisconsin state law and Illinois state law both say so. Thete was absolutely no way for Rittenhouse to legally obtain and possess any firearm. He was a 17yo Illinois resident that had someone else by the firearm for him. Yes the judge is an idiot that doesn't know his own laws. The judge is also partisan on this case. The prosecution is one of the biggest idiots out there l. From the beginning of the case he has overcharged from the beginning.  Rittenhouse should be prosecuted by the DOJ for violating federal firearms laws as well as Wisconsin state firearms laws.

@Killer Clouds

Wrong a couple of ways.

1: Nobody bought the gun for him. His father legally owned the rifle,and legally allowed his son to use it.

2:His father is a resident of that city.

3:No city,state,or federal firearms laws were broken by him being in possession of the weapon.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #538 on: November 16, 2021, 03:55:20 am »
I guess in Binger's mind (what there is of it), every time I go to the store, church, the library or anywhere else with a 9mm in my purse, I'm just asking for it - and have no right to defend myself when the SHTF. Gunman at Kroger or at the bank, aiming directly at me? I'll just move into a position where he gets a clearer shot, I guess. I asked for it.

Got it.

What a maroon.

@mountaineer

Yeah,that's what *I* would do.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #539 on: November 16, 2021, 04:40:04 am »
He did not get the firearm from a relative. He had a friend buy the firearm for him because he couldn't. He was a 17yo Illinois resident. It was a straw purchase and that is a federal felony.  Black loaning the firearm to Rittenhouse who is a minor is a felony.

You couldn’t be more wrong and understand the statue less if you tried.

Where are you getting your info from…Shannon Watts?

You really really need to sit this one out.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #540 on: November 16, 2021, 06:41:02 am »
It's in the statute you posted.

What part of this do you not get?

(c) This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593. This section applies only to an adult who transfers a firearm to a person under 18 years of age if the person under 18 years of age is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593 or to an adult who is in violation of s. 941.28.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #541 on: November 16, 2021, 09:40:35 am »
You couldn’t be more wrong and understand the statue less if you tried.

Where are you getting your info from…Shannon Watts?

You really really need to sit this one out.
I pointed out twice, now, that there would be no youth hunting programs anywhere if someone under 18 could not possess a firearm. They cannot legally purchase one, but they can possess one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #542 on: November 16, 2021, 12:40:51 pm »
I pointed out twice, now, that there would be no youth hunting programs anywhere if someone under 18 could not possess a firearm. They cannot legally purchase one, but they can possess one.

I got my first shotgun when I was 8th birthday.

Just sayin...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #543 on: November 16, 2021, 12:42:08 pm »
There is no right to self-defense if you provoke.  This means he'll be found guilty of homicide.

That's the false narrative being presented by the left and by the prosecutor.  Rittenhouse didn't provoke anything.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #544 on: November 16, 2021, 01:12:26 pm »
I pointed out twice, now, that there would be no youth hunting programs anywhere if someone under 18 could not possess a firearm.

Nor would schools provide excused absences for students to go hunting during hunting season.  And the State wouldn't be selling gun hunting licenses for people under 18 either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #545 on: November 16, 2021, 01:53:51 pm »
Rittenhouse and his attorneys must be concerned if the jury has the courage to acquit. Much like that night in Kenosha, the mob can frighten a lot of people.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #546 on: November 16, 2021, 02:02:21 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

There was testimony Rosenbaum threatened to kill Rittenhouse. Then there's the video showing Rosenbaum chase him, the kid fleeing before turning and shooting him.

The fact this farce has gone this far is the real tragedy. The prosecution has succeeded in getting everyone wrapped around the axle on this thing. Hopefully the jury sees clearly.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:03:42 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #547 on: November 16, 2021, 02:15:08 pm »
There was testimony Rosenbaum threatened to kill Rittenhouse. Then there's the video showing Rosenbaum chase him, the kid fleeing before turning and shooting him.

The fact this farce has gone this far is the real tragedy. The prosecution has succeeded in getting everyone wrapped around the axle on this thing. Hopefully the jury sees clearly.

I agree @skeeter This case should never have made it to a courtroom, but it did, and the Judge should have dismissed with prejudice immediately.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #548 on: November 16, 2021, 02:15:23 pm »
Democrat Rep. Cori Bush: If Kyle Rittenhouse Acquitted, White Supremacists ‘Can Shoot at Us’

Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO) believes that if 18-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse gets acquitted on the grounds of self-defense, white supremacists will be emboldened to shoot at Black Lives Matter protesters.
Paul Bois15 Nov 2021, 10:47 PM PST

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/15/democrat-rep-cori-bush-kyle-rittenhouse-acquitted-white-supremacists-can-shoot-us/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #549 on: November 16, 2021, 02:16:51 pm »
I prayed for this young man and the jury last night.  :0001:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org