Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday  (Read 22571 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2021, 09:19:20 pm »
Speaking as a former assistant prosecuting attorney (albeit not one involved in criminal cases), this guy is an embarrassment to the entire prosecuting community.

(I figured we deserved a community, too. Everyone else seems to have one).

On the Rekieta Law livestream (linked above) this morning, the panel of lawyers that was commenting on the trial called Binger "the kind of lawyer that gives lawyers a bad name."
Let it burn.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2021, 09:24:12 pm »
Chad Felix Greene
@chadfelixg
The left went from, 'Defund the police' and 'End mass incarceration' to, 'The Prosecutor is always right' real fast.
3:48 PM · Nov 11, 2021·

Isn't that the truth. Forget all that "fight the system" crap of the 60s. The left is Wokey McWoke these days, and they just want people thrown in jail.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2021, 09:30:07 pm »
On the Rekieta Law livestream (linked above) this morning, the panel of lawyers that was commenting on the trial called Binger "the kind of lawyer that gives lawyers a bad name."

I don't think the guy is qualified to be an ambulance chaser when his DA days are over.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2021, 09:37:29 pm »
Judge is allowing the algorithm-doctored picture to be presented

Oh....photoshopped.   :silly:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:38:18 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2021, 09:39:19 pm »

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1458909088130154501
The enhanced drone footage shows Rittenhouse pointing his rifle at Ziminskis but we really can't tell because Ziminskis asked to be cropped out.

Right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2021, 11:18:56 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1458791418063949824

@Right_in_Virginia

Gimme 10 minutes alone with LaBron and no witnesses,and I can have him crying like a little baby.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2021, 11:22:01 pm »
@catfish1957

I agree

The jury  knows that the State’s case is collapsing. But they are also worried about their own safety going forward. The judge declaring a mistrial  with prejudice will let the jury off the hook. And this activist who bragged  about threatening the jury needs to be found and arrested

It’s too bad that we are entering a period of justice by mob rule, and hopefully someone is going to clamp down on that at some point. But that’s where we find ourselves today

@LMAO

"entering"?????

It's been that way for at least 20 years when it comes to convicting black thugs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2021, 11:23:15 pm »

@mountaineer

I suspect that has a LOT to do with his testimony for the defense.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2021, 11:26:30 pm »
All I know is if I am ever in trouble, I hope Binger is the prosecutor     :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2021, 01:02:30 am »
Day 8 of the Rittenhouse trial, defense rests its case

TMJ4 by  Andrea Albers , Stephanie Haines , Tom Durian updated 6:48 PM, Nov 11, 2021

https://www.tmj4.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-trial/watch-live-day-8-of-the-rittenhouse-trial

Day eight has since concluded and jurors will be back on Monday.

The defense rested its case in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse on Thursday.

The jury will hear closing arguments on Monday.

Once the defense finishes calling witnesses then each side will make a closing argument. From there the judge will explain to the jury the rules of law that apply to the case and lay out the decisions jury members must make. At that point, deliberation would begin. There is no way to know how long deliberations might last.

The defense rested its case shortly after 3:30 p.m. Prosecutors asked the judge to allow for additional rebuttal witnesses to debunk some of Rittenhouse's testimony on the stand Wednesday.

With the evidentiary part of the trial over, the jury was sent home for a three day weekend. Friday, the judge and attorneys will hammer out the details of Monday’s closing arguments and jury instructions. Both sides agreed they wanted to wait until Monday for the arguments, having the weekend to prepare. The judge has limited the time for closing arguments to two and a half hours per side.

Jury instructions are also expected to take at least an hour. That is where the state has said they will ask for “lesser included charges.” Lesser included charges allow the jury to find Rittenhouse guilty of a lesser charge which would carry with it a lower burden of proof and sentence. TMJ4 legal analysts say it is also a way for the jury to compromise and avoid a hung jury.

Under the current time frame laid out, the just in the Rittenhouse case could get the case for deliberation as early as Monday afternoon.

More at link.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2021, 01:11:17 am »
Paramedic shot by Rittenhouse says teen 'was an active shooter'
By Jordan Williams - 11/11/21 06:59 PM EST

A paramedic who, along with two others, was shot by Kyle Rittenhouse during protests against racial injustice in Kenosha, Wisc., last year said in an interview that the teenager was an “active shooter.”

Gaige Grosskreutz survived being shot in the arm on Aug. 25, 2020, amid protests against the police shooting of Jacob Blake. Both of the other men Rittenhouse shot, Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, died.

In an interview on ABC News’s “Good Morning America” on Thursday, Grosskreutz was asked what he wanted people to remember most about the trial.

"I think the most important thing to remember is that Kyle Rittenhouse was an active shooter,” he said. “He murdered two men, and he attempted to murder me.”

Grosskreutz’s comments come as Rittenhouse stands trial for six charges in connection with the shootings, including homicide.   

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/581230-paramedic-shot-by-rittenhouse-says-he-thought-teen-was-an-active-shooter
Support the USO

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2021, 01:30:38 am »
Gaige Grosskreutz: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Heavy By Jessica McBride   11/10/2021

https://heavy.com/news/gaige-grosskreutz/

1. Grosskreutz Approached Rittenhouse With a Loaded Gun

2. Grosskreutz Has a Prior Gun Offense But Is Not a Felon

3. Grosskreutz’s Gun had a Bullet in the Chamber; He Is Affiliated With a Protest Group Called the People’s Revolution & Is a Medic

4. Grosskreutz, Who Lost 90% of His Right Bicep, Is Suing Kenosha

According to the court records retrieved through Pacer, Grosskreutz has filed a federal lawsuit that alleges police wrongly allowed an armed militia to imperil his safety.

5. Grosskreutz Described It All as ‘a Lot to Process’

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2021, 04:03:59 am »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2021, 05:08:22 am »
I'm sorry if someone says they're coming at me and they are going to kill me I take them at their word.
Yep. Sh*t just got real.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2021, 05:11:06 am »
I watch Kyle and wonder how a 17 year old lives his life, knowing that he’s killed a man. I believe it was self-defense, but that’s still a huge burden for a young man.
Now think of all the servicemen who enlisted at 17 over the past century (or younger, earlier on).
It depends on the person and the circumstances, and yes, it will be a life changing event.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2021, 05:28:51 am »
Day 8 of the Rittenhouse trial, defense rests its case

TMJ4 by  Andrea Albers , Stephanie Haines , Tom Durian updated 6:48 PM, Nov 11, 2021

https://www.tmj4.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-trial/watch-live-day-8-of-the-rittenhouse-trial
"Lower burden of proof???"

I thought the burden was "beyond a reasonable doubt", no matter what the charges are.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2021, 05:51:18 am »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia
Lots of posts on subject

Thanks for all the posts (twitter and such) you have put into this thread.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....