Author Topic: Biden says he has directed DOJ to focus on violence from unruly airline passengers  (Read 213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he has directed DOJ to focus on violence from unruly airline passengers

By Mychael Schnell - 10/07/21 07:13 PM EDT

President Biden on Thursday said he has directed the Department of Justice (DOJ) to “deal with” the spike in reports of unruly passengers on airplanes.

“Scott I want you to know I talked to the Justice Department to make sure that we deal with the violence on aircraft coming from those people who are taking issues,” Biden said, addressing United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby while delivering remarks in Illinois.

“We're going to deal with that,” he added.

The Hill reached out to the DOJ and the White House for more information.

Biden’s remarks come as the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is grappling with a sharp surge in reports of unruly airline passengers, many of which have been mask-related.

According to the TSA, there have been more than 4,600 reports of unruly passengers in the past year, with 3,366 of them being related to masks.

Nearly 850 investigations have been initiated.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/575862-biden-says-he-has-directed-doj-to-focus-on-violence-from-unruly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Hate to be a bore.... what about the border.... you remember, that place where all the people from other countries are coming across bringing diseases, crime and human trafficking?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Completely outside federal jurisdiction.

Let the authorities handle it at either the origin or destination.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:34:21 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Drop the mask mandate and watch the calm return. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Sens. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) penned letters to Attorney General Merrick Garland and Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Steve Dickson last month requesting that their teams do more to crack down on the reports of unruly passengers.

Specifically, they requested that more be done to criminally prosecute the disruptive travelers.

Meanwhile, Sens. Cantwell and Durbin, AG Garland, and FAA Admin Dickson continue to fly around the country in private jets, mask-free.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Drop the mask mandate and watch the calm return.

Fire Fauci as well.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

What does Puddinbrain think they're going to do now that they weren't already doing?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What a waste of Federal resources. The DOJ should be at the crosswalk of the nearby school investigating people who ignore the crossing guard. Now that is where DOJ could do some actual good!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I thought the President dictating policy to the DOJ was bad juju under Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What a waste of Federal resources. The DOJ should be at the crosswalk of the nearby school investigating people who ignore the crossing guard. Now that is where DOJ could do some actual good!
You left out those people who don't sort their recycling right...Obviously a threat to not just the nation, but the whole planet!  ////00000////
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis