Author Topic: 'We're ready': After issues in Del Rio, Mayorkas says DHS is prepared for additional groups of Haiti  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We're ready': After issues in Del Rio, Mayorkas says DHS is prepared for additional groups of Haitian migrants
Rebecca Morin
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – Amid reports of thousands of Haitian migrants again heading to the U.S.-Mexico border, the head of the Department of Homeland Security said Tuesday the Biden administration has learned from the unexpected wave of migrants who came last month and is prepared for the possibility of additional groups.

After the administration faced criticism for its treatment of more than 10,000 Haitian migrants who had gathered under a bridge at the United States' southern border, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas told the USA TODAY Editorial Board and newsroom journalists that his agency has developed plans to address additional groups of migrants.

“It was most certainly a challenge that we had not encountered previously,” Mayorkas said of the roughly 15,000 Haitian migrants who set up camp under a bridge in Del Rio, Texas, last month. “And what we have done now, is we have developed plans that should something like that occur again, we're ready for it.”

Panama Foreign Minister Erika Mouynes told Axios last week that since the beginning of 2021, more than 85,000 Haitians have crossed through Panama and she believes they are all heading on to the United States. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted Saturday that “Texas National Guard is gearing up at the border for increased caravans attempting to cross the border.”

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/10/05/mayorkas-says-dhs-ready-for-new-wave-haitian-migrants/6005820001/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No wonder there is a shortage of red carpets right now.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Ready?
Plane tickets in hand for each of the illegals?
Or,
Vaccines ready to go?
Driver licenses ready to forge?
Social Security is ready to pass out certifications?
Plenty of voter registration forms pre signed?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 07:51:20 pm by EdinVA »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They're prepared ... to let them in freely ... to create another crisis to justify open border policies. 

"Geesh, I guess if we can't stop them from entering, why waste all that money trying to keep them out."
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They're prepared ... to let them in freely ... to create another crisis to justify open border policies. 

"Geesh, I guess if we can't stop them from entering, why waste all that money trying to keep them out."

Kind of surprised citizen militias haven't formed to address.  I mean if the federal government nor state will address the crisis.........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't think Mayorass understands the meaning of the word,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Mydorkass isn't ready to fight his way out of a wet paper bag.
The Republic is lost.