Author Topic: Eye-opening poll shows more than 40% of Biden voters and half of Trump voters agree its time to spli  (Read 2216 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm not one for polls, but I find this plausible.  Split the country how?  With all the migrants coming in, I think that presents an enormous challenge for the red states.  IMO they are NOT citizens -- send them the heL7 back!

I find it alarming that many that it was ok to violate democratic tendencies  -- how about just sticking to the Constitution??

Civil war coming?  Revolution?

Eye-opening poll shows more than 40% of Biden voters and half of Trump voters agree its time to split the country 

A surprising new poll published this week has found that many supporters of President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump actually agree on something; namely, that the time has come to split the country.

The poll — conducted by the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia in partnership with Project Home Fire — found that 41% of Biden voters and 52% of Trump voters favor dividing the country in two between Democratic-voting and Republican-voting states.

"Yeah, it's gotten that bad," Mediaite writer Colby Hall wrote in his report.

Here's the relevant portion of the survey:

Significant numbers of both Trump and Biden voters show a willingness to consider violating democratic tendencies and norms if needed to serve their priorities. Roughly 2 in 10 Trump and Biden voters strongly agree it would be better if a "President could take needed actions without being constrained by Congress or courts," and roughly 4 in 10 (41%) of Biden and half (52%) of Trump voters at least somewhat agree that it's time to split the country, favoring blue/red states seceding from the union.

Respondents were specifically asked to respond to the following statement: "The situation in America is such that I would favor [Blue/Red] states seceding from the union to form their own separate country."

The results show that nearly half of Americans from both major political parties believe the nation's political divide has become so toxic and irreparable that secession may well be the best solution...................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/poll-us-voters-favor-splitting-country

« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 09:30:36 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Perhaps it is time for serious consideration of seceding.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Way past time for secession. And the argument for a split grows stronger with each passing month/week.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Way past time for secession. And the argument for a split grows stronger with each passing month/week.
Does anyone think the leftist in the rat half would not make it their mission to infiltrate and transform the other free half?

Commies cannot live In peace with their non commie neighbors. As long as there was a free alternative nearby to compete with them they would never really have control of their own nation.

The fight must be won or lost here in this country, in its entirety, now.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: Without the rule of law, which clearly no longer exists in the USA, there is no longer any point to the union.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
:yowsa: Without the rule of law, which clearly no longer exists in the USA, there is no longer any point to the union.

Truth.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Without the Rule of Law OR National Defense, the Union and the Federal Government as a whole are defunct and no longer useful to the security and stability of the Nation. In fact they have become a detrimental menace to America.

The Democrat controlled/dominated calls Americans the real terrorists. While it refers to ISIS, Taliban, Illegals, and radical Muslim terrorists worldwide as "partners/allies" who are professional and businesslike.

If/When there is a split, or 'breakup' as some call it, we have to be "Damn Sure" that the Democrats keep all their fat stupid woke generals and idiot bureaucrats. We do not want them! Not at all!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Without the Rule of Law OR National Defense, the Union and the Federal Government as a whole are defunct and no longer useful to the security and stability of the Nation. In fact they have become a detrimental menace to America.

The Democrat controlled/dominated calls Americans the real terrorists. While it refers to ISIS, Taliban, Illegals, and radical Muslim terrorists worldwide as "partners/allies" who are professional and businesslike.

If/When there is a split, or 'breakup' as some call it, we have to be "Damn Sure" that the Democrats keep all their fat stupid woke generals and idiot bureaucrats. We do not want them! Not at all!

I don't see any sort of civility to the split.

Offline goatprairie

Exactly how do you plan to go about facilitating that? The last attempt didn't turn out too well for the states attempting secession.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Exactly how do you plan to go about facilitating that? The last attempt didn't turn out too well for the states attempting secession.

Well, we have a blueprint now.  We will be Afghanistan.   Biden can be a failed state.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I don't think it's going to be a civil separation but rather the masses rising up...it's getting to the point that people aren't going to have any other choice.  It will be a matter of survival and retaining our Constitutional rights.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Biden came in to unite, but poll shows US is now more divided than ever

.................“The divide between Trump and Biden voters is deep, wide, and dangerous,” Center for Politics Director Larry Sabato said in a statement. “The scope is unprecedented, and it will not be easily fixed.”

The survey, which was taken in late July and early August and surveyed more than 1,000 Trump supporters and 1,000 Biden backers, makes for alarming reading for those concerned about political differences in America.
According to the poll, 80 percent of Trump and Biden voters somewhat agree that elected officials from opposing parties represent "a clear and present danger to American democracy."....................

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/10/donald-trump-voter-seccession-476.jpg?quality=90&strip=all
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 12:23:26 am by libertybele »

Offline LMAO

This is very disturbing

From the article....

"Significant numbers of both Trump and Biden voters show a willingness to consider violating democratic tendencies and norms if needed to serve their priorities."  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 12:51:25 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ironhorsedriver

How would you split it? They are not all continuous states! It's not a simple matter of picking a dividing line.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
After communism fell we sort of lost our way. We no longer have that unifying adversary. We’re a nation of bored people frantically checking our respective news channels/outlets for reasons to be angry and for reasons why people who disagree with us are responsible for all that is wrong with the country.

Both sides do it. Hell I do it.

Social media amplifies the most extreme voices on either side and puts a spotlight on the most extreme behavior and makes us think that’s the norm.

Also when you’re top you have no where to go but down.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:50:33 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
How would you split it? They are not all continuous states! It's not a simple matter of picking a dividing line.

The Red/Blue divide is actually pretty contiguous, and would be pretty easy to draw...at least for us.

1. On the west side drop NM, AZ, CO, CA, NV, WA, OR, and HA
2. On the north border drop MN, WI, MI, IL, and OH
3. Northeast...  Drop all those states plus Virginia.

Given, there are these Purple states...NV, AZ, OH, MI, NC, VA.  Their population and statehouses would have to make the call. 

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 03:05:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There was not just an 'attempt'.  They did secede.

It just didn't last as long as they wished.

Once again, you are making up your own history if you do not believe there was a CSA.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

So you have problems right now with Alaska and Hawaii being part of the USA?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

Well, we have a blueprint now.  We will be Afghanistan.   Biden can be a failed state.
Not a serious answer.  :nono:

Offline goatprairie

I don't think it's going to be a civil separation but rather the masses rising up...it's getting to the point that people aren't going to have any other choice.  It will be a matter of survival and retaining our Constitutional rights.
Rising up and doing what? Be specific.

Offline goatprairie

There was not just an 'attempt'.  They did secede.

It just didn't last as long as they wished.

Once again, you are making up your own history if you do not believe there was a CSA.
It lasted four years. Lincoln never considered the CSA a separate country. He referred to it as a rebellion. We can debate whether it was a legitimate country or not, but the fact is that it ended in failure.

It lasted four years. Lincoln never considered the CSA a separate country. He referred to it as a rebellion. We can debate whether it was a legitimate country or not, but the fact is that it ended in failure.
Hilarious.  Not a student of history I note.

You are describing every country that ever existed, from the Roman Empire to Persia, when you say a country ending in failure was never a country.

Try once again.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 04:48:33 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Hilarious.  Not a student of history I note.

You are describing every country that ever existed, from the Roman Empire to Persia, when you say a country ending in failure was never a country.

Try once again.

What actually happened was an unconstitutional use of armed forces against a perfectly legal country.

- J. R. R. Tolkien