Author Topic: A clip posted to TikTok shows a pretty weird shape on a trailer at the Helendale Radar Cross Section  (Read 380 times)

rangerrebew

A clip posted to TikTok shows a pretty weird shape on a trailer at the Helendale Radar Cross Section Facility.

A pretty intriguing “object” was spotted in a video posted this morning on TikTok by our friend and OSINT researcher Ruben Hofs. A dark colored shape sitting on a trailer as it is moved at a location that was identified as Helendale Radar Cross Section Facility, in the Mojave Desert, not far from Lockheed’s Skunk Works facilities at Plant 42 in Palmdale, California.

Helendale is an aircraft research facility developed and operated by the Lockheed Martin Corporation and used to measure the radar cross section (reflectivity) of stealth aircraft designs. At this range, as happening at similar sites across the world, prototypical forms tested outside on the range are mounted on poles or hydraulic pylons that rise out of the ground through doors in the runway surface.

“I was just scrolling trough TikTok this morning it was the first video that was shown when i opened the app,” Ruben told us in a message. “At first I thought it looks like a movie prop but soon the construction on the background reminded me of an article about a RCS site. So I went to check it out on google earth and till my surprise it turns out to be the exact facility as the article I have read about on TWZ so that’s when i realized it wasn’t just a good looking movie prop but possibly some kind of proof of concept design that is being tested over there.”

https://theaviationist.com/2021/09/22/mysterious-shape-helendale/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Offline DB

Without the need for life support drones can be far more extreme in design.

Offline Kamaji

Screenshot:

Is that just a component, or is it a lifting body?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is that just a component, or is it a lifting body?

The article talks about it being a model being used to measure the cross-section Radar signature...I don't fully understand your question.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

The article talks about it being a model being used to measure the cross-section Radar signature...I don't fully understand your question.

What is it a model of, then?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I've heard that they're looking for a more advanced B2, and that could be a model of it.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, close, but no seegar....

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Well, close, but no seegar....

Hey I've got the whole series on DVD...

rangerrebew

I think it's a prototype that will take Gen. Milley to China without being discovered, a stealth air jeep. :whistle: :whistle:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I've heard that they're looking for a more advanced B2, and that could be a model of it.
If they were smart it would be nothing but a BS mock up to get the Chinese wasting millions of dollars and time to try and reverse engineer it. But that would require brains in charge like we had in WWII and sadly I think Obama and Biden forced most of the really smart military out, and what they didn't back then Biden and the dems are finishing now.

Offline Kamaji

In which case, if it's a full model, and not just a mockup of some portion of the plane, such as the fuselage, that would appear to make it some sort of a lifting body - a fuselage that generates sufficient lift through its shape that it does not require separate wings to provide lift.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In which case, if it's a full model, and not just a mockup of some portion of the plane, such as the fuselage, that would appear to make it some sort of a lifting body - a fuselage that generates sufficient lift through its shape that it does not require separate wings to provide lift.

I really appreciate your explaining "lifting body" for me.  That makes sense.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

I really appreciate your explaining "lifting body" for me.  That makes sense.

No worries.  Sorry 'bout not being clearer.  The reason I asked is that the photo I found doesn't appear to have anything that would properly count as a "wing" in the traditional sense, and so to me it appeared that it might be a type of lifting body.  That, or it was just a portion of the airframe, and not the whole thing.  That could make sense as well, since obviously images of this thing are available to the public, so they might have brought in the biggest bit either disguised, or missing sufficient crucial components that its actual configuration could not be guessed just from this part.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If they were smart it would be nothing but a BS mock up to get the Chinese wasting millions of dollars and time to try and reverse engineer it. But that would require brains in charge like we had in WWII and sadly I think Obama and Biden forced most of the really smart military out, and what they didn't back then Biden and the dems are finishing now.
Yep, some movie sci-fi stuff that does not exist and just won't work. (IIRC, something similar was done to the Soviets during the Cold War with a gas compressor design for pipelines ...they spent a grundle trying to get it to work and were rewarded with some serious malfunctions).

But, like you said, the putsch is for boot-lickers, not competent military personnel.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis