Author Topic: Border Patrol agents facing Democratic attacks shifted to desk duty amid investigation  (Read 137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Border Patrol agents facing Democratic attacks shifted to desk duty amid investigation
The agents were blocking migrants from attempting to illegally enter the United States
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

The Border Patrol agents who blocked Haitian migrants from entering the U.S. via the border at Del Rio, and who are now at the center of a Democratic controversy over false claims about their use of "whips" while on horseback, have been shifted to desk duty pending an investigation.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, who initially backed the agents before changing his stance amid outrage from the White House and left-wing Democrats, told a House Committee that the agents had been taken off the frontlines amid an investigation that he expected to take days, rather than weeks.

"We have ensured that the individuals during the pendency of the investigation are not conducting law enforcement duties to interact with migrants, but rather are conducting only administrative duties," he said.

"The facts will drive the actions that we take," he said. "We ourselves will pull no punches and we need to conduct this investigation thoroughly, but very quickly. It will be completed in days, if not weeks."

The controversy began with the emergence of images showing agents on horseback blocking Haitian migrants from entering the U.S. in a Del Rio riverine, and in one case grabbing onto a migrant’s shirt.

However, some media outlets and Democratic lawmakers misidentified the agents’ split reins, which they use to control the horse, as "whips" and accused the agents of whipping the migrants. Some outlets later qualified their description as "whip-like cords" but many Democrats forged ahead with the claim.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-border-patrol-agents-democratic-attacks-desk-duty
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Although the optics of this are bad...I don't believe for one minute any person was injured.

I also have empathy for these people wanting a better life. But there is political strife, starvation and upheaval all over the world.

But conversely, the immigrants that I have seen in the pictures of this event are carrying "to go" containers...challenging the authorities to stop their illegal entry. Bad optics on their part as well. (sort of like them trying to get back on an outgoing plane in Haiti)

These border agents were trying to do a job.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
berdie wrote:
"I also have empathy for these people wanting a better life. But there is political strife, starvation and upheaval all over the world."

You had better lose that empathy.

There are MILLIONS more coming, who will try to push their way in.
And they WILL "push their way in", unless we "push" sufficiently harder to prevent them from doing so.

Sooner or later, traditional-minded Americans will have to confront the terrible reality about the border and immigration.

That reality is:
We either "use whips" when necessary to drive the invaders back across the border, or... watch our entire nation -- literally -- be overrun by the third and fourth worlds.

There will be no middle ground.

As I look at this picture:

... my thoughts are, "drive them back across however you can".

If that means a strike or two "of the whip", I'm ok with that.

Sorry if you don't like this post.
(Enoch Powell was right)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:04:49 pm by Fishrrman »