Author Topic: Amid Haitian migrant wave, UN refugee agency condemns 'mass expulsions'  (Read 222 times)

rangerrebew

Amid Haitian migrant wave, UN refugee agency condemns 'mass expulsions'
More than 14,000 migrants were under the Del Rio bridge last week
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Amid a massive Haitian migrant wave that saw more than 14,000 migrants camped under a bridge at one point last week, the United Nations is demanding an end to "mass expulsions of individuals" and that the Biden administration end Title 42.

"I was shocked by images of the deplorable conditions beneath the concrete highway overpass in Del Rio, Texas, where more than 14,000 Haitians had gathered after arduous journeys from a number of countries in the Americas," UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi said in a statement.

The Biden administration has been scrambling to deal with the crisis, surging resources, Border Patrol agents and increasing deportation flights – where it is removing single adults via Title 42 public health protections instituted in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/haitian-migrant-wave-un-refugee-agency-mass-expulsions

Offline skeeter

Re: Amid Haitian migrant wave, UN refugee agency condemns 'mass expulsions'
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 02:47:32 pm »
Hold your water, UN. The deportations are mere window dressing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 03:00:00 pm »
"I was shocked by images of the deplorable conditions beneath the concrete highway overpass in Del Rio, Texas, where more than 14,000 Haitians had gathered after arduous journeys from a number of countries in the Americas," UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi said in a statement.

COOL! I guess that means he has no obection to shipping them all to Italy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 05:08:38 pm »
I support UNexit, the US from the UN and the UN from the US. Expel the UN!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 05:10:16 pm »

I would generally agree, except that we then lose our veto power over the U.N.  At which point, we may be much more at the whim of their tender mercies than we are now.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 06:13:23 pm »
The UN can get over it.
The FedGov is letting most of them in to the U.S.

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 08:28:27 pm »
I would generally agree, except that we then lose our veto power over the U.N.  At which point, we may be much more at the whim of their tender mercies than we are now.

I ask this not in a snarky manner, just curiosity of something I have no knowledge of ....what obligation do we actually have to the UN? What whim would we be at the mercy of?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 02:54:54 am »
888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis