Author Topic: Volcano erupts on Spain's Atlantic Ocean island of La Palma; some homes destroyed by lava  (Read 616 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

Volcano erupts on Spain's Atlantic Ocean island of La Palma; some homes destroyed by lava

A volcano on Spain's Atlantic Ocean island of La Palma erupted Sunday after a weeklong buildup of seismic activity, prompting authorities to evacuate thousands as lava flows destroyed isolated houses and threatened to reach the coast. New eruptions continued into the night.

The Canary Islands Volcanology Institute reported the initial eruption near the southern end of the island, which saw its last eruption in 1971. Huge red plumes topped with black-and-white smoke shot out along the Cumbre Vieja volcanic ridge, which scientists had been closely watching following the accumulation of molten lava below the surface and days of small earthquakes.

Excerpted, more at the link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/volcano-erupts-cumbre-vieja-spain-atlantic-ocean-la-palma-island-2021-09-19/
Let it burn.

Offline Ghost Bear

This is on one of the Canary Islands, the one which in the distant past had a huge landslide which caused a tsunami to hit North America's east coast.  They say the same thing could happen again one day... although there is no evidence that this eruption could trigger such an event.

There is some spectacular footage of the eruption available on YouTube, including livestreams from the local television news.
Let it burn.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

This is on one of the Canary Islands, the one which in the distant past had a huge landslide which caused a tsunami to hit North America's east coast.  They say the same thing could happen again one day... although there is no evidence that this eruption could trigger such an event.

There is some spectacular footage of the eruption available on YouTube, including livestreams from the local television news.

If it wiped out D.C. whilst Congress and the White House were in full session, I would consider the rest of the damage a cost worth bearing.

Offline Ghost Bear

If it wiped out D.C. whilst Congress and the White House were in full session, I would consider the rest of the damage a cost worth bearing.

From one of the maps that I've seen online, it would take about 8 hours for the wave to reach the U.S. coast. Plenty of time for the officials to get out of town, unfortunately. Only the ordinary people would be left behind, stuck in traffic jams probably.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

From one of the maps that I've seen online, it would take about 8 hours for the wave to reach the U.S. coast. Plenty of time for the officials to get out of town, unfortunately. Only the ordinary people would be left behind, stuck in traffic jams probably.  :shrug:

So, the rest of us just need to (a) make sure we crash just enough cars to block the highways out of D.C., and (b) keep enough drones up in the air to keep the helicopters grounded.

Offline EdinVA

So, california hears thunder and a wildfire breaks out.... La Palma has a vocano and no wildfire..... why?
This is the middle of La Palma's dry season also

Offline Ghost Bear

So, california hears thunder and a wildfire breaks out.... La Palma has a vocano and no wildfire..... why?
This is the middle of La Palma's dry season also

Actually, the first sign of the eruption was a wildfire which broke out in the forest on the volcano. It was in the early reporting, but not mentioned much once the eruption got well under way.
Let it burn.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Globull warming strikes again.....   rrthree
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

For several years now, I've heard this sort of thing being discussed.
Around 1950, an eruption caused
the entire northwest face of the mountain to slide down 13 feet.

If that much mass would slide down all the way into the ocean,
it would cause a tsunami 200 feet high to cover the entire East Coast.
Boston, NYC, and the entire East Coast of Florida would be wiped out.
A wave that big could possibly travel over land
and wipe out Philadelphia, Baltimore, and DC.

Think what that would do to the election demographics.

The downside is all the collateral damage.
It would also wipe out southeast Virginia, with its huge naval base,
along with numerous other military bases clustered around DC.

Maybe this is why, for the last several decades,
the government has been quietly moving one agency after another
to Colorado.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline mountaineer

Lava flowing again from La Palma volcano after brief pause
Posted on September 27, 2021

Lava began flowing again from a volcano on the Canary Island of La Palma on Monday, after it briefly stopped for two hours earlier in the day.

Lava flows resumed and a large black cloud could again be seen above the volcano in Cumbre Vieja, according to RTVE state television.

The volcano had suddenly fallen silent earlier in the day, after an eight-day eruption that has caused widespread destruction and led to evacuations and curfews.  ...  More at Nordot

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

It would also wipe out southeast Virginia, with its huge naval base,
along with numerous other military bases clustered around DC.

Maybe this is why, for the last several decades,
the government has been quietly moving one agency after another
to Colorado.

I'm almost sure that could not happen and I believe I remember it was due to how the Atlantic coast is made up
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Can we say "holy shit!" yet?

Live feed:

https://youtu.be/HtpEE276x_Y

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lava flowing again from La Palma volcano after brief pause
Posted on September 27, 2021

Lava began flowing again from a volcano on the Canary Island of La Palma on Monday, after it briefly stopped for two hours earlier in the day.

Lava flows resumed and a large black cloud could again be seen above the volcano in Cumbre Vieja, according to RTVE state television.

The volcano had suddenly fallen silent earlier in the day, after an eight-day eruption that has caused widespread destruction and led to evacuations and curfews.  ...  More at Nordot
I told them, the sacrifice had to be a virgin.

Offline EdinVA

I told them, the sacrifice had to be a virgin.

oh, so it was not a vegan....

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!

DOES NOT APPEAR TO ME THAT THE GREAT TSUNAMI CAUSING LANDSLIDE OFF THAT ISLAND IS HIGHLY LIKELY SO FAR. POSSIBLE, BUT NOT LIKELY, IT SEEMS. YEA FOR THAT.

SAD SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DISPLACED & HOMES DESTROYED.

THE RED HOT FLOWING, RUNNING RIVERS OF LAVA CAN BE A BIT MESMERIZING, THOUGH.

Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Ghost Bear

THE RED HOT FLOWING, RUNNING RIVERS OF LAVA CAN BE A BIT MESMERIZING, THOUGH.

That's for sure. Watching the live video of the volcano at night (available on YouTube) can be amazing.
Let it burn.

Offline Ghost Bear

Let it burn.

Offline mountaineer