Author Topic: Read ex-PM's blistering 200-word rant about American nuclear submarines - warning 'if the US can't b  (Read 258 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Read ex-PM's blistering 200-word rant about American nuclear submarines - warning 'if the US can't beat a bunch of Taliban rebels in pick-up trucks, what chance would it have against China?'

Former Prime Minister Paul Keating was critical of the nuclear subs agreement
    He said the US military had shown it could not beat 'a bunch of Taliban rebels'
    Mr Keating said Australia would become 'hostage' to US military policy in Asia
    He wondered how Australia cold maintain 'sophisticated nuclear submarines'

By Michael Pickering For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 23:12 EDT, 15 September 2021 | Updated: 03:30 EDT, 16 September 2021

Former prime minister Paul Keating has slammed the new nuclear submarines deal between the US, UK and Australia, arguing the US military can't beat a bunch of Taliban rebels in pick-up trucks.

In a damning assessment of the agreement jointly announced this morning by Prime Minister Scott Morrison, US President Joe Biden and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Mr Keating said the deal represented a further 'dramatic loss of Australian sovereignty'.

Mr Keating, the famously acid-tongued Labor PM from 1991-1996, released a statement that questioned the wisdom of Australia locking in its military equipment and defence forces with the US to counter the growing power of China.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9995919/Read-ex-PMs-blistering-200-word-rant-American-nuclear-submarines.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Well, he is labor, which is the UK/AUS version of a hard-core leftist democrat/prog in the U.S., but as they say, even a stopped clock gets the time correct twice a day.

Online corbe

France Is Outraged by U.S. Nuclear Submarine Deal With Australia

Roger Cohen  1 hr ago

PARIS — France reacted with fury on Thursday to President Biden’s announcement of a deal to help Australia deploy nuclear-powered submarines, calling it a “unilateral, brutal, unpredictable decision” that resembled the rash and sudden policy shifts common during the Trump administration.

The angry words from Jean-Yves Le Drian, the foreign minister, in an interview with Franceinfo radio, followed an official statement from him and Florence Parly, the minister of the Armed Forces, calling “the American choice to exclude a European ally and partner such as France” a “regrettable decision” that “shows a lack of coherence.”

The degree of French anger recalled the acrimonious rift in 2003 between Paris and Washington over the Iraq war and involved language not seen since then. “This is not done between allies,” Mr. Le Drian said. His specific comparison of President Biden to his predecessor appeared certain to infuriate the American president.

His indignation reflected the fact that France had its own deal with Australia, reached in 2016, to provide it with conventional, less technologically sophisticated submarines. That $66 billion deal has now collapsed, but a harsh legal battle over the contract appears inevitable.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/france-is-outraged-by-u-s-nuclear-submarine-deal-with-australia/ar-AAOvXGS?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
For someone whose country surrendered to the moslems years ago he has no high ground to yap from. But then I saw Corbe's article about the submarine deal and I understood, he's pissed that the Biden administration screwed Frances sub deal with Australia by offering them nuke power over Frances diesel electrics. He was probably working for the company building the diesel electrics and lost a bunch euros.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:12:40 am by GtHawk »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
THe heck of it is, some of the newer diesel/electric boats are quieter than the nukes (no reactor cooling pumps)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
"Former prime minister Paul Keating has slammed the new nuclear submarines deal between the US, UK and Australia, arguing the US military can't beat a bunch of Taliban rebels in pick-up trucks"

Bears repeating, and just another example of damning evidence that Pedo Joe has destroyed our standing in the world. Joe has done a bang up job of putting  2021 in a select group of disastrous years in this country.....  1862, 1930, 1942.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.