Author Topic: Australia, the US and UK to announce landmark new defence pact  (Read 275 times)

Offline mountaineer

Australia, the US and UK to announce landmark new defence pact
« on: September 15, 2021, 08:59:02 pm »
Australia, the US and UK to announce landmark new defence pact
By Anthony Galloway and Rob Harris
Updated September 16, 2021 — 12.59am
first published September 15, 2021 — 8.52pm

Australia, the United States and Britain will unveil a landmark new security pact to share advanced technologies, including nuclear submarine technology, in a major international announcement on Thursday morning.

As part of the pact, to be known as AUKUS, the US would help Australia develop a nuclear submarine capability, which could result in Australia dumping its $90 billion submarine deal with France, sources confirmed.

The working group will enable the three countries to share information in areas including long-range strike capabilities, artificial intelligence and underwater systems in a thinly veiled bid to counter China, Politico reported, citing a White House official and a congressional staffer.

The announcement will be made at 7am AEST, when the White House said US President Joe Biden would deliver “brief remarks about a national security initiative”. ...
Sydney Morning Herald.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

Re: Australia, the US and UK to announce landmark new defence pact
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 09:00:13 pm »
One wonders if the Australians are reconsidering their participation in this pact.  After all, with #Bidet in the White House, anything they disclose to the Americans is likely to end up in Chinese hands.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 09:00:30 pm »
Alex Ward
@alexbward
"The trio [of US, UK & AUS], which will be known by the acronym AUUKUS, will make it easier for the nations to share information and know-how in key tech areas like artificial intelligence, cyber, underwater systems and long-range strike capabilities."
9:16 AM · Sep 15, 2021

More from Politico

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 09:05:10 pm »
U.K and Australia....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 09:54:09 pm »
Aukus: China denounces US-UK-Australia pact as irresponsible

China has criticised a historic security pact between the US, UK and Australia, describing it as "extremely irresponsible" and "narrow-minded".

The deal will see the US and UK give Australia the technology to build nuclear-powered submarines for the first time.

It is being widely viewed as an effort to counter China's influence in the contested South China Sea.

The region has been a flashpoint for years and tensions there remain high.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said the alliance risked "severely damaging regional peace... and intensifying the arms race"...............

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58582573
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 09:54:58 pm »
Aukus: China denounces US-UK-Australia pact as irresponsible

China has criticised a historic security pact between the US, UK and Australia, describing it as "extremely irresponsible" and "narrow-minded".

The deal will see the US and UK give Australia the technology to build nuclear-powered submarines for the first time.

It is being widely viewed as an effort to counter China's influence in the contested South China Sea.

The region has been a flashpoint for years and tensions there remain high.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said the alliance risked "severely damaging regional peace... and intensifying the arms race"...............

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58582573

False flag.  They know full-well that Gen. Milley will call them ahead of time with all the latest intel.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 10:08:31 pm »

Bonus - France is upset.

If both China and France are upset, you know it's good.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 10:10:54 pm »
Bonus - France is upset.

If both China and France are upset, you know it's good.

France is genuinely upset - they'll lose a lot of money (that's all they really care about).  I doubt if China is genuinely upset, given that they own Biden and Milley.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 10:17:16 pm »

Filthy Frogs make money selling nuclear technology to Iran.  Not exactly our BFF.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 12:24:01 pm »
Australia riles France with sudden US-UK nuclear submarine pact
Issued on: 15/09/2021 - 23:41
France accused US President Joe Biden on Thursday of stabbing it in the back and acting like his predecessor Donald Trump after Paris was pushed aside from a lucrative defence deal that it had signed with Australia for submarines to strengthen Canberra’s military capabilities in the face of a rising China.

"It's really a stab in the back. We had established a relationship of trust with Australia, this trust has been betrayed," Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told France Info radio.

"I'm very angry today, and bitter... this is not something allies do to each other," he said, noting that Australia would now have to explain how it would exit the contract.

Le Drian also said Biden’s conduct was reminiscent of his predecessor Trump, who exasperated Europe with unpredictable decision-making.

"This unilateral, sudden and unforeseeable decision very much recalls what Mr. Trump would do," Le Drian added, describing what has happened as "unacceptable" and "incomprehensible."...
France24

Well, that's an interesting take.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 12:25:35 pm »
The EU weighs in:
... EU ‘not informed’ on AUKUS alliance

The Australia-UK-US alliance – dubbed AUKUS – announcement came just before the EU was scheduled to detail its own Indo-Pacific strategy on Thursday.

The alliance fuelled fears in Brussels that Washington was cutting out the EU at time when several European capitals are still smarting over the way the US handled the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The EU’s foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, on Thursday complained that Brussels was kept out of the loop on the AUKUS partnership.

"We regret not having being informed, not having been part of these talks," said Borrell. "I understand how disappointed the French government will be."

But he insisted that ties with Washington had still improved dramatically since Biden replaced Trump. ...
France24

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 01:54:08 pm »
The EU weighs in:France24

What's the fun of having BREXIT, if you can't rub it in their face?  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 02:07:42 pm »

"This unilateral, sudden and unforeseeable decision very much recalls what Mr. Trump would do," Le Drian added, describing what has happened as "unacceptable" and "incomprehensible."

The only difference is,you surrender monkey, Trump would NOT go behind your back like Biden, He'd tell you straight up to your wine swilling, pea soup slurping, smelly cheese eating faces.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:08:33 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 02:23:43 pm »

:silly: