Author Topic: Woodward book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weap  (Read 55030 times)

Offline Kamaji

*gravamen*...never heard of that term..had to look it up!

Sorry.  sometimes I like to use fancy-pantsy words.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sorry.  sometimes I like to use fancy-pantsy words.

Well I learned a new word and will look for ways to use it myself..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The gravamen of the issue here isn't that Milley spoke with the Chinese - no doubt there are protocols in place for regular contacts between superior officers in the U.S., Russia, China, etc. - and it isn't that Milley had a meeting with other high officers in the U.S. at which the protocols for the use of nuclear weapons were restated to make sure all were clear on them.

The gravamen of the issue here is that Milley colluded and conspired with Pelosi, and undoubtedly others, to improperly and illegally remove the sitting President - President Trump - from the chain of command for nuclear weapons (and perhaps in general), in violation of well-established rules for when and how the President can be removed, and he then utilized the meetings with other senior U.S. officers to implement that conspiracy, and conveyed the fact of the conspiracy and its success to the Chinese (along with who knows what else).

That is the gravamen here:  the conspiracy/collusion between a senior military officer and a political opponent of the President to illegally and improperly interfere with the President's Constitutional authority as Commander-in-Chief.

I mostly agree @Kamaji but even if there are protocols in place, the SUBSTANCE of any such calls must be approved by the CIC.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

I mostly agree @Kamaji but even if there are protocols in place, the SUBSTANCE of any such calls must be approved by the CIC.

I agree, and giving the Chinese counterpart assurances that there will be no surprise attack goes beyond what I would expect to be the typical sort of communication on these calls.  If it was an ordinary call, not requiring special review, there would be no need to give "special assurances".  On the other hand, if "special assurances" were given, that conversation should have been approved by the CinC.

As I said, the crux of the issue is not that conversations were had, but the purpose of those conversations and the tenor of what was conveyed in those conversations.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If this is true, then why is the WH and Intelligence shredding and burning the transcripts as we speak.
If it was all normal and routine, then show us the transcripts.

If he has admitted to it, who, when, where, and why hasn't the cuffs beens slapped on.  If this isn't a "court martial" jailable offense, then what is?

Oh....  quoting the Biden family mantra probably....  Plausible Deniability
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:06:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1438193506565201922
If one goes down, they all go down. Expect everyone in Washington D.C. involved in Foreign Relations, Intelligence, or the Military to come out swinging for Milley. They are not protecting him; they are protecting themselves.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If one goes down, they all go down. Expect everyone in Washington D.C. involved in Foreign Relations, Intelligence, or the Military to come out swinging for Milley. They are not protecting him; they are protecting themselves.

Make that bigger so everyone can see it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Very good point.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon Confirms Milley Conversations with Chinese Counterpart, Other Uniformed Leaders on Nukes

A spokesman for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley on Wednesday confirmed some allegations contained in a new book that the chairman, allegedly fearing then-President Donald Trump would order a nuclear strike, had a meeting with other uniformed leaders and two phone calls with his Chinese counterpart.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/15/pentagon-confirms-milley-conversations-with-chinese-counterpart-other-uniformed-leaders-on-nukes/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Behar: ‘God Bless General Milley’ — Trump Was ‘Certifiable Nut Case’

Joy Behar told her co-hosts Wednesday on ABC’s “The View” that former President Donald Trump was “a certifiable nut case” while reacting to reports on Bob Woodward and Robert Costa upcoming book’s claim Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, took steps to prevent Trump from launching nuclear weapons and called his counterpart in China.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/15/behar-god-bless-general-milley-trump-was-certifiable-nut-case/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've contacted my congresscritters asking that Miley hearings be held on an emergency basis, and let this testimony be added to record for the UCMJ trial. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Joy Behar told her co-hosts Wednesday on ABC’s “The View” that former President Donald Trump was “a certifiable nut case” while reacting to reports on Bob Woodward and Robert Costa upcoming book’s claim Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, took steps to prevent Trump from launching nuclear weapons and called his counterpart in China.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/15/behar-god-bless-general-milley-trump-was-certifiable-nut-case/

If President Trump was, in fact, a "certifiable nutcase" then why didn't Milley, Pelosi, and the other conspirators use the approved mechanisms for removing a disabled president from power?  Why didn't they start proceedings under the 25th Amendment?  Instead, they jumped straight to conspiring to cut President Trump out of the chain of command on nuclear weapons (and maybe other weapons or forces), effectuated that conspiracy by ensuring that the chain of command below Milley knew that Milley was "in charge", and then conveying the fact of the conspiracy and its success to the Chinese.

Online corbe

Everybody and their grandma told Trump Milley was 'Bad News'. He hired him anyway and fired the two Men against this appointment
 the most~Mattis and Tillerson.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Trump was a certifiable nut! - Behar
Biden is the essence of serious, intelligent leadership. - Behar

Just to let everyone know her twisted judgement of reality. The most condemning fact is that she does not realize even in the smallest way, that she is more of a certifiable nutcase than Biden. In her warped disturbed mind, she considers herself to be the epitome of intelligence and righteousness, enlightenment, and virtue. That alone should disqualify her from judging others.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump Appoints Gen. Mark Milley Chairman Of The Joint Chiefs Of Staff
SHANNON VAN SANT
December 8, 2018  9:41 AM ET

Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Mark Milley will become the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

President Trump made the announcement via Twitter on Saturday.

"I am pleased to announce my nomination of four-star Gen. Mark Milley, Chief of Staff of the United States Army — as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, replacing General Joe Dunford, who will be retiring," Trump wrote. "I am thankful to both of these incredible men for their service to our Country! Date of transition to be determined."

(more)
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/08/674930438/trump-appoints-general-mark-milley-chairman-of-the-joint-chiefs-of-staff

-----------------------------------------------------------------

One thing Trump has which no one can argue about is, Trump has an uncanny, almost supernatural gift for picking the absolute worse people alive to work for him. Almost every single person he appointed turned out to be a traitor to him. Whether to the Democrat Party, the MSM, or now even working for China, Trump's touted knack for "picking only the best" was incredibly wrong. The opposite was true. Trump picked only the worst for some inexplicable reason, and they all stabbed him in the back.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
1m
Weird how Milley called China even though the country Trump did bomb twice was Syria. But that raises other questions
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ryan Fournier
@RyanAFournier
·
1m
The Pentagon continues to say it's normal for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs to speak with other military leaders.

This isn't the problem. It's what was said on the call that's the problem.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Col. Rob Maness ret. Retweeted
Flag of United StatesCol. Rob Maness ret.
@RobManess
·
32m
McClellan was fired. MacArthur was fired. #Milley must be fired and court martialed @POTUS
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reporters asking for transcripts of Milley's conversations with China...Kirby says no
Support the USO