Author Topic: China trying to take over abandoned US airbase at Bagram: Nikki Haley  (Read 184 times)

rangerrebew

China trying to take over abandoned US airbase at Bagram: Nikki Haley

The US needs to closely watch China as it might try to take over the Bagram air force base in Afghanistan following the Taliban's takeover of the war-torn country, Haley warned

The US needs to closely watch China as it might try to take over the Bagram air force base in Afghanistan following the Taliban's takeover of the war-torn country and use Pakistan to get stronger to go against India, a former senior American diplomat has warned.

America's former envoy to the United Nations Nikki Haley said President Joe Biden has lost the trust and confidence of American allies after his hasty decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan. She said there are many challenges in front of the US.

The US needs to make sure that Americans are protected and the country's cybersecurity is strong "because actors like Russia are going to continue to hack us because we show no signs of willingness to fight back, she said.

"We need to watch China because I think you are going to see China make a move for Bagram Air Force Base. I think they are also making a move in Afghanistan and trying to use Pakistan to get stronger to go against India. So, we have got a lot of issues," she said.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/china-trying-to-take-over-abandoned-us-airbase-at-bagram-nikki-haley-121090200628_1.html

Offline rustynail

Re: China trying to take over abandoned US airbase at Bagram: Nikki Haley
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 12:01:55 pm »
"trying"?  What's to stop them?  The Tolly Bohn already announced an alliance with China.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 12:43:04 pm »
If China wants Afghanistan you can be sure they are not going to play patty-cake with the Taliban like the U.S. did for 20 years.
They will go in and kill and destroy everything until the Taliban are no longer able to resist.
This is the historic traditional "definition of war", until America changed it to 'hearts and minds'.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 12:45:15 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 01:19:42 pm »
If China wants Afghanistan you can be sure they are not going to play patty-cake with the Taliban like the U.S. did for 20 years.
They will go in and kill and destroy everything until the Taliban are no longer able to resist.
This is the historic traditional "definition of war", until America changed it to 'hearts and minds'.

Why would they need to kill the Taliban?  They're just as corruptible as their predecessors.  And since China does not care about trivialities like human rights, or women's rights, they'll be perfectly happy leaving the Taliban to lord it over their women and young men in all their 7th Century glory, so long as the Taliban leave them alone with Bagram - and any other bases they choose to build - and leave them alone to antagonize India.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 07:56:43 pm »
Why would they need to kill the Taliban?  They're just as corruptible as their predecessors.  And since China does not care about trivialities like human rights, or women's rights, they'll be perfectly happy leaving the Taliban to lord it over their women and young men in all their 7th Century glory, so long as the Taliban leave them alone with Bagram - and any other bases they choose to build - and leave them alone to antagonize India.

Why are the Chinese working overtime to exterminate the Uyghurs?  Because radical Islam is not compatible with Communism and Confuciusism.  Before this is over, the Taliban and its subsidiaries will beg to be pacified by the couple of billion Chinese.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 08:08:33 pm »
So?  We're done with Afghanistan.  Oh, now, because China wants it, Americans want Afghanistan back?

Why can't China succeed where Britain, the Soviet Union, and the US/NATO failed?  It will be different this time.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 08:17:21 pm »

Why are the Chinese working overtime to exterminate the Uyghurs?  Because radical Islam is not compatible with Communism and Confuciusism.  Before this is over, the Taliban and its subsidiaries will beg to be pacified by the couple of billion Chinese.
Yep. The Chinese have NO tolerance for Islam or Muslims. All it will take is for the Taliban (or any of the dozen other terrorist groups there) to attack a Chinese base or a Chinese force and all hell will open up on them.

I'll say it again. If China wants to occupy and control Afghanistan, they will do it with extreme violence, extreme force, and overwhelming numbers. And the Chinese will have no stupid ROEs keeping them from firing until fired upon. Their mission will be to patrol and to shoot on sight.

After dealing with the pusillanimous/trepidatious (can't we all just be friends?) United States for 20 years, the Taliban will never know what hit them. The Taliban are not used to real actual scorched Earth war, where their enemy doesn't want to be their friend. The enemy (China) wants to kill them and to take the country from them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 08:19:43 pm »

The difference being that the Uyghurs are within China, not a separate country, and their are actively resisting the Chinese government, which the Taliban are not.

It might ultimately come to a conflict between China and the Taliban, but for now, it's much more likely that China will simply do business with them so long as China gets what it wants, which is almost certainly not territorial expansion into, or direct governance over, Afghanistan.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 08:29:17 pm »
The difference being that the Uyghurs are within China, not a separate country, and their are actively resisting the Chinese government, which the Taliban are not.

It might ultimately come to a conflict between China and the Taliban, but for now, it's much more likely that China will simply do business with them so long as China gets what it wants, which is almost certainly not territorial expansion into, or direct governance over, Afghanistan.

For now.  I'm betting war within a decade.  Neither side will be able to stop themselves from fighting over the "Greater China" region of Afghanistan.  IOW, inside of a decade China will decide Talibanville is a colony, and subject to the Rules of the Crown.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 08:33:16 pm »
In Communist dogma, there is no authority more powerful, and no power higher, than the State.  Everyone and everything is property of the State and exists to serve the State.  There is no other worldly purpose other than to serve the State.

Religion must be eliminated as competition to the State for people's minds, bodies, and souls.

The Chi-coms have over a billion disposable, expendable people for human shields and rocket-propelled-grenade fodder.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.