Author Topic: Americans are stocking up on toilet paper again  (Read 422 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Americans are stocking up on toilet paper again
« on: September 01, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/americans-stocking-up-toilet-paper-again

Procter & Gamble Co., the biggest U.S. manufacturer of toilet paper and paper towels, said it is ramping up production as demand increases. The moves come as several retailers said P&G is limiting shipments of paper products to stores.

The maker of Charmin toilet paper and Bounty paper towels is speeding up production lines, running factories 24 hours a day, seven days a week and investing to increase shipping volumes, a company spokeswoman said. P&G declined to comment on limits to retailers.

The recent jump in demand comes after many months in which paper-product sales plummeted to below pre-pandemic levels as stocked-up Americans stopped buying.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Americans are stocking up on toilet paper again
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 10:48:00 pm »
Stocking up? Or a gradual resumption of normal buying patterns after last year's idiocy?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 10:57:53 pm »
I'm just wondering how much tp we are permitted to have in the closet before the gubmint comes after us. Ten rolls? 20?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 11:03:57 pm »
Stocking up? Or a gradual resumption of normal buying patterns after last year's idiocy?

You are a deep thinker Pete...but

C'mon man...you know we are only one panic tv news cast away from being out of ass wipe.  Except for Joe Biden his butt is always wiped.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 11:06:38 pm »
I'm just wondering how much tp we are permitted to have in the closet before the gubmint comes after us. Ten rolls? 20?

It's giving the paper companies time to repackage, shrink the rolls and raise the prices (again).

I've been stocking up for quite awhile.  It is aggravating to see the ever shrinking rolls of tp and paper towels.  Of course the paper towels now have the hand-dandy select a size, and it is difficult to find full sheets -- but I have some older packages of paper towels that have 96 2-ply full sheets, then the packages decreased to 84 2-ply full sheets, the select a size or split sheets went from 120 - 110...so who knows .... abracadabra let's see if we can continue to deceive the public.  888mouth
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:16:43 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 11:08:23 pm »
Something short of an arsenal of TP.

C'mon. No one needs a TP dispenser that holds more than ten rolls.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 11:08:54 pm »
During the last TP crisis, I bought an extra package at Sam's Club, so we currently have 54 rolls.

If anyone from the government is listening, I'm just kidding, we have no toilet paper at all. Lost it all in an unfortunate boating accident.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 11:19:10 pm »
During the last TP crisis, I bought an extra package at Sam's Club, so we currently have 54 rolls.

If anyone from the government is listening, I'm just kidding, we have no toilet paper at all. Lost it all in an unfortunate boating accident.

Funny how flooding and rain can ruin a good roll of toilet paper or paper towels.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 11:22:55 pm »

As General "Buck" Turgidson said: "Mr. President, we cannot allow a TP gap!"

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 11:46:33 pm »
As General "Buck" Turgidson said: "Mr. President, we cannot allow a TP gap!"
As Arthur Digby Sellers famously wrote 'what do you do when you're stranded and you don't have a roll?'

Online Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 11:56:01 pm »
As Arthur Digby Sellers famously wrote 'what do you do when you're stranded and you don't have a roll?'

The Dude abides!

https://www.dudequote.com/?q=109

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 12:01:18 am »

Online Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 12:39:56 am »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 01:31:00 am »
Don't worry about gubmint, worry about Sheryl 'one sheet' Crow.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2021, 03:04:21 am »
Oh my gosh.  I am a thrifty person.  When TP is on sale, I buy it.  $5.49 instead of $7.99, of you buy 5.  As a woman, I go through a lot. Men don't have this problem.  TAP TAP.  I can use it for Kleenex too. Does not go bad, even if in garage.  Then young women need it for their "TIME."   My son is putting in a bidet for me. He already ordered it. Just need him to put it in.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 03:07:51 am »

:silly:

You aren't a woman!   Think!   :silly:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 04:31:58 pm »

I think some states limit magaz ... errrrrr ... closets to just 10 rolls. ****drummer  :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2021, 04:33:26 pm »

Did your lost TP arsenal soak up half the lake?  ****drummer

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 04:35:38 pm »
We've become a nation of extreme knee-jerkers.  **nononono*
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 05:39:53 pm »
Did your lost TP arsenal soak up half the lake?  ****drummer
Oh, sure, get me in trouble with the EPA!

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 05:49:22 pm »
We've become a nation of extreme knee-jerkers.  **nononono*

Bunch of  sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker's if you ask me.