Author Topic: Informal Institute for National Security Thinkers and Practitioners (8/24)  (Read 76 times)

rangerrebew

Informal Institute for National Security Thinkers and Practitioners

Quotes of the Day:

In honor of returning to school this semester:

"As a professor of mine used to tell his classes, 'There is, and can be, no direct correlation between the grade you receive on a paper and the amount of time or effort you have spent on the paper; which is not to say that hard work does not produce results, but only that some people can do with great ease what others cannot do at all or can only do with great effort.  In an hour, Mozart could produce a piece of music that I would be unable to match even if I spent my whole life working at it.'  Also remember that the grade that you get on the paper represents my judgment of the quality of the results – not what you meant to say, but what you actually said."
- Professor Amy Kind,

"I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well."
- Alexander the Great (attributed)

"Education should implant a will and a facility for learning; it should produce not learned but learning people. In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists."
- Eric Hoffer

1. CIA Director William Burns held secret meeting in Kabul with Taliban leader Abdul Ghani Baradar
2. Beijing’s American Hustle by Matt Pottinger
3. In Southeast Asia, Kamala Harris’s Message: You Can Count on the U.S.
4. Why America keeps building corrupt client states
5. Massive veterans group uses intel, satellite images to direct Afghan interpreters around Taliban checkpoints
6. Story Telling and Strategy: How Narrative is Central to Gray Zone Warfare
7. Opinion | The Afghanistan outcome is ugly. Biden was still right to say: Enough.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/8-24-2021-National-Security-News-and--Commentary.html?soid=1114009586911&aid=GbuPfYMishM