Author Topic: Joe Biden to Address the Nation as Chaotic Afghanistan Withdrawal Continues  (Read 1416 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden to Address the Nation as Chaotic Afghanistan Withdrawal Continues

Simon Kent 22 Aug 2021

President Joe Biden will use an address to the nation on Sunday afternoon to provide updates on the administration’s evacuation efforts in Afghanistan as scenes of chaos and despair at Kabul airport continue to define his response to the crisis.

Biden’s speech is expected to be televised at 4 p.m., The Hill reported.

The address was announced late Saturday night, hours after Biden met with his national security advisers regarding the Afghanistan crisis which has engulfed his administration and drawn in U.S. allies from around the globe.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/22/joe-biden-to-address-the-nation-as-chaotic-afghanistan-withdrawal-continues/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
4pm?  I guess he needs time for the meds to kick in.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

You know that this issue is hurting them bad.

But how do you take a guy whose brain isn’t functioning and have him address and anxious public?

This is believing that more and more speeches will fix everything
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Viewing tip:  Watch his dilated dead eyes, lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes when he reads what his handlers wrote for him.  The blank facial expression and little blinking. 

Any bets on if he will take questions?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Demented Biden is going to address the chaotic mess the nation and Afghanistan are in?  The very same Biden has been denying since it all started.  Some new dementia drug beginning to take effect?
 ****slapping 22222frying pan
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Viewing tip:  Watch his dilated dead eyes, lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes when he reads what his handlers wrote for him.  The blank facial expression and little blinking. 

My money is in the pool on how late he shows up.  I made a killing last time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

He'll be close to on time today....heck there is nothing else going on.  Oh wait, if the ice cream truck drives by that could be a hold up.

He won't take ANY questions.  He needs to just go away quietly into the sunset.....  Well it won't really be quiet with the VP cackling.

Offline Wingnut

What is the over/under for today?

Online libertybele

Sorry .... I just won't be able to watch, I need to fill up my bird feeders.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:13:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

4pm?  I guess he needs time for the meds to kick in.

Getting the right Adderal/Seconal mix can be tricky.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I doubt it.  There is only a 30 minute lag time between the press pool call and the beginning of the speech.  Last time, they had almost five hours from pool call to speech, allowing Psaki to fully vet and select the questions to be asked.

What's interesting is that there is a 6 pm pool call for out-of-town press.  That would indicate to me that Biden is still planning on a Delaware trip.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

He'll be close to on time today....heck there is nothing else going on.

There wasn't anything else going on last time either.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I guess we can make this our live thread for the presser coming up in ten mins if he is on time
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Biden
@POTUS
·
1h
United States government official
Today at 4 PM ET I will address the nation on my Administration’s response to Tropical Storm Henri, and give an update on the evacuation of American citizens, SIV applicants and their families, and vulnerable Afghans.
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

Biden is on the clock.

Offline Wingnut

10 min late and counting

Offline Idiot

10 min late and counting
I think I heard an ice cream truck go by.

Offline Wingnut

I think I heard an ice cream truck go by.

Skwerl!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steve Herman

It appears @POTUS
 remarks will not be starting on time.
Support the USO

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The only certain image we will see is this one with his back to American citizens.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

It's showtime.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

So it took Slow Joe over two months from becoming president to having his first press conference, and now how many has he had just in last 7 days?  3? 4?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No one is behind him this time...talking about the weather on the east coast...
Support the USO

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1429538527675654145
What in the hell are the books on Presidents behind him?

He has Nixon sitting over his right shoulder.  How appropriate, the last one forced from office.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:22:03 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »