Author Topic: Live Thread 3: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8420 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Live Thread 3: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #401 on: August 24, 2021, 12:14:10 am »
Psaki and the Admin continues to use the highly legalese-sounding phrase "Americans who want to come home" talking point.

There is a reason why they are using this phrase and I think we as American's need to brace for what's coming.

They are setting the table for justifying why they are leaving Americans stranded in a hostile foreign country once the August 31st deadline passes. 

Mark my words...Biden & Co are about to willing leave American citizens to die at the hands of foreign terrorists.

That's what I'm sensing, too.  When stories start surfacing of Americans trapped in Afghanistan after the last flight leaves, they will simply say, "Hey, we told them to get to the airport.  Not our fault."
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #402 on: August 24, 2021, 12:40:50 am »
I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt as Biden’s astounding stupidity caught everyone by surprise.

If I was a US expat working overseas, and I saw Joe Biden being sworn in as President of the US, I would be in no rush to return to the US either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #403 on: August 24, 2021, 12:48:16 am »
Biden to decide on Afghanistan troop withdrawal extension in next 24 hours: report

President Biden will reportedly decide whether or not to extend the timetable for the U.S.’s troop withdrawal from Afghanistan in the next 24 hours, as the security situation in the country continues to deteriorate amid the Taliban’s offensive.

Reuters reported, citing an administration official, that Biden will decide within 24 hours if the U.S. will extend its Aug. 31 deadline for the troop withdrawal mission to give the Pentagon more time to evacuate Americans and Afghan allies.

The U.S. military has ramped up its evacuation effort since the Taliban seized control in Afghanistan over the last week, working to pull American citizens and Afghan allies from the country.

Roughly 48,000 people have been evacuated from Afghanistan since Aug. 14, including 10,900 individuals who were pulled from the country in the first half of Monday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/569100-biden-to-decide-on-afghanistan-troop-withdrawal-extension-in-next-24
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #404 on: August 24, 2021, 12:50:46 am »
ALL Americans need to come home period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #405 on: August 24, 2021, 01:12:54 am »
Hate to say this, but I agree with this POV.

The Americans inside Afghanistan knew FULL WELL that once Bagram AF Base was abandoned, they had just a couple of weeks at most to get to Kabul and to GET THE HELL OUT OF DODG

Read the advisory again @DCPatriot   And remember, through July the administration was telling them and the world to relax ---there's nothing to worry about because 300,000 Afghan soldiers have their backs.  When this advisory was issued, Bagram was still open.

"Strongly suggest" is not an order.  An order would have included a "Leave List", would have been nonnegoiable and passage home would have been made available. 

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the moral obligation the military and administration has for the safe departure of the Afghan national sitting next to a US citizen ---- but not to the US citizen.  This is so wrong it almost makes my head explode.  It is indefensible.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2021, 01:18:34 am »
ALL Americans need to come home period.

If they can't get them home we will be seeing be-headings and all kinds of torture of Americans on television.
Support the USO

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #407 on: August 24, 2021, 01:21:44 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Okay...you're right, although am hard-pressed to visualize anybody here on the forum that wouldn't have made immediate plans to skidaddle out of there once Biden was inaugurated.   Yes, I know we're all political junkies, but how tone-deaf can people get?  The signs to get out were everywhere.

I know damned well, I would have been out of there, the evening of January 20th, 2021.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #409 on: August 24, 2021, 01:29:51 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Okay...you're right, although am hard-pressed to visualize anybody here on the forum that wouldn't have made immediate plans to skidaddle out of there once Biden was inaugurated.   Yes, I know we're all political junkies, but how tone-deaf can people get?  The signs to get out were everywhere.

I know damned well, I would have been out of there, the evening of January 20th, 2021.    :laugh:

I don't think being abandoned by the US military and the whole of the US government is part of the American conciousness.  Hell, even in Saigon the Marines brought out the Americans.

The American image, stature and conciousness is forever changed.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 01:40:38 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2021, 11:05:44 am »
7 die at Kabul airport, US airlines activated to help evacuation

American Military News by Michael Collins - TNS   August 23, 2021

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/latest-from-afghanistan-7-die-at-kabul-airport-us-airlines-activated-to-help-evacuation/

It’s been a week since the Taliban entered Afghanistan’s capital city and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani fled.

And the scene at Hamid Karzai International Airport remains frenzied, with seven people killed as crowds try to get out of the country, the British military reported on Sunday.

“Conditions on the ground remain extremely challenging but we are doing everything we can to manage the situation as safely and securely as possible,” the Defense Ministry said in a statement, according to the Associated Press.

On Saturday, troops from several nations tried to control the crush of people pressing to get into the airport, as temperatures hit the mid-90s. Soldiers sprayed water from a hose on those gathered or gave them bottled water to pour over their heads. It wasn’t immediately clear whether those killed had been physically crushed or died from other health conditions.

A NATO official told Reuters on Sunday that 20 people have died in the last week at the airport amid the evacuation.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2021, 11:54:50 am »
7 die at Kabul airport, US airlines activated to help evacuation

American Military News by Michael Collins - TNS   August 23, 2021

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/latest-from-afghanistan-7-die-at-kabul-airport-us-airlines-activated-to-help-evacuation/
So the USAF has nearly 500 transport aircraft, C-130, C-17 and C-5.... Is the USAF refusing to fly in and get people?   Is that why we are using civilian companies?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #412 on: August 24, 2021, 11:55:43 am »
That's what I'm sensing, too.  When stories start surfacing of Americans trapped in Afghanistan after the last flight leaves, they will simply say, "Hey, we told them to get to the airport.  Not our fault."

Did you ever think you'd even consider the possibility that something like that could happen?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #413 on: August 24, 2021, 11:56:36 am »
So the USAF has nearly 500 transport aircraft, C-130, C-17 and C-5.... Is the USAF refusing to fly in and get people?   Is that why we are using civilian companies?

More seats in some of those aircraft than what you can safely put in the military transports.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #414 on: August 24, 2021, 12:01:13 pm »
It takes a lot of time to reconfigure those aircraft from cargo to pax.  Besides, I'm not sure if there are enough seats for all of those aircraft combined.  Faster to use civil aviation.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #415 on: August 24, 2021, 12:09:42 pm »
It takes a lot of time to reconfigure those aircraft from cargo to pax.  Besides, I'm not sure if there are enough seats for all of those aircraft combined.  Faster to use civil aviation.

So, they have to have cushy seats in order for us to save their life?

I flew 7 and 9 hours in c130's with web seats, I think I could tolerate a ride on the floor if my life depended on it..

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2021, 12:19:10 pm »
Did you ever think you'd even consider the possibility that something like that could happen?

Never.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #418 on: August 24, 2021, 12:34:01 pm »
Adam Schiff: Evacuations in Afghanistan Likely Not Over by August 31, Airport Terror Threat ‘Very Real’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/23/adam-schiff-evacuations-in-afghanistan-likely-not-over-by-august-31-airport-terror-threat-very-real/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #419 on: August 24, 2021, 12:35:09 pm »
Pentagon Spox Kirby: Won’t Rule Out Airlifts to Kabul Airport If It’s ‘Best Way’ – Commanders Have Authority They Need

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said commanders “have the authorities they need to pursue opportunities to bring people in,” including by helicopter and that we won’t rule out future helicopter missions to

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/23/pentagon-spox-kirby-wont-rule-out-airlifts-to-kabul-airport-if-its-best-way-commanders-have-authority-they-need/
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #420 on: August 24, 2021, 01:45:56 pm »

When I was in Vietnam fighting communists over there, I never considered that I would one day wind up fighting them right here at home but here I am doing exactly that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #422 on: August 24, 2021, 01:53:39 pm »
Jack Posobiec Flag of United States
@JackPosobiec
 · 50m
BREAKING: Biden sent CIA director to Afghanistan yesterday to ask the head of the Taliban for safe passage of Americans
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #423 on: August 24, 2021, 01:54:52 pm »
The Associated Press
@AP
 · 16m
BREAKING: A Taliban spokesman says the U.S. must complete its evacuation of people from Afghanistan by the Aug. 31 date the Biden administration set for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops. The Taliban say they will accept “no extensions” to the deadline. http://apne.ws/QzMoNSG
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #424 on: August 24, 2021, 01:59:12 pm »
BBC Breaking News
@BBCBreaking
·
14m
The Taliban are no longer allowing Afghans to go to Kabul airport to try and leave the country, spokesman says https://
Support the USO