Author Topic: Blinken on Afghanistan: ‘This Is Manifestly Not Saigon’ All Over Again  (Read 600 times)

Offline LMAO

Your average American, who pays little attention to everyday happenings in DC are acutely aware of what has happened in Afghanistan.  The press couldn't ignore and cover up Biden's huge failure on this one.   They do try to spin it... but the pictures speak loudly.

Not just Afghanistan. But Americans can also see crime rising and lawlessness on the rise. They also see they’re paying a hell of a lot more for food, fuel, and just about everything else.

Ungrateful Americans!!  They should be happy that they got to pay $.16 less for hotdogs on Fourth of July
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline The_Reader_David

Well, there is a difference:  When Saigon fell it was despite the efforts of our South Vietamese allies to resist, and resist they did, even through in the peace accords that allowed our exit called on us to provide air and naval support in the event the NVA invaded the South after our withdrawal, which part of the agreement we shamefully reneged on.  When Kabul fell our allies offered no resistance, at least in part because the "democratic" government was really a kleptocracy that stole the rations and the ammunition they would have needed to offer resistance -- there is no other explanation for the reports of the Afghan Army having neither food nor ammunition.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.