Author Topic: Joe Biden Blames Donald Trump for Afghanistan Collapse — Despite Calling Taliban Takeover ‘Unlikely’  (Read 159 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Blames Donald Trump for Afghanistan Collapse — Despite Calling Taliban Takeover ‘Unlikely’ in July

Charlie Spiering 14 Aug 2021

President Joe Biden issued a statement Saturday blaming former President Donald Trump after the Taliban rapidly took control of the majority of Afghanistan’s major cities.

“When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor,” Biden wrote, complaining that Trump negotiated a deal “that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001.”

Biden also noted that Trump had set the troop withdrawal date of May 1 and reduced troop levels to 2,500.

The president said he had the choice of either following through with Trump’s withdrawal plan or sending more troops back into Afghanistan to secure the country.

But Biden set a later date for withdrawal, choosing a new deadline of September 11th before walking it back to August 31.

“I was the fourth President to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan—two Republicans, two Democrats,” he said. “I would not, and will not, pass this war onto a fifth.”

On Saturday, Biden announced his decision to surge 5,000 American troops into Afghanistan to help ensure the safe evacuation of American personal.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/14/joe-biden-blames-donald-trump-for-afghanistan-collapse-despite-calling-taliban-takeover-unlikely-in-july/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

“When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor,” Biden wrote

You also inherited the construction of a border wall, an immigration policy that stopped the flow of illegals into the country, an energy policy that made the US an oil exporter, and a pipeline deal where Canada was paying to build a pipeline in our country for the transport of underpriced Canadian crude.  All four of which you trashed.  So don't say that you were locked into some policy (which you didn't follow anyway) because of Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

GWB tried to save the Freddie/Fannie ponzi scheme scan twice and he got all the blame for it's ultimate failure. 
   It's what evil people do, always blame others for their own shortcomings.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All this administration ever cared about was sticking Trump in the eye.

No policy, no vision, no leadership. Just partisan ideologue retaliation.
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

I find myself more and more each day preoccupied with this thought.

Rodney Crowell - I Don't Care Anymore - 3/6/2017 - Paste Studios, New York, NY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJD4Auq4JAw
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
True that Joe inherited a plan from the President but as I recall he then trashed the plan and the agreements that were made as fast as he could. Captain Dementia just like the infant that denies eating the chocolate despite it being all over their face.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When will fools tire of believing Trump/Republicans are to blame for what democrats do and have done?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions