Author Topic: Sec. Mayorkas says border crisis 'unsustainable' and 'we're going to lose' in leaked audio  (Read 318 times)

Offline libertybele

Too bad the audio isn't playing on every major news network!!

Sec. Mayorkas says border crisis 'unsustainable' and 'we're going to lose' in leaked audio

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas met privately with Border Patrol agents in Texas and said in leaked audio that the border crisis is "unsustainable" and "we're going to lose" if "borders are the first line of defense."

"A couple of days ago I was down in Mexico, and I said look, you know, if, if our borders are the first line of defense, we're going to lose and this is unsustainable," Mayorkas said Thursday, according to the audio obtained by Fox News' Bill Melugin through a Border Patrol source. "We can't continue like this, our people in the field cant continue and our system isn't built for it."

Mayorkas told the agents that the current border situation "cannot continue." He said the federal government's system was not designed to handle such an influx of migrants as the U.S. has seen in recent months and he was "very well" aware that the sector recently came close to "breaking."

"It’s our responsibility to make sure that that never happens again," he said........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mayorkas-leaked-audio-border
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Bullsh*t. Breaking the border is as intentional as is breaking the budget.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHS chief admits ‘unsustainable’ border crisis in leaked audio: ‘We’re going to lose’ control
August 13, 2021 | Jon Dougherty

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas made remarkably frank comments during a private meeting with U.S. Border Patrol agents in Texas on Thursday, notably that the current illegal migrant crisis is “unsustainable” and that “we’re going to lose” control of the situation if “borders are the first line of defense” for the nation.

“A couple of days ago I was down in Mexico, and I said look, you know, if, if our borders are the first line of defense, we’re going to lose and this is unsustainable,” said Mayorkas, according to audio files obtained by Fox News‘ Bill Melugin via a source within the Border Patrol.

“We can’t continue like this, our people in the field can’t continue and our system isn’t built for it,” he added.

During a press conference Thursday, Mayorkas revealed that hundreds of thousands of migrants were encountered in July by Border Patrol and Customs and Border Protection personnel in July, a single-month record.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1426200031950954499

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/08/13/biden-dhs-chief-admits-unsustainable-migrant-crisis-were-going-to-lose-control-of-border-1118174/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sounds like gaslighting an open border policy.

They tried nothing and they are out of ideas.  Where's VP, Sistah Soulja?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

GOP demands Biden administration act after Mayorkas calls border crisis 'unsustainable'

Top Republicans on Friday called on the Biden administration to act on the crisis at the southern border after leaked audio emerged of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas calling the situation there "unsustainable."

"The other day I was in Mexico, and I said, if our border is our first line of defense, we're going to lose and this is unsustainable," Mayorkas said as he spoke to Border Patrol agents in Texas on Thursday, audio of which was obtained by Fox News. "We can't continue like this, our people in the field cant continue and our system isn't built for it."...........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-mayorkas-border-republicans-demand-action

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Sounds like gaslighting an open border policy.

They tried nothing and they are out of ideas.  Where's VP, Sistah Soulja?

She's in a corner somewhere laughing hysterically.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So Mydorkass wants to close the barn door after all the horses, cows, goats, sheep, and chickens have gotten out?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mayorkas:
"we're going to lose" if "borders are the first line of defense."

What in heck is this supposed to mean?
The border IS "the first line of defense" of the sovereignty of the nation.

How can protecting it cause "loss"???

Oh, wait...
The demo-communists are the ones who are "going to lose" if the border actually IS protected....!
Dumb me for not figurin' that out sooner!