Author Topic: January 6 political prisoners deserve much more outrage than they're getting  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 12, 2021
January 6 political prisoners deserve much more outrage than they're getting
By David Zukerman

How long would it have taken rabid, radical leftists to respond if the Trump Department of Justice had held Antifa defendants in jail for seven months without trial?  Half a millisecond?

Hundreds, yes hundreds of Trump-supporters at the Capitol have been held for seven months without trial.  Other than a timid protest by a few conservative House Republicans, this writer is unaware of demands that these political detainees — how otherwise explain their detention by Biden's attorney general Garland (and thank the Almighty he was not put on the Supreme Court) — be given a fair and speedy trial?

Following a story in The Washington Post that a federal judge has constitutional concerns about one case involving a few of the detainees, The New York Times recognized, in its August 11 print edition, that the constitutional right of the detainees to a speedy trial is going by the boards, as trials are supposed to begin within 70 days of indictment.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/08/january_6_political_prisoners_deserve_much_more_outrage_than_theyre_getting.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Guilty of trespassing in the People's House. Hard to believe over 500 people are being held, essentially as political prisoners, in my country for so long without anyone giving a sh*t about it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Guilty of trespassing in the People's House. Hard to believe over 500 people are being held, essentially as political prisoners, in my country for so long without anyone giving a sh*t about it.

I don't think it's that people don't care I think they just have no idea about what they can do about it.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how the owners of a building can be held for trespassing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 02:11:16 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I don't think it's that people don't care I think they just have no idea about what they can do about it.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how the owners of a building can be held for trespassing.
We had better figure it out quickly. For example the new budget doubles the budget for the IRS & dramatically increases the number of auditors. I think its safe to assume they will not be employed impartially.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

Even as cynical as I am,I am still having trouble believing that NO ONE in the mainstream media deems it important enough to even mention.

The ONLY bright spot I see here is that once Trump is back in the WH,they are all sure to get a full pardon,as well as some sort of financial compensation. Maybe even a friendly judge to accept their lawsuit against the Biden administration at the top levels.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 02:15:25 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

Well,first they would have to get some high-powered law firm to represent them,and then they would have to find a court that would accept their suit.

Hopefully,this will change in 2024.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Even as cynical as I am,I am still having trouble believing that NO ONE in the mainstream media deems it important enough to even mention.
I have no problem believing the mainstream media is quiet about it, they are agents of the state and it is the state that is persecuting these people.

Honestly, I'm surprised the democrat rank and file haven't taken a step back and reconsidered their support of these fascists. There must be SOME well meaning ones among their number.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 02:32:10 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have no problem believing the mainstream media is quiet about it, they are agents of the state and it is the state that is persecuting these people.

Honestly, I'm surprised the democrat rank and file haven't taken a step back and reconsidered their support of these fascists. There must be SOME well meaning ones among their number.

@skeeter

I suspect there are many airhead kneejerk leftists out there starting to take notice,but the Fascist-owned media is no more likely to give them a platform to speak from than they are us.

Probably even less likely to give a fellow commie a platform to complain from.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Were there 500 people in the Capitol Building?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Were there 500 people in the Capitol Building?
If reports are to be believed the feds paid visits to many who claimed to never have set foot in there - they were at the rally is all.