Author Topic: Schumer moves to shut down debate on $1T infrastructure bill  (Read 90 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer moves to shut down debate on $1T infrastructure bill
« on: August 06, 2021, 02:48:44 pm »
Schumer moves to shut down debate on $1T infrastructure bill
By Jordain Carney - 08/05/21 10:22 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) is teeing up a Saturday vote to wind down debate on a roughly $1 trillion infrastructure bill, with senators hoping to pass the legislation as soon as this weekend.

Schumer on Thursday night moved to arrange the vote for Saturday, where he’ll need 60 votes to move forward, after a day of behind-the-scenes haggling failed to produce a breakthrough.

“I believe we’re very close to an agreement and see no reason why we can’t complete this important bipartisan bill," Schumer said. "So I urge both sides to continue working diligently to make it happen."

A Democratic aide described Schumer’s move as a back-up plan that would ensure that the Senate could take the procedural vote Saturday in the event that he wasn't able to work out a deal to finish the bill Thursday, as was the case.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/566657-schumer-moves-to-shut-down-debate-on-1t-infrastructure-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Schumer moves to shut down debate on $1T infrastructure bill
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 04:48:54 pm »
In no way shape or form does this bill have the urgency that demands it not be debated.

The Dems know their time will be soon up being in power and are cramming as many of their bills as they can down our throats.

If the turtle ever has any acumen on using parliamentary tactics to delay, this is the time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington