Author Topic: Liz Cheney says her father is 'deeply troubled' about the state of the Republican Party  (Read 236 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney says her father is 'deeply troubled' about the state of the Republican Party
By Mychael Schnell - 08/04/21 07:43 PM EDT

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) on Wednesday said her father, former Vice President Dick Cheney (R), is “deeply troubled” about the state of the Republican Party.

“My dad is deeply troubled about where our party is, deeply troubled about where the country is,” Cheney said during an event hosted by the Aspen Institute.

She said her father, who served under former President George W. Bush, has been a “tremendous source of advice and guidance and wisdom for me.”

Liz Cheney has been among the most vocal GOP critics of former President Trump's failed campaign to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and the Republican Party's support of his efforts.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/566435-liz-cheney-says-her-father-is-deeply-troubled-about-the-status-of-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Nowhere near as troubled as I.  The GOP is overrun with collaborators like Liz Cheney.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Slide Rule

And Dick contributed to his trouble with his daughter.
Didn't he ever have a father daughter talk?

Coming home for Dick to live with.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Again, I must be living on a different planet because that's the least of my concerns for the nation at the moment.

Offline Kamaji

That's nice, dearie. 

Offline cato potatoe

Rather than be "troubled" about imaginary crises, he could have let a young person enjoy the use of a new heart.  We've had enough of Dick Cheney.  You were a terrible VP.  Just go into the wilderness and shoot unsuspecting wildlife. 

Offline skeeter

No kidding. Well then I'll need to re-examine my own support for an America First agenda, now that I know Dick Cheney is deeply troubled.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Liz you should be more concerned with your daddy he's been deeply troubled for years and it has nothing to do with the GOP, one might say that trouble is reflected in you.

Offline dfwgator

I've been 'deeply troubled' about the State of the Republican Party since Reagan left the White House.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No surprise. He was a Bush groupie.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
No mystery then why she is floundering.  Her father is by no means a beacon to follow.  He was a self serving traitor, whose only focus was putting money in his pocket.  He and Bush trashed long standing policies for contract acquisition that should have had both impeached.

Whatever Cheney is saying, you can bet the opposite course of action is appropriate.