Author Topic: ‘We’re going to be blunt’: Navy works on federal messaging as CT legalizes marijuana  (Read 184 times)

rangerrebew

‘We’re going to be blunt’: Navy works on federal messaging as CT legalizes marijuana

August 04, 2021 Erica Moser - The Day

“Thinking about bringing marijuana on base? Weed rather you didn’t,” the Naval Submarine Base posted on Facebook on July 1, the day possession of marijuana became legal in Connecticut. “State law legalizing possession of marijuana doesn’t apply to military installations.”

A few weeks later, the sub base posted a graphic with the message, “We’re going to be blunt. Don’t bring marijuana on base.”

Active-duty and civilian Navy personnel hope their puns will grab people’s attention and get the message through.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/were-going-to-be-blunt-navy-works-on-federal-messaging-as-ct-legalizes-marijuana/

rangerrebew

Military personnel have been using weed for 60 years and more.  Whatever the policy is, members are going to use it on shore and, in many cases, at sea. 999yawn

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Military personnel have been using weed for 60 years and more.  Whatever the policy is, members are going to use it on shore and, in many cases, at sea. 999yawn

Sailors smoking pot while underway scared me as one never really had time off. You could get a trouble call and back to work you'd go. I was a Radar and IFF tech and with nite ops I could get trouble calls any time day or nite, and often did.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My son served on a Sub from that base, in Groton.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My son served on a Sub from that base, in Groton.

My son served on a sub home ported in Guam. Four of his HS Wrestling Team mates all joined the Navy upon HS graduation. One of them served with him, until he extended his enlistment 8 months to be reassigned to a sub home ported in San Diego.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 03:24:08 pm by Elderberry »

Offline rustynail

Drugs are bad.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Drugs are bad.

So are "Blanket Statements".

There are a lot of "Good Drugs". But good drugs can also be used "Badly".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So are "Blanket Statements".

There are a lot of "Good Drugs". But good drugs can also be used "Badly".

I like the label, "Do not drink alcohol with this medication.  Alcohol may intensify the effects." 

Excellent!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: