Author Topic: Californians are arriving in Montana in droves. But they're not welcome.  (Read 1232 times)

Online Hoodat

Californians are arriving in Montana in droves. But they're not welcome.

Tessa McLean   |   July 22, 2021

Sasha Vermel had been sewing face masks locked down in her Oakland home for months during the pandemic when her hands gave out. She realized she couldn’t even open a door anymore.

It was the last straw. She’d been out of work as a designer and seamstress since COVID-19 hit, she’d been home-schooling two kids for months and the 2020 wildfire season had been relentless. She went to her husband and asked if he wanted to fly to Missoula, Montana for the weekend and look at houses.

That was in September 2020. By Thanksgiving, they had moved there, joining the thousands of people who have relocated from California to Montana in the past two years.

While the move was abrupt, Vermel and her husband had thought about leaving the Bay Area for years. She said they would often do “real estate tourism” on Zillow and browse houses in other cities they might move to. They considered Asheville, North Carolina, but there wasn’t much of a tech community there, something her husband was looking for. They also thought about Austin, but quickly realized it wasn’t quite as affordable as it once was  .  .  .

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/Californians-moving-to-Montana-exodus-tech-16330335.php

So they're liberals.  Which explains why they aren't wanted in Montana.  It is because of people like this that California became a hell hole in the first place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

“Part of me is annoyed that [locals] even care. Why are they special for just being born here?"

@roamer_1

American by birth.  Montanan by the grace of G-d.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

What she misses most is the diversity in the Bay Area — the state of Montana is 88% white.

Then get the f___ back to California, Bitch!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

American by birth.  Montanan by the grace of G-d.

@Hoodat
That's right... Welcome to Montana... Now go home.

See  this guy here:

Quote from: the original article
Cooper says that he’s also encountered people that are hostile toward another Californian moving in, but he deflects the conversation immediately. “I say yes, I’m from ‘Commiefornia,’ but don’t worry, I’m not bringing any of that crap up here. I’m escaping it. Then everything is fine. There is a lot of opposition to people bringing the politics from here to there.”

He'll do alright. I know quite a few California rednecks... punched cows with some fellers from down in the Sierras back in the day... No different from folks here... We know all y'all ain't Californicators... But it is hard to pick out the good ones.

BUT, Yah willin, we'll hit a proper winter with four or five feet of snow on the ground, and by spring they'll all be down in Texas.  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

What she misses most is the diversity in the Bay Area — the state of Montana is 88% white.

Then get the f___ back to California, Bitch!

That's right. Folks up in here don't see color. And we like it like that. Folks that DO see color do not belong here.

Offline cato potatoe

The "tech" community.  I bet she wants to delete everything her neighbors post on the internet.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Didn’t Missoula have this problem in the 90s? I seem to recall a lot of people moving there about then.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️