Author Topic: La. state senate votes to override veto of bill that would bar biological males from girls' school s  (Read 766 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Louisiana state senate has voted to override Gov. John Bel Edwards' veto of legislation that would block biological males from competing on school and college sports teams designated for females.

The legislation's prohibition targets school athletics that involve state funding.

The Associated Press reported that the state senate's 26-12 veto override vote fell strictly along party lines, with Republican lawmakers voting to back the measure.

"Your opportunity is now to do what you've been led to do by your own conscience," Republican state Sen. Beth Mizell said as she asked lawmakers to vote in favor of overriding the veto, according to The Daily Advertiser. "Without protection women's sports will no longer exist."

https://www.conservativereview.com/la-state-senate-votes-to-override-veto-of-bill-that-would-bar-biological-males-from-girls-school-sports-2653874194.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji